Thread: cho'gall issues

Deleted

cho'gall issues

Hey guys!

I´m raiding in a small 10-man guild and we are having some issues on cho'gall. hope you could throw in some thoughts and ideas to help me.

So, we´ve been wiping on cho gall for almost 3 weeks now. (2 days per week á 5 hours raiding guild) We basically tried out every possible tactic for him that is out there (or at least it feels so).
    -we 2-man healed him with max dps possible.
    -we 3-man healed him with max dps possible.
    -we positioned the puddles in different locations.
    -we tried max add-control possible

Right now were down to 2-man healing with max dps possible.
    We are interrupting the worshipping people asap (sometimes we get 2 stacks on cho. once or twice 3 stacks. but about 70% of the time we have no stacks on him)
    We are miminizing the fails on the corruption crashes (sometimes 1 or 2 people get hit by one. but i don´t think that this makes the difference)
    We kill the adds on top of the stairs (tanking cho'gall in the middle of the room). Range dps burn down the little adds, so nobody ever gets hit by them (so no curruption stacking there)
    In phase 2 tentacles have first dps priority and then cho'gall. we´re interrupting the tentacles.

Our Raid Setup:

Feral tank druid
    Protection Warrior
    Retoration Shaman
    Holy Paladin
    Enhancement Shaman
    Unholy Deathknight
    Survival Hunter
    Balance Druid
    Fire Mage
    Detruction Warlock

(when 3-man healing we use a holy priest instead of the destro lock)

so basically our problem is... well I don´t know where the problem is. our raid collapses almost every time at about 10% due to healers beeing oom. but we already optimized ouer mana cd´s rotations (mana tide totem / rejuvination / divine plea).
    when we 3-heal the encounter we die due to too much adds overwhelming the range dps.
    we meet the dps requirement (we have top dps enhancer 17k and unholy 15k. the range dps pull about 12k average dps due to target switching and bombing the adds)

unless we are doing something mandatory wrong, I don´t know where the mistakes are. so I´m asking you guys hope you can help.

(btw. we only have 9/12 on farm basically one-shotting every boss. never tried alakir. nefarian melted faces and only cho gall seems good to get the 4 set bonus for people)

thanks
    Last edited by mmocd3ac727fb0; 2011-03-20 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superspitti View Post
    we meet the dps requirement (we have top dps enhancer 17k and unholy 15k. the range dps pull about 12k average dps due to target switching and bombing the adds)
    lol.... wat

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    We run with a 2 healer setup, one of whom is a disc priest who's spamming smite and we always get p2 moments before or moments after the 4th add spawns. We do ignore him ofc, as he despawns. Our dps is kind of bad, 12kish for most of them, 17k for myself due to being a death knight.

No-one may have ANY corruption before p2 begins. Interrupts on the big adds must not fail, small adds may never reach the raid, interrupts on players, especially healers must be within a second or the incoming damage will grow. We have 1 gaypile during the bossphase, and an additional gaypile during p2 for the ranged. Make sure especially your melee is getting the interrupts right, and also make sure all of your dps plays defensively. If you have hunters not using deterrance or DK's not using shell/zone, the raid damage will be to high.

also, get cho'gall towards a wall before p2 hits, tentacles won't be so spread.
    Last edited by Pieterman; 2011-03-20 at 10:07 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild's been downing him a couple weeks now and he's pretty simple once you get used to the mechanics. The biggest thing on that fight is to make sure those adds never get to the raid. In doing so, you never have any extra shadow power from Chogal before p2.

To do that, even with lower dps we have our mage go frost and our ele shaman (myself) dropping his earthquake on adds. This slows them up quite a bit while everyone else aoe's the hell out of the lil buggers. With 3 healers our dps is still able to down the adds and phase him before the 4th add calls the extra slimes. Try to see if your ranged can squeak out a lil bit more dps and you should be fine.

As for phase 2, run the boss to the stairs to his throne, pop bloodlust, then kill all the adds that probably spawned in your raid. Cleave the boss off the tentacles that will all spawn with him after that, interrupting as you go (tentacles are always top priority). Once he hits under 1 million just nuke him as hard as you can. Be sure you dispel fast when each player hits 25 shadow power and that ranged stays away from each other after 50% shadow power is reached.

Oh.. as for puddles.. never had a problem with our tank pulling the first 2 to the top of the entrance stairs and dropping them on the left and right top, then doing the same on the bottom of the same stairs. That way when they all come it's in one big pack. Get those slows and rings of frost down! Don't be afraid to knock back adds if they get too close as well.
    Last edited by Veeks; 2011-03-20 at 10:22 PM. Reason: added puddle info

Quote Originally Posted by superspitti View Post
    Hey guys!

I´m raiding in a small 10-man guild and we are having some issues on cho'gall. hope you could throw in some thoughts and ideas to help me.

So, we´ve been wiping on cho gall for almost 3 weeks now. (2 days per week á 5 hours raiding guild) We basically tried out every possible tactic for him that is out there (or at least it feels so).
    -we 2-man healed him with max dps possible.
    -we 3-man healed him with max dps possible.
    -we positioned the puddles in different locations.
    -we tried max add-control possible

Right now were down to 2-man healing with max dps possible.
    We are interrupting the worshipping people asap (sometimes we get 2 stacks on cho. once or twice 3 stacks. but about 70% of the time we have no stacks on him)
    We are miminizing the fails on the corruption crashes (sometimes 1 or 2 people get hit by one. but i don´t think that this makes the difference)
    We kill the adds on top of the stairs (tanking cho'gall in the middle of the room). Range dps burn down the little adds, so nobody ever gets hit by them (so no curruption stacking there)
    In phase 2 tentacles have first dps priority and then cho'gall. we´re interrupting the tentacles.

Our Raid Setup:

Feral tank druid
    Protection Warrior
    Retoration Shaman
    Holy Paladin
    Enhancement Shaman
    Unholy Deathknight
    Survival Hunter
    Balance Druid
    Fire Mage
    Detruction Warlock

(when 3-man healing we use a holy priest instead of the destro lock)

so basically our problem is... well I don´t know where the problem is. our raid collapses almost every time at about 10% due to healers beeing oom. but we already optimized ouer mana cd´s rotations (mana tide totem / rejuvination / divine plea).
    when we 3-heal the encounter we die due to too much adds overwhelming the range dps.

unless we are doing something mandatory wrong, I don´t know where the mistakes are. so I´m asking you guys hope you can help.

(btw. we only have 9/12 on farm basically one-shotting every boss. never tried alakir. nefarian melted faces and only cho gall seems good to get the 4 set bonus for people)

thanks
    The dps you mentioned there seems really really low, when we did it in week 2 of Cata we had higher than that. You really should try 1 tank and 2 healing it, Have a melee taunt at range for the debuff and the main tank take the boss back right after he puts the debuff out. Take the adds to die in the very back of the first teleporter area instead of the stairs [ stairs is good for 25 but teleporter is better for 10man] When the big adds spawn just have the hunter md the one from the other side of the room to the tank and its all good. There is no physical reason to have 2 tanks, so cuttin one out and tossing in another dps should help. Save for lust for when you go into p2. Have your raid stack up for aoe heals, save lock rocks, lightwells ect for p2, you might even wanna get ur raid some healing pots since they go for 20k hp. But from what your saying your dps need to step it up big time because 12k really isnt acceptable, your hunter should be destroying those meters with the aoeing going on.

get better dps. not better gear, better dps. my 333 frost DK pulls 11k in BH which isnt out of the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post

get cho'gall towards a wall before p2 hits, tentacles won't be so spread.
    this info right here kinda didnt know and it helped us.

we had the same issue in our guild thou not 3weeks!use a Hpal or Hpriest to 2 heal but you can shaman it up if u want, healers need to conserve as much this means innervate and hyms at 60% just to keep mana topped off, when p2 starts all DPS need to focus the stalks and get your druid to tranq if healers can keep up, co-orinate cooldowns and you should kill

I pull 18-24K on my hunter on Cho'gall, and still have a couple blue items. Granted, this is a 25 man raid but the difference in dps just isn't that much to be honest.

Your dps is well behind par. Need to nip that in the bud.

INTERRUPT! INTERRUPT! INTERRUPT! INTERRUPT!

P1 stack on cho'galls butt!
    as soon as worship comes up interrupt it. being grouped up means easy interrupts for most classes, think a bit outside the box (flame breath for firemage etc.)
    when adds spawn drag them to the back of the room - have an interrupt rotation ready to stop the add casting (healers will love you more)
    kill all adds in and around the stair area
    you should only need to worry about 4 adds in this phase (sometimes a 5th comes out at 27%ish hp for us if this is the case burn cho'gall and this 5th add will despawn in last phase)
    set up everything you have to slow/stun/knockback those bloods. priority goes to the killing of these. you have the classes to set up a slow knock back over the slow and then slow again, and a few other things, if those ads get in the group and the tank then its going to make p2 hard as hell.

p2 drag boss to a wall to force eye beam adds to behave correctly.
    spread the F out as you will gain corruption quickly in p2 and it has some nasty effects that hurt grouped up members.
    organise the raid so that you have at least 1 interrupt on every eye beam dude.
    priority goes to the eye beam adds, so dps them down before cho'gall is even touched (sounding like a broken record here i know)

and now a kill vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4A-fkk9bhs
    this is from our hunters perspective
    Last edited by pyrostorm9001; 2011-03-21 at 12:18 PM.