Magmaw 10 HC recently

Hi,
    Basically 2 questions regarding this fight (with the recent changes in mind):

1) Is it true the constructs only have abound 1.2 mil hp now?
    Can you apply the strategy with raid in melee and 1 hunter + possibly the offtank at range to trigger the parasite pillar and the construct pillar?
    Do you think the prot warrior OT can tank both the construct and the parasites? (see next quesiton as to why)

2) What is the easiest way to accomplish this without a frost DK or a capable mage :/... the setup is (prot pala, prot warr) (priest, pala, shaman) (mage, lock, hunter, shaman, rogue)

thx

Deleted
    we do it with mage and demo lock on the parasites, though a mage could solo them I guess. Huntard, moonking and ret pally on the big dudes, with moonkin and ret pally jumping. So pretty much the same for you really. - rogue shammy hunter on big guys, mage and lock on parasites.

Not sure if you can all sit in melee tbh, afaik the constructs can still spawn there.

# Magmaw overall damage and health was a little too high on all difficulties and has been reduced slightly. In addition, on Heroic difficulty, Nefarian will now prefer ranged targets when spawning Blazing Bone Constructs.

I was refering to the bolded part, supposedly this is hotfixed on live already?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joikie View Post
    # Magmaw overall damage and health was a little too high on all difficulties and has been reduced slightly. In addition, on Heroic difficulty, Nefarian will now prefer ranged targets when spawning Blazing Bone Constructs.

I was refering to the bolded part, supposedly this is hotfixed on live already?

The part you bolded has to do with the Nefarian encounter, not Magmaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorance View Post
    WTf are you talking about? Nefarian is in the HM Magmaw encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorance View Post
    Nope, that's from Magmaw. Blazing Bone Constructs are the big adds on heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    WTf are you talking about? Nefarian is in the HM Magmaw encounter.
    He was readin the quote. Admittedly he probably hasn't seen Nef pop up.

Like PP popping up in heroic mode in ICC.
    Last edited by Warhunt; 2011-03-21 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhunt View Post
    He was readin the quote. Admittedly he probably hasn't seen Nef pop up.

Like PP popping up in heroic mode in ICC.
    I suggest you check out my strategy guide before you start blabbing about stuff you obviously have no idea of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE3IskXLPRc

Quote Originally Posted by Warhunt View Post
    He was readin the quote.
    Do the encounter before you make stupid comments.

Nefarian is present in EVERY encounter in BWD on heroic difficulty. He is the reason the bone constructs spawn.

Nice edit after you realised you were completely wrong though!

1) If you have 3 people standing at range, you can have the rest of the raid standing in melee without Pillars / Blazing Bone Contructs spawning there.
    2) Would likely do the same as Oggy if we didn't have a frost DK.

Ignorance, hehe indeed...

Anyway, my question still stands: 1) can you do the fight now with the raid stacked on melee and 2) in lack of a frost DK or a mage that is not so good at soloing the parasites, how do people handle them?

I'm asking for opinions from people who killed it this reset (with the hotfixes) since I cannot try it anymore this week (killed it on normal).

---------- Post added 2011-03-21 at 02:18 PM ----------

Just saw your reply Ashvael... why 3 people at range? Can't it just be the hunter (he dodges both) and the prot warrior taunts the construct and brings it in melee to be killed?

This fight is a joke after the nerf, or at least, it felt like it. We only used 7 tries to kill magmaw on heroic 10, and we hadn't attempted him before. Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ih3fwismyokcgqat/

We basically went with the well known strat of starting at one side of the room, wait for construct + parasites to spawn, and then slowly kite to the other site of the room as you aoe nuke the parasites + construct down. We had all our 3 ranged dps aoenuking parasites while cleaving construct, and our 2 melee dps single targetting the constructs down. They always died at roughly the same time. Rinse and repeat when you reach the other side, just turn around. Healing felt like it was too easy, our dps was definitely good enough never having issues with constructs not dying fast enough. Phase 2 also felt like a joke from what I've heard before.

Sadly I cannot confirm what you are asking, the stacking in melee range, as we killed him the 'proper' way, not really implying melee stacking is improper, but called it that due to lack of better description. But I can promise that stacking in melee didn't seem necessary at all.

You can see our group composition in the logs kill.

We didn't even realize the encounter had been nerfed until way after, so take this post with a grain of salt.

The wording in the patchnotes suggest that melee spawns do happen, they're just less likely. I'd recommend the OP to try the melee stacking if it feels like a tactic better suited for your raidgroup, but there shouldn't really be any need for it.

1) 1,41 mil hp is shown on kill videos from the 16th and later. About the rest, I suggest to simply try and find it out for yourselves. Or watch movies of recent kills.
    2) What stops the hunter from taking care of the adds on his own? Granted, I haven't done the HM on my hunter alt, but on normal I have no problems kiting them around. The warlock and mage can assist with AoE in order to get them all down before exposed phase.

Regarding actually tanking the worms, I'm not sure of the benefits from this, seeing as if they're kited they'll do no damage. I also assume they still jump up on people, though I haven't seen this in a very long time so might be wrong.

We used the same tactic this reset as we did before, see sig for link to our firstkill movie (rather sloppy execution but in case you need advice on how to deal with this encounter, just replace our frost DK with a surv hunter and you'll be more than fine).

The fight is indeed really easy now after the nerf. Took only a few attempts for us to score a kill. We used a mage to kite the adds and had some help by our warlock with AoE when needed.

Thanks for the replies.
    The reason I was asking in the first place was because we are used to the raid being on melee from normal version, and having people hop from one spot to another might have its own learning curve.
    Having the parasites tanked by a prot warrior (myself) is no problem on normal (cleave tanking and healing with Victory Rush is very valid), yes I do get parasites on me but that's ok, was just wondering how difficult it may be on HC by also taking the big add.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Do the encounter before you make stupid comments.

Nefarian is present in EVERY encounter in BWD on heroic difficulty. He is the reason the bone constructs spawn.

Nice edit after you realised you were completely wrong though!
    i rectified my mistake seconds after posting it myself.

As I changed in my post Nef does spawn them, however I originally thought the OP had quoted just Nef changes, from the Nef fight. I literally read Nefarion now, and moved on. My fault for not reading.

---------- Post added 2011-03-21 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    I suggest you check out my strategy guide before you start blabbing about stuff you obviously have no idea of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE3IskXLPRc
    Suggest you re-read things before blabbing off full stop....
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-03-21 at 03:00 PM.

After the nerf this fight has become a joke.
    Our guild had been wiping on this in 10man for about 2 nights already and the furthest we had ever gotten him was to 60%.
    After the nerf we literally killed it within 2 tries... It's more of a halfus heroic level now sadly

Btw we have our hunter do the parasites together with a mage.
    The hunter mostly leaves the parasites and dpses the bone construct when the parasites are at 50% hp or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Joikie View Post
    Just saw your reply Ashvael... why 3 people at range? Can't it just be the hunter (he dodges both) and the prot warrior taunts the construct and brings it in melee to be killed?
    3 people because it's the minimum for the stuff to always spawn out of melee range. We've tried it with our kiter and off-tank out of melee range and still had the blazing bone constructs spawn in melee range. With 3 people (placed hunter out of melee range since he had issues with the hitbox of the exposed head anyways) they always spawned at range.

It used to be like this with some other abilities as well in the past as well, so it wasn't a big surprise anway.