Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Felguard going crazy

Hey all!
    I have alot of trouble with my felguard breaking CC and such =/
    I´ve seen other demo locks that have the same problem.
    I have tried to click on his Legion strike so hes not using it and i have ofc put him to passive BUT as soon as i let him go hes all over the place poking on every mob there is and hes specially likes hunter traps
    This lead to me being last on DPS/damage ofc...
    It just can be right that i have to have him passive and unhappy?

Anyone else have the same problem?

Is this something Blizzard can fix?

Its a big problem for me and i dont enjoy playing my lock anymore!

AND PLZ Blizzard, STOP nerfing us locks =(

Have a lovely day //BettyB

10+ Year Old Account
    micro manage moar?

Deleted
    I've never touched my lock again since I've saw the so called Failguard of my guildmates raging around.

this seems to be a common problems among warlocks. One of my friends rerolled because his imp kept shooting random CC targets.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

10+ Year Old Account
    disable autocast of the charge and legionstrike, then put it on passive, don't use any macros that make him go felstorm, and then just make him attack the skull. And after that the cross. Basically every time you switch target tell him to attack that, he will attack it with his weak ass melee, and then he will come running back.

Or just switch to Succubus for cc-trashmobs, seriously.

But then Blizzard CAN DO something about it! Must be something thats wrong cus this started ïn Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn Pursuit off autocast, and bind /petattack to Immolate or some other frequently used spell to ensure it's always commanded to attack your primary target.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    disable autocast of the charge and legionstrike, then put it on passive, don't use any macros that make him go felstorm, and then just make him attack the skull. And after that the cross. Basically every time you switch target tell him to attack that, he will attack it with his weak ass melee, and then he will come running back.

Or just switch to Succubus for cc-trashmobs, seriously.
    Yea i understand BUT the demo locks "best" pet SHOULD be Felguard and he should be able to use his abilitys or else we loose so much DPS =(

As several people hav said, its simple to control him.

keep him on passive n send him into combat manually, and turn off the intercept it should be fine.
    i only see him going mental when intercepts on auto-cast and he just uses it every cd to charge any target currently in combat CC'd or not.

With it all turned off auto cast he jus does what i tell him and no problems
    Last edited by DotDotDot; 2011-03-17 at 10:49 AM.

Deleted
    Bind your pet attack.

No need for extra macro's, just bind it either on a likely button (or infact a mouse button!) or into Shadowbolt, and profit. Much profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Turn Pursuit off autocast, and bind /petattack to Immolate or some other frequently used spell to ensure it's always commanded to attack your primary target.
    In other words:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Immolate
    /petattack
    Would be the macro.
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyBone View Post
    Yea i understand BUT the demo locks "best" pet SHOULD be Felguard and he should be able to use his abilitys or else we loose so much DPS =(
    I agree with you. They need to buff the Felguard so it overpowers the Succubus.
    (Btw, I'm Demo for quest/grinding and Destruction (Imp!!) for PvE content such as instances and raids.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Bind your pet attack.

No need for extra macro's, just bind it either on a likely button (or infact a mouse button!) or into Shadowbolt, and profit. Much profit.
    Well, this would save you for some trouble, but if you (OP) fancies macro above key bindings, try to macro it.

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 11:53 AM ----------

Code:
    #showtooltip SPELLNAME
    /cast [@pettarget, exists] Legion Strike
    /cast SPELLNAME
    Replace the "SPELLNAME" with a spell you use frequently (or just use /petattack like: )
    Code:
    #showtooltip SPELLNAME
    /petattack
    /cast SPELLNAME
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2011-03-17 at 10:54 AM.

Thx for the response all =) I made a macro now and ill try it out.

But still.. PLZ BLIZZARD fix Felguard!
    Last edited by BettyBone; 2011-03-17 at 11:11 AM.

You'll need to post on the official forums if you want Blizzard to see this mate. It's not very useful shouting it around here.
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

Deleted
    Thx for the response all =) I made a macro now and ill try it out.
    But still.. PLZ BLIZZARD fix Felguard!
    You *do* realize that these are not the official forums, right? Right?

heheh noo but..but... *running to official forums*

This problem is the only thing that really bothers me with warlocks atm. even if he's on passive and you send him to attack every target, he still charges fucking cc'd mobs in the distance as soon as it's off CD. This is kinda dumb on devs part even for a defensive mode pet. Definitely shouldnt be happening with pet in passive since this would go completely against the "passive" tooltip. For gods sake they automatically withdraw every time I fear which I really don't like at all. Why does my felguard think its okay to use charge across the battle at frost traps and sheeps. Generally happens right when I hit felstorm of course. So not only is this fucking up my aoe but hes running obviously into a pack of CC's mobs with his hard hitting aoe.

Just FYI. We play with 3 pet movement bindings. Attack, follow and move- to

About the fear change. I really want to press follow every time I want my pet to stop attacking. This change has inconvenienced me. The times I want my pet attacking fears out numbers the times I want him retreating ALL THE WAY back to me. This means that with the change I have to press more buttons (because of your "dumbing down" my pet management) to make sure he's attacking who I want. You know what!? In arena you have to throw fears in different places, do you hear me or what? Pet attack is not reserved for the non fear target. Maybe I want the pet following my fear around los so he can cast on the target when I fucking comand him to. We don't need you turning warlocks pet managment into auto-easy-generalized play/or auto casting whatever target it fucking wants when its on passive and I send it to one specific target. Fix plz. Pets have all the movement binds they could possibly want. Now just make them work properly.
    Last edited by wowremy; 2011-03-17 at 04:04 PM.

You just need to be aware of Felguard doing aoe damage with his Legion Strike and Felstorm and stop using those when he is close to a CC target or bring out a pet that only does single target damage. It's part of the skill set needed to play as a warlock and micromanagement has always played a large role in that.

Autocast Pursuit can also be a pain because he sometimes does his sprint to a different target and then returns to what he was supposed to be hitting at. I turned off the autocast and simply put it in the pet attack command macro so he will only attempt to use Pursuit if I command him to attack that target.

10+ Year Old Account
    You actually lose DPS simply by using your Felgaurd.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    I'm a clicker so I hate keybinds, I have a Fear macro that sets the Fear target as a focus, puts my FG into passive and switchs off autocast on Legion Strike. I also have a CoE macro that casts CoE and tells my FG to attack. Works well enough, then you can put legion strike back to autocast if there's enough distance away from the CC'd mobs. Even if you don't need to Fear due to better CC in the group you can just click the Fear macro with no target and it will set the FG to passive, kill his autocast AoE and therefore allow you to open with CoE on the skulled mob sending the FG to attack it without embarassing CC breakage. You just need to remember that when switching mobs you need to either open with CoE or order him to attack again as he'll have returned to your side.