Looking to build a new computer

Hello everyone,

Been looking into some new computers this coming year and have been using a Macbook Pro to play WoW for the last 2 years. However this Pro is well over 5 years old and is showing its age where I cannot even run this game above low settings and when i get into a 25 man raid i run at 4 fps. Naturally I would like to get a new Macbook Pro. But I really dont want to pay for the brand and a quad core that i could easily build for under half the price of a Apple. So Naturally I would look towards a new desktop and keep the Pro as a work computer. I have been looking on newegg(.com) these last few days and noticed that they have several combo packs that I could get from them. The packs include case, motherboard, processor, graphics card, Harddrive, and usually 4 gigs of ram ( which I know isnt that hard to upgrade even more). I was wondering if anyone who reads all my rubbish and who hasn't already been turned off by me talking about Apple can give me some advice as to neweggs offer or maybe another site. I would prefer to keep it under 1200 dollars and would like to have other price options than just amazon on the front page.

PS - Was also looking into running it off Linux, and was curious as to that. (Otherwise i would just run Windows 7)

Thanks for any help from anyone. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Imoffline; 2011-03-21 at 06:41 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    microcenter.com

If you go to that website and check for their stores, and find one that is close to your house, go there. I can 99% guarantee you that you'll get your stuff cheaper than at Newegg. I got an i5-2500K CPU from them for $170.

Hope this helps save you a buck or two!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

And if you're into gaming at all, fuck the linux and just get the windows 7. No reason to make your every day life harder by using Linux.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... Linux isn't a very good gaming based operating system. OpenGL isn't a very efficient API in WoW and the DirectX functionality of wine is limited.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO