Deleted

Arms PVP Expertise cap

Hi,

as the title says, i play an arms warrior for pvp, and i was wondering if reaching the expertise cap (only for lv85 obviously) was useful.

I'm hitcapped (5%) and have almost every vicious pieces, apart from trinkets, chest and legs, but it seems that even in full vicious, the pure exp value on the equip can't reach the cap.

I mean, to reach it i have to reforge some mastery and some haste (wich i previously reforged into crit).

Is it worth to cap? Is expertise completely useless in pvp? Better to have only a specific X value?

Deleted
    Well, the cap is for lvl 85 npcs since lvl 85 players have different avoid-stats. A priest wont have as much dodge as a rogue or a warrior.

Waste of time. Players will have wildly different dodge and parry values depending on class and spec. Also, like the poster above me said, Overpower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SharQueDo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redmund View Post
    Waste of time. Players will have wildly different dodge and parry values depending on class and spec. Also, like the poster above me said, Overpower.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=56638

I use overpower when it procs by rend, which must be applied to my target and refreshed as part of my rotation, so i didn't even thought to it.

Anyway, i'm not trying to completely bypass the dodge of a rogue/druid, i was asking if there is a cap/softcap to avoid the base dodge/parry that lv85 players have.

Thought that "lv 85" dodge/parry % in the tooltip of expertise was working for players too. If it's not, there's not much left to say <.<
    Last edited by mmoc4fd0b8c673; 2011-03-21 at 04:14 PM.

Varies too much since strength gives a "respectable" amount of parry rating to str-based classes now, and I assume that the same can be said for agi-based classes.

Personally I have about 10% parry from strength alone, which makes eliminating parry through expertise a poor idea for the most part.

I'd recommend taking any static expertise you can get from your gear after reforging and be happy with it. If you can match a racial bonus to your 2H weapon more power to ya.