Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I originally was lead to believe the new gear in ZA and ZG was gonna be 359 gear, but since it's only gonna be 353 Blizzard does realize these new heroics are just gonna turn into a maelstrom crystal farm right?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevlon View Post
    I originally was lead to believe the new gear in ZA and ZG was gonna be 359 gear, but since it's only gonna be 353 Blizzard does realize these new heroics are just gonna turn into a maelstrom crystal farm right?...
    That has nothing to do with this thread, and on the PTR the 353 items are not disenchantable, so no, it won't be a maelstrom farm.

i hated that i had to spend like 1k glld at lv 60 just for my epic mount it was really a pain and it will not be missed

What I hated about classic WoW was that everything was just a giant pain in the ass to do. It wasn't fun for me, I did not feel more elite than I do today, it was not "rewarding," it was laborious. The game art also really, really sucked compared with today. I don't mean quality of graphics because obviously that evolves over time---its more like the inspirations that Blizzard was drawing on were very bland and not really up to the standards of a commercial video game. Its like everything had to be bright yellow or fluorescent red and devoid of any details.

I quit and did not consider coming back until the very end of Burning Crusade and years of "Vanilla WoW was AMAZING ...in hindsight" posts have ever made me regret it.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

I hated the state of PvP. Twoshots everywhere, SO MUCH SKILL!
    I hated having to carry 10+ people who had no business at all being there through 40 man raids and then watching them get geared up without there being the slightest improvement in their performances.

Sure we hated the trade spam for dungeon grps...but honestly the dungeon finder has taken away the need for the community to play together...kinda miss that.

-grinding gold to get that epic mount was the worst. although when i finally got it, i was extremely happy.

-resistance gear = needed certain amount of FR to raid in MC/BWL and when AQ came out you had to go back to maradon to get those lvl 40? nature resistance gears

-super long BG queue for alliance when it was instant for horde

those were my only complains really... i couldnt really think of anything else

OT: i liked this game for what it was when it first came out. this was my first mmo and the world itself was new so i was able to fit right in. With everyone complaining things in vanilla like running back from grave was too long, raiding 40 man was terrible, looking for people for dungeons was bad, etc, i just accepted them for what it was since that was part of the game, i had no complaint. it was just one of the things you had to get through.

raiding - i guess 40 man was pretty bad to gear up and such but if you were in my position back then (priest in 2nd best guild on the server) and actually put time into raiding and getting to know people. it was actually really fun. i was one of the first people to actually get benediction on my server and people i didnt even know used to know my name just because of my gear... (pretty creepy but cool at the same time) since getting gear was so hard at the time, even T1 got you respect

looking for group - if you didnt really know people on your server, i guess it would have been hard. but i always had friends online and guild mates willing to help (40 man raiding = shit ton of people in a guild). i actually got to know some good tanks on the server through just socializing in game which was big part of the game back then. you just had to know people and things would get done.

all in all, this game is still good in its current state. everything updated for the better. this is coming from a guy who used to raid UBRS when it was actually hard, but in my opinion vanilla was a bit more fun than what it is today.

I hated absolutely everything about Vanilla. Walk here, walk there, the fact that as a DK I wasnt created yet...

Quest items didnt glitter, elite mobs all over the place in single person quests. Killing ten thousand elites to get to the instance entrance. Ganked in BB, ganked in felwood, ganked in TM. Getting money for mount , a guildie lent me money for epic riding because he got tired of my slow pace... barrens chat, actually having to read quests, hmmmm.... jk about the quest reading. oh, lol wait theres more, carry mounts and such in your bags.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Spending over 800g (a fortune by today's standards, like 20k) just to get an epic mount for one character, which was a pain for any non-raider

*Having to RUN to each and every fuckin dungeon, just to have some asshole leave, forcing you to hearth to find another, then RUN all the way back again...

* Having to do 10 man raids of UBRS when no one had the patience to stay through it, just to get one simple fucking shield (Draconic Deflector) to be viable as a raid offtank.

*Having to run everywhere until 40

*Having quests that you turn in halfway across the world, or on the opposite continent, just to turn in and run all the way back for the next part of the chain

*Having no money to really buy anything of value on the AH (prices are higher now, but the income is higher than AH prices)

I could go on, but this list would never end.

Even though these factors were a pain, i still love Vanilla, it was a new experience, and ffs PvP wasnt so damn one sided (lolz, people in resil are really skillz against ppl who dont have it) plus, everyone had the chance to become a grand marshal/Warbringer, they just needed the dedication to get on all the time.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    So you say elemental mastery + natures swiftness together with frostshock kiting wasn't viable? :P
    Yes, because you couldn't have elemental mastery and nature's swiftness at the same time... You had 51 talent points at level 60, getting ele mastery required 31 points, and getting NS required 21 points... 21 + 31 = 52.
    You had to decide whether you wanted an instant spell, or a critical lightning bolt.

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    *Spending over 800g (a fortune by today's standards, like 20k) just to get an epic mount for one character, which was a pain for any non-raider

*Having to RUN to each and every fuckin dungeon, just to have some asshole leave, forcing you to hearth to find another, then RUN all the way back again...

* Having to do 10 man raids of UBRS when no one had the patience to stay through it, just to get one simple fucking shield (Draconic Deflector) to be viable as a raid offtank.

*Having to run everywhere until 40

*Having quests that you turn in halfway across the world, or on the opposite continent, just to turn in and run all the way back for the next part of the chain

*Having no money to really buy anything of value on the AH (prices are higher now, but the income is higher than AH prices)

I could go on, but this list would never end.

Even though these factors were a pain, i still love Vanilla, it was a new experience, and ffs PvP wasnt so damn one sided (lolz, people in resil are really skillz against ppl who dont have it) plus, everyone had the chance to become a grand marshal/Warbringer, they just needed the dedication to get on all the time.
    Grand Marshal/High Warlord, not Warbringer. And dedication? More like nothing else to do, whatsoever.... If you didn't pvp constantly, you'd downrank.... That was bad...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

am i the only one that misses the OG hunter's mark :'(

The game was so much more fun when i didnt know what was going on and i was a hunter staying in cheetah
    just because it made me move faster.
    I kept questioning why i would get dazed
    Even opened a ticket for it
    Good Times.