Thread: Sinestra 10man?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    The ability was designed to work like bomb at Halion, anyone with some sort of dispel was able to remove it, tho I
    cannot say for certainty of the current situation.

First of all, 99,9% of all the posts about sinestra or any heroic 10man boss comes from some incompetent player that really hasnt gotten any business doing heroic modes but can not establish enough brainwaves to come to this conclusion.

Im not here to act like a prick or show off how awesome I am at the game, the fact that some mind blowing players still arnt able to get the whole 10man content on farm is a clear indication that the content is hard and the 25man content is too easy.
    Just because people might not have seen all content or the fight themselves, doesn't mean they're not allowed to post about it. Who are you to dictate what people should or should not post? No I have not killed or seen Sinestra myself (aside videos) but I am raidleading a 'casual' 10m raiding guild for 9 hours a week, and we're sitting on 7/13 heroic at the moment. The only reason I closely follow these type of situations is because it's good to be informed about future encounters.

Second of all, starting to compare that 25man player guilds should take the 10 best players and prove themselves is just more stupidity. Me and probably a ton of other players havnt gotten the smallest interest in entering 10man raids because of the penalties it brings, if you dont like those penalties like your post seem to yell - do 25mans.
    You were the one implying 10m sinestra is fine the way it is, while statistics clearly say otherwise. I'm simply asking you to provide proof to back your claim, which you clearly are unable or unwilling to do, which means your stance on the fight being fine means exactly nothing.

Then to Sinestra and wrack. Apparently the difference between the 10 and 25man wrack is non existing, two people need to keep of track of them. IF a dps is able to dispell which im quite sure of, I see no reason to your ranting. Tweaking numbers somewhat tranquilizes and softens up your problem, but you would still be forced to find a way to surpass it. For example if the wrack ability was to split to one target instead of two it would be completely irrelevant to the boss and guilds would just find a way to handle it with one healer less and storm the boss down in P3 before the buff fades. Making it split to 1,5 players isnt a choise and making it do a load more damage would just make breaths in P3 unsurvivable so again not an option.
    Well at least you're coming with suggestions here, I like that. However I'm sure the people at blizzard are good at what they do, and they will find a way to balance it. Now, I don't know enough about the encounter to prove you wrong here, but from what I've read and heard around me I heard wrack will affect your entire raid at some point on 10, while this doesn't happen on 25m. Also the orb mechanic taking out a much larger percentage of your healing or dps on 10, compared to 25m. Again, from me it's only hearsay no personal experience so I can't validate these claims.

Your just being childish you if you think that you somehow winning a conversation because blizzard will release a nerfpatch in the future because this will happen with everything in world of warcraft. Nerfing encounters that are unkillable is naturally alright, but if your not able to kill some specific boss then you might not just be good enough to make it work. I strongly wish that people wouldnt have so strong opinions about things they dont have personal experience from or stop giving up so quickly when something isnt progressing during 30 wipes.
    Now now, no need to become personal now, though I find it rather ironic you're calling me childish while you're resorting to personal insults. You're also contradicting yourself here. So nerfing encounters that are unkillable is alright, but when they're ridiculously overtuned (but if all the stars align, killable) it shouldn't be nerfed? I don't think this is Blizzards intention of how fights should work, so I'm 100 % sure they will come with a fix for sinestra 10. Not because 'it has taken too long so it should be nerfed now', no, because the fight is overtuned compared to 25m. And mainly because abilities were just copy/pasted to 10 without thought of how it would affect a smaller group compared to a big group.

But this is a mistake blizzard has made repeatedly in this tier, let's just hope they've learned from it and T12 will be a better balance between the two (and as such reducing the need for threads such as these.)

IIRC they are removing Shadowpriest defensive dispelling next patch, and only Healers will be able to defensively dispel with a few exceptions such as poison, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by readme View Post
    Source: wowprogress.com/guild/us/korgath/Gentlemens+Club
    here's a vid on their first kill: youtube.com/watch?v=FrgDTbNrTB0&feature=channel_video_title
    That isn't their first kill, watch the mages tiptac. He mouses over several people wearing Dragonslayer.

Got to love random guilds creating rumors about legitimate kills just because they can't do the same thing.

Also GC killed it on 25m. You didn't see server spam because it only does it for 10 players in the raid for some reason.
    Last edited by Jinto; 2011-03-25 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    The ability was designed to work like bomb at Halion, anyone with some sort of dispel was able to remove it, tho I
    cannot say for certainty of the current situation.

First of all, 99,9% of all the posts about sinestra or any heroic 10man boss comes from some incompetent player that really hasnt gotten any business doing heroic modes but can not establish enough brainwaves to come to this conclusion.

Im not here to act like a prick or show off how awesome I am at the game, the fact that some mind blowing players still arnt able to get the whole 10man content on farm is a clear indication that the content is hard and the 25man content is too easy.

Second of all, starting to compare that 25man player guilds should take the 10 best players and prove themselves is just more stupidity. Me and probably a ton of other players havnt gotten the smallest interest in entering 10man raids because of the penalties it brings, if you dont like those penalties like your post seem to yell - do 25mans.

Then to Sinestra and wrack. Apparently the difference between the 10 and 25man wrack is non existing, two people need to keep of track of them. IF a dps is able to dispell which im quite sure of, I see no reason to your ranting. Tweaking numbers somewhat tranquilizes and softens up your problem, but you would still be forced to find a way to surpass it. For example if the wrack ability was to split to one target instead of two it would be completely irrelevant to the boss and guilds would just find a way to handle it with one healer less and storm the boss down in P3 before the buff fades. Making it split to 1,5 players isnt a choise and making it do a load more damage would just make breaths in P3 unsurvivable so again not an option.

Your just being childish you if you think that you somehow winning a conversation because blizzard will release a nerfpatch in the future because this will happen with everything in world of warcraft. Nerfing encounters that are unkillable is naturally alright, but if your not able to kill some specific boss then you might not just be good enough to make it work. I strongly wish that people wouldnt have so strong opinions about things they dont have personal experience from or stop giving up so quickly when something isnt progressing during 30 wipes.
    this is just fun to read, srsly you make statements like these and yet you have zero clue what so ever how the fight looks in 10man.
    "99.9% incompetent players in 10man" :<, I know that if you just think about it for a sec you'll come to your senses. cause you WILL find more competent players in 10mans percentage wise. well well I don't want to be the one duscissuing these things when this obviosuly is a thread about 10man sinestra, so I don't even know what you are doing in this thread.
    leave it be and come back when you've tried it on 10man or have any valid information/experience else your words will not be of any weight.

Quote Originally Posted by readme View Post
    Source plx.
    They streamed on Afreeca.com which can't seen abroad from Korea.

Double U *3 dot youtube.com/watch?v=a0RS-4nsv8k&feature=player_embedded
    Finally they uploaded a youtube video. It's recorded from afreeca.com streaming so cropped and has low resolution.

inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=1314&query=view&p=18&my=&category=&sort=PID&orderby=&where=&name=&su bject=&content=&keyword=&sterm=&iskin=&l=17424

It's post from Ehwa on their first kill. I don't have permission to link a site.
    He says not to try 10 man Sinestra for mental health. Sharky is that DPS DK and he got Sinestra achievement yesterday while they were streaming their attempt.

And saying about the first guild Just Enjoy your Playing...
    They are the only guild to kill 10 man Maloriak, VnT, Council HC mode before their first hotfix. They are so damn good.
    Last edited by ekardnah; 2011-03-26 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Got to love random guilds creating rumors about legitimate kills just because they can't do the same thing.

Also GC killed it on 25m. You didn't see server spam because it only does it for 10 players in the raid for some reason.
    If that's true then /shrug

I'm not intentionally "creating rumors" and I don't know how a 10 man kill would deface it's legitimacy, I was just on Korgath and I saw 10 people from GC get the sinestra realm first FoS, and assumed it was a 10 man kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm View Post

I'm not intentionally "creating rumors" and I don't know how a 10 man kill would deface it's legitimacy, I was just on Korgath and I saw 10 people from GC get the sinestra realm first FoS, and assumed it was a 10 man kill.
    And you know what they say about assuming!

The rumor that "KR realm can still use dark simulacrum exploit" is kind of what people can easily think of.
    And kind of what you are not to say without evidence.

KR just have extreme players on 10 man while usual hardcore raiders do 25man on other region.
    Last edited by ekardnah; 2011-03-26 at 04:10 PM.

Wasn't talking to you in particular. More like the dude from Rocket Surgery saying that the KR guilds exploited. The irony here is that Rocket Surgery exploited Cho'gall.

There's a limit to the amount of Realm First spam messages (might be 8 or 9) so that players (or the serverload) doesnt get flooded with 25x of the same Realm First messages. This of course leads to trolling attempts in trade since people only see 1/3 of the raiders named.

BTW 25 man raiders don't do 10 man (H) cause there's only 1 lockout now and why would a guild cancel out a week of raiding 25 for 10?

Running 10's (H) with ALTS of the raiders and we are already 6/13H after 2 weeks (well minus (H) Halfus since most of us have done that previously in semi-pugs). Obviously a lot of the content has been nerfed already (or 're-tuned appropriately' if thinking of it that way makes you feel better about yourself.)

Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    There's a limit to the amount of Realm First spam messages (might be 8 or 9) so that players (or the serverload) doesnt get flooded with 25x of the same Realm First messages. This of course leads to trolling attempts in trade since people only see 1/3 of the raiders named.

BTW 25 man raiders don't do 10 man (H) cause there's only 1 lockout now and why would a guild cancel out a week of raiding 25 for 10?

Running 10's (H) with ALTS of the raiders and we are already 6/13H after 2 weeks (well minus (H) Halfus since most of us have done that previously in semi-pugs). Obviously a lot of the content has been nerfed already (or 're-tuned appropriately' if thinking of it that way makes you feel better about yourself.)
    Most if it's already been watered down. Just be happy you weren't trying to do it in December/January/February.

But for gods sake stop whining and being surprices after each and every new boss that yes, you indeed need to work your ass off to make it work. Dont destroy the experience for players that are looking for a challenge and want to show off with kills that only a handful of the population of the world can accomplish.

Fine, then make the 25s harder than 10s. Clearly the elite players that want to maximize their toons will all play 25s. I don't need it to go back to ICC times where 10s were clearly a tier easier than 25s. But it is very obvious some bosses were/are overtuned in 10man right now. How about in Tier 12 we switch that around and see how many of those top tier guilds ditch 25s and go for 10s.

I did get to see Atra 10(H) in Jan, it seems like the Disks move slower now (that or I've gotten used to them this time around.)

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eternal Reign on Lightbringer-US has downed her in 10man not sure what the raid comp was!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandil View Post
    Fine, then make the 25s harder than 10s. Clearly the elite players that want to maximize their toons will all play 25s. I don't need it to go back to ICC times where 10s were clearly a tier easier than 25s. But it is very obvious some bosses were/are overtuned in 10man right now. How about in Tier 12 we switch that around and see how many of those top tier guilds ditch 25s and go for 10s.
    What are you on about? 25man is where the challenge is not 10man, it has been so and will always be so, the tes about 10man being harder than 25man is just bullshit talk, I don't think the uber pro 10man guilds would ever be able to do the encounters again on 25man without having to wipe a few more nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansorvar View Post
    What are you on about? 25man is where the challenge is not 10man, it has been so and will always be so, the tes about 10man being harder than 25man is just bullshit talk, I don't think the uber pro 10man guilds would ever be able to do the encounters again on 25man without having to wipe a few more nights.
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I think I'll submit this post to Merriam-Webster. They can use it as an example of hypocrisy.

More OT: 10 man is far more difficult right now than 25s. 10s used to be the entry level. They are now the arena where individuals can clearly demonstrate their own skill by overcoming challenges with nobody else to pick up their slack.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 04:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hansorvar View Post
    Clearly you haven't tried 10 man content this tier. Fail troll is fail. 0/10

Quote Originally Posted by Lansow View Post
    Clearly you haven't tried 10 man content this tier. Fail troll is fail. 0/10
    This really depends on the fight. Sinestra might or might not be overtuned for 10m, but for fights such as Al'akir 10m Heroic are far easier in the 10m variant.
    I've done them ^^

See below
    V
    Anger is one letter short of danger.

Deleted
    /watch?v=a0RS-4nsv8k

there you go, needless to say that this is not myself playing and that I have nothing to do with this guild. however you wanted a video and there it is

cant post links yet, you will need to put the youtube url in front of this.