10+ Year Old Account
    You are a bit late to the bandwagon. It's already in every other Bioware hate thread that's popped up lately.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    EA busted doing Metacritic reviews
    *Bioware
    **A guy from Bioware

/shrug they are free to do this. People will decide to give games bad reviews when they haven't even played it. It is a violation of ethics but, needless to say, it's up to the person to pick through a number of USER reviews to get the whole story.

Dragon Age 2 wasn't a bad game, but it was certianly worthy of the "rent" title. I think most of the hate is coming from PC gamers frustrated that the one of the few and farbetween RPG's released was a subpar rush job coupled with EA doing some really messed up stuff with banning people access to online functions of the game.

An employee of Gamespot (or was it IGN?) was actually fired for giving an honest review, when it was supposed to be an ad-campaign. This isn't new in the industry.

Don't worry guys, moaradin will be here soon to clear everything up.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Don't worry. What needed to be said was already said on the first response.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty disgusting, and something I wasn't aware of since I don't really follow a ton of gaming news so thanks for sharing. Bioware and EA should be ashamed of themselves, way to ruin their own credibility and popularity by pulling stupid stunts like this. But at the same time, it doesn't at all surprise me either. I have felt for a long time that developers have basically been whoring out false reviews under fake identities for years and that they have been paying off review websites like IGN and Gamespot to give their games amazing reviews. Being a die hard gamer for over 20 years, I can safely say with beyond a doubt that some of the most highly rated games over the last decade have been absolute garbage in comparison to other games in the genre. I could not find one thing I really liked about the first Dragon Age game, and in general I don't really like Bioware's development and story telling styles. I knew EA were a bunch of cocky scumbags but this is really just taking it way too far and I hope they pay the price, someone needs to teach that money hungry corporation a thing or two about making good games and having proper business ethics, clearly they are incapable of doing either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This is pretty disgusting, and something I wasn't aware of since I don't really follow a ton of gaming news so thanks for sharing. Bioware and EA should be ashamed of themselves, way to ruin their own credibility and popularity by pulling stupid stunts like this. But at the same time, it doesn't at all surprise me either. I have felt for a long time that developers have basically been whoring out false reviews under fake identities for years and that they have been paying off review websites like IGN and Gamespot to give their games amazing reviews. Being a die hard gamer for over 20 years, I can safely say with beyond a doubt that some of the most highly rated games over the last decade have been absolute garbage in comparison to other games in the genre. I could not find one thing I really liked about the first Dragon Age game, and in general I don't really like Bioware's development and story telling styles. I knew EA were a bunch of cocky scumbags but this is really just taking it way too far and I hope they pay the price, someone needs to teach that money hungry corporation a thing or two about making good games and having proper business ethics, clearly they are incapable of doing either.
    Just curious since you thought DA was garbage, but what games have you taken a liking to?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    You are a bit late to the bandwagon. It's already in every other Bioware hate thread that's popped up lately.
    Eh, I got it as news from a gaming email newsletter this morning and haven't been following those threads lately. Besides, I think it deserves its own thread.

Metacritic is supposed to be about user-reviews. Using such a site and concealing your identity to advertise something is just lame. And in an industry like this where you're appealing to geeks it's just plain dumb; you will get found out and when you do, you'll be ostracised and criticised for doing it. They say there's no such thing as bad advertising, but I think this is a case where it has backfired and will create a lot of resentment amongst fans.

EA is quickly becoming the whipping dog of the industry. They seriously need to shape up, or they're going to be shipped out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    Eh, I got it as news from a gaming email newsletter this morning and haven't been following those threads lately. Besides, I think it deserves its own thread.

Metacritic is supposed to be about user-reviews. Using such a site and concealing your identity to advertise something is just lame. And in an industry like this where you're appealing to geeks it's just plain dumb; you will get found out and when you do, you'll be ostracised and criticised for doing it. They say there's no such thing as bad advertising, but I think this is a case where it has backfired and will create a lot of resentment amongst fans.

EA is quickly becoming the whipping dog of the industry. They seriously need to shape up, or they're going to be shipped out.
    Yeah, I know it looks like a stupid move in general. Personally, I could care less. I'm willing to bet every form if every entertainment out there does the same thing. It's humorous they got caught, but from what I understood, they had nothing to do with working on that game.

Perhaps they just really enjoyed the game and wanted to share. I've worked with companies before where I would definitely praise them to others, while not saying I worked there. I've also worked with companies I would never say a good word about. Lol.

I guess ita all personal opinion about what pisses someone off, but I think Ol' Blizz tooting the 12 million number is more of a bullshit move than this one though. I mean, when the company, NetEase, that runs the China WoW says they have 2.4 million, and Blizz says they have 5.5 million.... Yeah. Lol. But that's just my personal thing that I believe is highly crooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This is pretty disgusting, and something I wasn't aware of since I don't really follow a ton of gaming news so thanks for sharing. Bioware and EA should be ashamed of themselves, way to ruin their own credibility and popularity by pulling stupid stunts like this.
    I guess you don't play the fifa series?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)