Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sided with the mages...tho it was a hard choice, and gonna try to side with the templars when playing again, as a mage..

I sided with the Mages, Spared Anders, even got fenris to fight for the mages. Romanced Merril had some side action from isabella on the side.

The choice to spare anders, gave me pause the only other choice to give me pause was in ME 1 about sparing the council. I spared him in the end. I even let him stay with the party.

Thrask and Cullen were cool guys, Samson was a bit of a douche in the end. All that hype for fighting for mages untill turning them in gets him a meal ticket. Meredith was a bitch it was really easy to kill her.

When orison turned into The harvester (what they were called in the depths of orzamarr DLC in origins) I was like, dude you jackass way to contradict everything your fighting for. I wanted to switch sides to the templars at that point since the whole damn circle of magi was pretty much corrupted.

I don't know why but i was quite happy to kill the dalish, probably has to do with their better then you attitudes all game.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Played as male rogue(dual-wield), sided with mages. I'm quite proud for what Anders have done, I like when someone makes a pivotal decision that totally changes natural course of events.

Romanced Merrill ( so cute and adorable, total nom-noms), it's like the only choice. I mean, why would anyone choose an ugly pirate whore, who's only addition to party is vulgar jokes.

Planning a two-handed warrior for second play-through, I hope it's possible to play on hard without 1h+shield warrior, so the party could be: my warrior+Merrill+Varric+Anders.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2011-03-22 at 01:32 PM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Isabella changes a lot by the end of the game if you romance her.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Isabella changes a lot by the end of the game if you romance her.
    Not really, at least not in my case since i didn't romance her it was more a "sex buddies" kinda thing. I wouldn't really say she changed, since even at the start she very clearly isn't it for herself with her freeing the slaves.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

yea you gotta have her fall in love with you. Having sex with her isn't part of her romance.

yea you gotta have her fall in love with you. Having sex with her isn't part of her romance.
    I see, perhaps i'll do that on my mage who gets one-shot by every rogue with backstab (on nightmare) this play through.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    The choice to spare anders, gave me pause the only other choice to give me pause was in ME 1 about sparing the council.
    There were a lot of choices in this game that had me stop and stare at the screen for a good 2-3 minutes, wondering what I should do.

I wish I could have kept Fenris in my party; I really liked him. He annoyed me at first (maybe because he fought every decision I made, since I was helping the mages) but after the deal with Hadrianna, he comes to your mansion and says something like, "You and I may not always see eye to eye, but you do not deserve my anger." I realized what a neat character he was after that.

I assume you have to have a good friendship with him to get him to side with the mages though?

well if you are full friends with her, when give the book back or not. She comes back when you about to fight qunary leader and you have choice let them take her with them or duel for her. after if you help her deal with the dude that chaises her, she becomes something of a friend and offers you and Merrill to ship out to the sea with her. (you need to let the guy go, exchange for the ship, you have some sort of dirt on him.)
    Last edited by Gouky; 2011-03-21 at 08:31 PM.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished as male rogue, slept with isabella once, romanced merril, she moved in with me at my mansion.
    I sided with the mages, I felt like killing anders but I didn't becoz I wanted him to help me fix his mess.
    before that I watched as that bitch I saved in the cave full of apostate mages killed thrask while threatening my sister... on second playthrough I am going to slaughter that entire fucking cave and see if I can reach a peacefull ending, since I believe that is the reason why a templar-mage alliance wasn't possible :-S

15+ Year Old Account
    First playthrough:
    Male Mage. I romanced Merril and sided with the mages in the end.

I imported an Origins/awakening +most DLC save and the playthrough was pretty close to the perfectly good playthrough, with only a few sidequests being left out.

In DA:2 I tried to aim for a peace and avoided killing when possible, which sometimes led to sorrow (merrils mirror, the final sidequest with Thrusk)
    On the Qunari Arc I stuck with Isabela after she brought back the book (I abandoned her when I found out she had stolen it before) and had to kite the Arishok to death with my healing speced mage.

I sided with the mages in the end, since I already suspected the statue thing was bought by Meredith. But I told Anders to GTFO after he blew up the chapel.

My second playthrough was with a female rogue who was basically evil incarnate, killed everything on sight, lied whenever possible etc.

Currently on my third, on which I'm playing a male tank warrior who's basically the polar opposite.

PS: Am I the only one who suspected the High Mother to be the final evil?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fenris+ anders in the same group...my god it's difficult to make them both happy....i slept with Fenris then lied about it to anders lol

Oh yeh in end only bro templar guy left the party and everyone else didn't mind helping the mages so i think i did a pretty good job :P
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-03-21 at 09:08 PM.

a saved right before the final quest and saw both outcomes. my personal official cannon will be that hawke sided with the mages. it's a more interesting set up for the next game (though the basic outcome is the same - all the circles in thedas try to break free).

Deleted
    Being a Mage myself it was a obvious choice
    I sided with the mages and even let Anders live, allthough i did not agree with his actions.
    I romanced Isabella and have to say she changes alot if you romance her completely. Even gave me a big kiss before the battle against Orsino.

I managed to keep all my companions for which im happy, even Fenris decided to turn his back on Meredith and join me in the battle for the mages.
    Cant wait to get some DLC and follow my Hawke and the companions further on.

Oh yeah and I imported Origins/awakening from my own playthrough. Was great to see Alistair again, even as King he had not changed his down to earth nature.
    And must say it pleased me to see Leliana in the end aswell. I have high hopes for the future of this story.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Kesia;10817420]If you tell Isabella she has to give the idol back, she steals it while you're fighting in the warehouse and leaves your party for good. She does leave a note of apology though... lol.

Isabela comes back after that, when you confront the Qunari after they kill the Viscount. Although that might have been because of our relationship status.

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    Not really, at least not in my case since i didn't romance her it was more a "sex buddies" kinda thing. I wouldn't really say she changed, since even at the start she very clearly isn't it for herself with her freeing the slaves.
    I assume you did the threesome with Isabela and Zevran then? It was funny since I had Aveline with me and her comment was "I think I threw up a little." lol

Anyways, I sided with the Mages since my Hawke was a Mage. As much as I hated Anders' guts for blowing up the Chantry, I needed a healer so I spared him (and too bad, he was my 2nd fav companion next to Alistair). For the most part, when Meridith and Orsino were arguing, I kept on staying neutral with the "I don't know" choices since it was my idea of maintaining peace like how the Grand Cleric had to remain neutral (of course I knew that they were bound to fight sooner or later).

Speaking of Anders blowing up the Chantry, that was really messed up. I recall in Awakening, when you come across Wynne, Anders makes a comment about how, although he loathes being in the Circle, he also agrees that it's plain stupid for the Circle to break away from Chantry hold. So him blowing up the Chantry was completely unexpected. I blame Justice for that /QQ

Last question though, what happens if you decide to let Varric keep the piece of the lyrium idol?

Deleted
    Speaking of Anders, I really loved his funny comments in Awakening...seeing him as this whiney terrorist made me cry alittle inside...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Isabela comes back after that, when you confront the Qunari after they kill the Viscount. Although that might have been because of our relationship status.
    Yeah, it must have been your relationship... I didn't see her again after she stole the idol. I had 0 relationship with her though (I was a rogue so having her in my party was pretty much useless) so I wasn't terribly upset over it. I just wish I could have got the idol back for the Qunari and beat her ass for lying to me and stealing it... lol

2H Malehawke.

Turned Bethany into a Warden
    Isabela brought the book back.
    Sided with Merrill on the merits of the Eluvian, resulting in the Keeper's death.
    Beat the living piss out of Anders and killed him for what he did to the Chantry.
    Sided with the Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female all sarcastic rogue that romanced Merril. Sided with mages throughout and in the end. I killed Anders though.

Next playthrough will be an asshole Mage that hates mages (wants all power for himself kinda thing).