Dispel change- 4.1 (i dont understand)

•Dispel Magic can only be used on the casting priest as a baseline effect.
    Can anyone explain to me what this means? I dont understand as english is not my native language and im new to priest (lv62gnome priest atm)
    Originally Posted by Archer
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropos View Post
    •Dispel Magic can only be used on the casting priest as a baseline effect.
    Can anyone explain to me what this means? I dont understand as english is not my native language and im new to priest (lv62gnome priest atm)
    It means that only the Priest can dispel his/her Magical debuffs, or dispelling mobs/other players (opposite of what you are) engaged in PvP.
    But Holy and Disc get a new passive from choosing the respectively talent trees, making it possible to dispel 2 magical debuffs from players in your own group. (And of course Friendly targets)
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2011-03-21 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Added the last bit.

Wait. So as shadowpriest i wont be able to dispell like mage shield etc? :[ If this is the case, im sad.
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

You can't dispel your teammates, but you can still purge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropos View Post
    Wait. So as shadowpriest i wont be able to dispell like mage shield etc? :[ If this is the case, im sad.
    You can. However, you cannot remove for example, the Deep Freeze effect on a party member. In order to do so, you need to be Disc / Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinwtf View Post
    You can't dispel your teammates, but you can still purge.
    More or less this.

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    You can dispel the opponent's buffs (mage shield, PW:S)
    You can dispel your own debuff
    You can't dispel your team mate's debuffs
    And this.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2011-03-21 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Added the 2 last quote.

You can dispel the opponent's buffs (mage shield, PW:S)
    You can dispel your own debuff
    You can't dispel your team mate's debuffs

Thanks god I dont wanna dispell my teammates anyway, im a shadowpriest... I AINT GOT NO TEAMMATES! hurr hurr

Deleted
    on a boss like argaloth, this means that all healers should be able to dispel magic.
    shadowpriests can no longer dispel instead of those lazy druids that did not invest this one talent point properly :>

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They still can MassDispel their group (which can easily be glyphed, as there's practically no other viable choice)

maybe I still need my coffee - so does this mean the only dispel a spriest will have is mass dispel for their friends? Regular dispel will be for me only?

I don't PVP, but I pug a lot and let's just say I have to dispel more that I should. lol. Been thanked for it many times. Hate to loose that capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliala View Post
    maybe I still need my coffee - so does this mean the only dispel a spriest will have is mass dispel for their friends? Regular dispel will be for me only?

I don't PVP, but I pug a lot and let's just say I have to dispel more that I should. lol. Been thanked for it many times. Hate to loose that capability.
    That is correct. The only way for you, as a Spriest, to dispel your friends is via Mass Dispel. They have basically made any Dispel Magic abilities the "job" of the healers.

damnitall...lol Back on Rotface we always used a DPS to dispel so that the healers didn't lose the GCD. I guess we can't do that anymore (i.e. Argaloth).