Deleted

Chimaeron 10 heroic healing

Hey there,

Our guild is stuck on Chimaeron heroic 10 man at the moment. Me as a resto druid, having a hard time keeping my mana up on this fight. I usually oom at around 35% boss hp, with innervate used twice.

I usually use wild growth / nourish for phase 1, and pop either tranq / treeform / reju'ing everyone during a feud phase.. I also cast healing touch on the OT to top him off, together with the holy paladin.

Am I doing something wrong here? do I need to use other heals at times? Im kinda struck since we got to 30% a few times with me being completely oom and thus dying to the next feud.

Help me out please D:

I assume you're two healing it.

I'd probably put the holy paladin on raid in p1, they should not have mana issues even using flash heal to heal both slime targets. Then during the feud don't aim to top everyone off. If everyone stacks up properly you only need ~30-40% hp on people (maybe less in normal mode?) for them to not die to the slimes.

Three healing the fight (with a priest) makes it insanely trivial to heal though, if you have that option available to you.

Yeah, paladins can raid heal FAR more efficiently in this fight due to the nature of the whole 10k hp thing. Seems counterintuitive to everything we've ever seen in WoW, but true.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Deleted
    My experience is that using Healing Touch for caustic slime is more mana efficient than WG/Nourish. Sure you're healing alot more than 10k, but WG just costs too much and if you roll LB on one of the tanks (we use a dps DK as break tank who survives on my LB + heal totem) you get a significant amount of free HTs.

During feud I drop effloresence and spam rejuvs/WG while keeping LB up. I save my tranq for the pre-phase 2 heal up right after a massacre.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replys, yea I am 3man healing it at the moment with holy paladin -> tanks, holy priest -> raid, me -> (tank/raid hybrid).

The holy paladin healing raid (from 1 to 10k) and me on tank healing (reforging to mastery for this) might work out =O, I might try it.

And about the healing touch instead of wg/nourish, didn't know that that was more healing efficient.

Thanks guys :P

You can try to squeeze in a Conc potion right after a Feud while he's casting Massacre if you like.

(Removed for inaccuracy)
    Last edited by dyalad; 2011-03-21 at 02:16 PM.

We had a strange breakthrough on our H-Chim progression. We have 2 very skilled Resto druids and last week we sat them both and went shammy, holy priest and pally for heals. Almost immediately we were having no deaths during feuds and were getting to the burn phase every time. It was like flipping the easy-mode switch on this fight. The kill came shortly after.

I hate that Blizz created this encounter at all. But that we have to sit 2 of our best for it to "click" for us was very sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dyalad View Post
    Given sufficient gear, your cheap heal (healing touch) should heal for at least 10000. That should be your #1 heal to use. We don't have a resto druid on our setup, but prioritizing cheaper heals helps later on with mana.

It took me a while to get accustomed to not go for the bigger heals on that fight. In the long run though, it's so much better on the mana. I still use potions and all my regen abilities, but I can spend more mana topping people off before entering the last phase.
    The cheap heal for resto druids is Nourish.

My bad, I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post
    The cheap heal for resto druids is Nourish.
    And nourish doesn't heal 10k...not to mention isn't it 13k on heroic?

Nourish heals for right around 8500 WITH a HoT on someone already, about 6k without a HoT.

Its still 10k, the healing touch suggestion is a good one, you're guaranteed to push em over 10k and as long as you're rolling LB's you should get a decent amount of OOC procs to help with mana.

If you're doing this fight with 3 healers Im fairly confident it can be done with almost any setup, some easier than others though.

Deleted
    So were raiding tonight again on chimaeron heroic. Gonna try to healing touch with the proc as much as possible, and see how mana goes, let's hope it works =D
    I'll keep it updated ^^.

Ohyea, shall I use the 300 int or 300 spirit flask, Im currently using the 300 intellect for more healing output, but considering my mana, I might switch to 300 spirit.

Just some extra info you might find helpful for the non-feud phases:

- You have 15 seconds after any massacre to get anyone that isn't a tank above 10k health. Caustic slimes simply don't happen until that point.
    - You have 5 seconds to heal someone hit by Caustic Slime to above 10k health. That is either the time before the next Caustic Slime happens, or the time before the next Massacre happens.

As for feud:

- As long as you have either a resistance totem from a shaman or aspect of the wild from a hunter, as long as 9 people are huddled up the most damage anyone who isn't the tank can potentially take is 141120. Divide this by 3 and it comes down to 47040 damage per Caustic Slime. And after the third Caustic Slime, people only need to be above 10k again since the next hit is a Massacre again with Finkle's robot active.
    - The above is with just the nature resistance from a totem/aspect! The actual healing most people need will likely be lower, as most people can (and should!) be using abilities to help reduce their damage intake.
    Last edited by Cluck; 2011-03-21 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Yes overhealing (healing above 10k) might be an issue aswell, i'll keep it mind, thanks cluck :P

I did this as a druid and I am not sure "exactly" what the other healers were doing but we had me and a sham and paladin. I had my LB rolling on the main tank and that is fine to keep them up, I kept rejuv up to help heal the double strike tank, and then I spent the rest of the time hitting caustic slime targets with nourish. On the last two slimes before massacre I always used RG just because it was faster, since sometimes 2x nourish wasn't fast enough if I had just spent a GCD refreshing LB or RJ. Nourish doesn't heal for 10k but the "raid healing" that goes around from various abilities makes up the difference. The holy paladin was also assisting on healing up double strike tank and caustic slimes on the raid, but right at the massacre he was spamming the feud tank since we seemed to have a lot of problems with them dying right off the bat if they werent topped quickly. For feud I just spammed wg,rejuv,sm, and I used tree on the first and third feuds, and we had players use individual and raid survivability cooldowns on the second one. Tranq right before the second phase to get everyone as high as possible.

For massacre healing wild growth + nourish on targets that didn't get the WG was plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Awazah View Post
    I assume you're two healing it.

I'd probably put the holy paladin on raid in p1, they should not have mana issues even using flash heal to heal both slime targets. Then during the feud don't aim to top everyone off. If everyone stacks up properly you only need ~30-40% hp on people (maybe less in normal mode?) for them to not die to the slimes.

Three healing the fight (with a priest) makes it insanely trivial to heal though, if you have that option available to you.
    Not saying it's impossible, but 2-healing that fight seems VERY close to it. The normal phases, sure, but the Feuds would be atrocious to try and 2-heal.

As for the OP, the normal phases of the encounter should be your time to breath easy. Have one healer designated to heal the caustic slime folks, one healer specifically on the tanks (we typically have a paladin with beacon on the break tank and pumping heals into the Double Attack tank) and the 3rd healer just supports. For Feud's, make sure you get efflorescense in the group along with WG and Rejuvs on as many targets as possible. Then just snipe the lower-hp targets with Nourish or Healing Touch depending on how much healing they need. Just remember people only need to be above 10k after the 3rd and final slime, so don't feel the need to go TOO nuts. Having a shaman with mana tide is a great addition for mana support as well. Also, not sure what your dps situation is like, but you should really only go through 3-4 Feuds (depending on luck) before the 20% phase is breached, so that is possibly an issue for your raid.

-Judge