Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Next mage to slowfall me to my inevitable doom is getting their corpse camped until they decide to uninstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

This brings back ZA fun on the trash with the Mind control we would usually try and kill certain people that were MCed, or try and get MCed with abilities set or popped see if we could kill anyone. My favorite was to mess with the ones we didnt kill and blind, scare beast druids, sheep, hex, and stun them right as the MC ended so they had to sit in it blind was the best since couldn't be cleansed. LOL in throne of tides I like to dismantle hunters and people when they come out of the MC. On a side note if a rogue gets MCed after using a smoke bomb it becomes hostile also and blocks heals and such.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

I would never try to get someone killed during a raid encounter, that's a dick move. But on trash? Who Cares? Our guild covers the funds. Stampeding Roar people off the elevator boss in BWD is amusing.

Only Slow Falling I'd do to pugs was in Azjul Nerub; watching people go "uh my game broke guys, what's going on?" until they realize slow fall is up and click it off is pretty amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    And I bet you make your raiders march in formation from boss to boss and sing Army cadences while they do it.

You just wouldn't be any fun to raid with!
    Actually that'd have been pretty damn amusing.
    Thundercunts and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sure it is all fun and games. Until it is done over 12 times in a row in ToC dropping into the water. Had people staying in the water waiting to kill people with water walk path of ice. Set up a lock portal they scream into vent we can't take a joke then proceed to blast an air horn. Yeah love spending five hours in a place wiping repeatedly because it is so much fun to kill people during boss fights. Replace people, replace some more, kill more people, lose people. Then destroy the raid with compressed air blast over vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Well you're just no fun at all then, aint ya? My serious face gets put on in class, in court, and in the bed room, never in a video game.
    So by that we can assume you're a juvenile delinquent who masturbates regularly, eh? If you want to pay my 15 bucks a month, then by all means have a "hilarious" time slowfalling me and holding up the raid. For that matter, pay for everyone's monthly subscription, since you're making everyone else wait because of your childish behavior. If you really feel the need to pull immature pranks like that, do it in a random BG. Not in a raid. I'm not saying "be super serious" all the time, that's just the kids in this thread trying to take it to extremes "omg if you can't take a joke u can't have any fun at all and everything must be serious business".
    You can have fun and be serious, it's not a difficult concept to wrap one's brain around.

---------- Post added 2011-03-21 at 03:55 PM ----------

So the joke really was on you, I guess. If they're doing it on trash, it's not progression. The only thing that counts as progression is an actual boss pull, but who the uses that during a boss pull?
    It's hard to get to the boss to make the pull when some adolescent decides it'd be funny to make people slowfall into the lava and have to release and run back in, wasting everyone's time. But maybe that concept is beyond you, eh?

someone did that once on me.. and since he was the top dps he of course was doing obscene tps(not more than me as a tank though) and i decided to stop my threat gen and let him get squashed by the boss, he ragequit and we made our guild first kill next attempt^^ and then we got the achi he ragelogged that said i find it funny once but if someone does it after every single wipe on a rather bad performance day or a progression day i get annoyed to the point were im inclined to let said mage die before resuming my proper tanking

click it off lol, makes a noise etc so obvious. Some mage tried that on me on ToT4W and some of the other raid members. Right click the hand icon thing for slowfall and take off the spell NP. I guess it just shows if you notice and click fast enough whether you ride the slowboat.

Quote Originally Posted by Plexiforce View Post
    Also creating Lock summon stones on edges in BWD or BoT is fun especially have a druid summon outside over the edge and wait for the vent screams.
    You haven't been able to do that since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    click it off lol, makes a noise etc so obvious. Some mage tried that on me on ToT4W and some of the other raid members. Right click the hand icon thing for slowfall and take off the spell NP. I guess it just shows if you notice and click fast enough whether you ride the slowboat.
    So I should be expecting and prepared for the event that one of my fellow guildmates, trusted ally, and relied upon teammate does something stupid, selfish, and inconsiderate or else I'm stupid?

That's some pretty idiotic logic right there.

You might as well tell me that if my best friend stabs me in the face with a pair of scissors then it must have been my fault for not expecting to be stabbed in the face by my best friend.

What other justifications do you have for doing dumb shit and wasting other people's time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    So I should be expecting and prepared for the event that one of my fellow guildmates, trusted ally, and relied upon teammate does something stupid, selfish, and inconsiderate or else I'm stupid?

That's some pretty idiotic logic right there.

You might as well tell me that if my best friend stabs me in the face with a pair of scissors then it must have been my fault for not expecting to be stabbed in the face by my best friend.

What other justifications do you have for doing dumb shit and wasting other people's time?
    More like...your best friend gives you a charlie horse because he's bored. Over-dramtization FTW.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    Oh sure it is all fun and games. Until it is done over 12 times in a row in ToC dropping into the water. Had people staying in the water waiting to kill people with water walk path of ice. Set up a lock portal they scream into vent we can't take a joke then proceed to blast an air horn. Yeah love spending five hours in a place wiping repeatedly because it is so much fun to kill people during boss fights. Replace people, replace some more, kill more people, lose people. Then destroy the raid with compressed air blast over vent.
    Or you tell people to look from above your char while falling so you fall into the water regardless of PoF/WW.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

More like...your best friend gives you a charlie horse because he's bored. Over-dramtization FTW.
    So what if it's a bit over-dramatic? It's for the purposes of illustrating a point.

You internet literalists are always eager to jump up someone's ass for refusing to be pedantic.

Use some sense and you might see the point I'm trying make:

Whether you get stabbed in the face, or you get a charliehorse, the fact is that it's not YOUR fault.

You jerks keep insisting that it's OK to be a jerk because I should have expected it from the start.

That's deeply flawed reasoning that stems from nothing other than a desire to justify being a tool.

Our ten man group runs two mages
    When we go to throne people are going to die

Sometimes if you time it right you can do it to people on the stairs in BOT too, so when the fire elementals explode they sail away into the lava

Of course doing it in PUGs is stupid, I think the people arguing against it are assuming the people arguing for it are talking about doing it with people you aren't familiar with which is obviously a better idea
    Actually I am also making an assumption, that they are not, but honestly if you're going to do it in PUGs I think you are pretty stupid
    Last edited by Imnick; 2011-03-21 at 05:08 PM.

I can't believe how serious some people in this thread are, so you get griefed a little it's not the end of the world

Deleted
    When I read this thread and all the advocates for slow falling i can only think of a RL scenario. Friends join to play a game of soccer. They are scattered around town but make time to join up and play. Game is about to start and one of them grabs the ball and punts it as hard as he can away from the field and then starts laughing at everyone's face.

Because they are friends the others laugh too, someone goes to pick the ball and the game starts. Ten minutes later the same guy randomly grabs the ball and punts it as hard as he can away from the field once more. Then he goes 'y so srs?' when people get annoyed.

I guess every group of friends has their member who has is childish/dubious humor/annoying. Age probably has something to do with it, without the easy insult of 'you're a kid' a few years difference do matter in things we used to find fun when younger and less so when we age.

my first page

those daggers are good for hunters too..atleast stats wise you should edit that. better than any other weapon for that slot. ive seen a bunch with the axe for some really weird reason.

Deleted
    So the joke really was on you, I guess. If they're doing it on trash, it's not progression. The only thing that counts as progression is an actual boss pull, but who the uses that during a boss pull?
    Having repeated downtime due to this IS slowing down progression. Aslong as it doesn't slow down progression a lot, I wouldn't mind, but if they keep getting healers/tanks killing during pulls and make us wipe, it'll get old really quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the days of people rezzing with 1hp on the ICC graveyard if they released before combat was over..... and i /typhoon them right off the cliff to their death again... sooooo much fun and sooo many angry ally whispers hahaha
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

Deleted
    Fun to do but if someone does this more than twice we replace them tough luck if we get a 1st time kill without you or you miss your loot