Total War 2: Shogun

Anyone else playing this? I just bought this over the weekend(instead of DA2) but only got around to the tutorial more or less and a bit of the campaign since it seems to have a high learning curve. I started one battle in a campaign but cut out short since something in RL came up. Its getting rave reviews but from what i've been playing so far it seems extremely tedious, and even setting my troops in a skirmish seems to take forever even with the fast forward option. The cut scenes seem very generic thus far, options between building things from the land you conquer or have seems a lot like Civilization, and the special units like monks or ninja seem pretty neat with what they can do, on top of it theres diplomacy, but man its almost too much stuff to account for being new to it where i feel a bit overwhelmed. I've only sunk in about an hour or two so far so i can't really say much more....anyone else got anything to say?

Might not be your kind of game simply. Tactical battles is generally what attracts people to Total War games. Positioning units, executing maneuvers, this kind of stuff. The way I see it, strategic campaign is just icing.