Poll: Your partners relationship with WoW?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    My boyfriend recently decided to take a break from WoW, but back in WotLK, we would raid together and we were in the same guild. He looks at my screen every now and then, though, particularly when I'm raiding.

I'm not so sure if I could be in a relationship with a boyfriend who doesn't like WoW, as I'm sort of .. playing quite a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen View Post
    Mine gets mad any time I play... she goes upstairs and watches tv for a little while, then about an hour later comes down looking all pissed and says she's going to bed... then i start to wonder why i'm marrying her... a couple hours later, i go upstairs to go to bed, try to be quiet, and end up waking her up... she sees the clock, gets pissed again, and holds it against me for the next 24 hours... all the while, i wonder why i'm marrying her...

someone please tell me why i'm marrying her?
    That's a good damn question... one that I think you should consider rephrasing...

Mine got me into WoW twice.. Played a Shaman as my first toon on her account, and then leveled a few toons on another I bought. Later, after I quit EvE, we decided to redo RaF as a Healer+Tank pair...

Ever since, she's been my healer taking care of me... while I protect her from damage...

my gf just hates. says i play too much. i raid 8 hours a week and get 1 rheroic in a day basically. oh! and 5 arena games in a week.

My wife knows i play it ive tried countless times to just give her one of my 80s in WoTLK and she turned it down so she does homework and i sit at my computer raiding or ganking people in TB. At first tho she hated the game she always saying im ignoring her but even if your married you cant spend all day around a person with out getting bored so she has gotten use to me playing with her in the room and just accepts it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My partner knows I play WoW....

Who am I kidding, I don't have a partner.

But I tell ALL of my friends and everyone I meet I play WoW if they ask. Its no secret.
    "No we. No one tells me what to do. I've got everything I need from you -- now the power is mine and mine alone. Now there is only I. I am the Lich King. And I am ready."

15+ Year Old Account
    My girl had never heard of it before, having only played console games in the past. But I introduced her to WoW after she had watched for a couple hours one night when we were raiding. Since then she has rolled a couple of characters and has leveled one up to 85 and is gearing her for raiding now. While leveling she enjoyed the dungeons the most for the 'teamwork and challenge' (her words) so it should be interesting to see how she does in raids.

Also, she is surprisingly bloodthirsty in BGs. It was a very pleasant surprise though. >

I saw the light but the Light was a lie.

I remember having to run to the a shower during a Pug raid in wotlk so I made my gf play. I told her to hit numbers and stay out of shit. By the time i got out she showed me what she did (which at the time was not half bad dps) She told me she had no clue what was going on. I though this was sign that i could get her to play but sadly NO! she still tease me on playing wow and even her brothers make comments until I had to body slam one of them . If i ever get into another relationship which I dont ever plan to! I will make sure to snatch me a gamer chick.

My guild master and my grp leader both play with their wives so it not impossible.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn between she acknowledges it and she hates it. My girlfriend isn't a fan. She makes fun, but mostly she just says "you play too much" or that she doesn't like or hates it, depending on the day.

I got her to roll a Human Paladin, she made it to level 21 with RaF help, but ragequit after trying to tank her first instance, heh. I told her tanking wasn't a good idea =/

It would be nice to be with a female who understood.
    Last edited by Valore; 2011-03-24 at 12:09 AM.
    Valore - 85 Paladin - Bonechewer
    Spirik - 85 Shaman - Bonechewer

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My wife was fully aware i was addicted to WoW when we started going out, now married 5 years and she has learnt to accept it is just part of me

So my gf and I have played since vanilla. She is really pro in pve. Great healer. And Im good in pvp. But I would like her to play pvp but we allways argue and have large scale fights when we pvp together. Usualy because she claims everything is my fault, she did everything right and I obviously had like 100 other possibilities to save her. Needless to say, only thing we do together is pve.

Anybody with a pvp gf thats into swinging?

10+ Year Old Account
    off topic: i dont have a girlfriend >.< (i do play wow so no suprise there XD) but it was actually my mom who got me into wow, and we have gone together to all the midnight releases and shit (she has always been a big mmo player, played AO before wow, was in some high end guild or some shit) so i have always grown up with video games >.< btw she is also my guild leader atm -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Thomalk View Post
    off topic: i dont have a girlfriend >.< (i do play wow so no suprise there XD) but it was actually my mom who got me into wow, and we have gone together to all the midnight releases and shit (she has always been a big mmo player, played AO before wow, was in some high end guild or some shit) so i have always grown up with video games >.< btw she is also my guild leader atm -_-
    Personally, I would hate that, I would not have my mum as a guild leader, she'd be like 'DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON RAIDS!'

Deleted
    I kind didnt tell about it in the first months of the relationship, not keeping a secret, but just didnt come up. Since we moved in, she kinda accepts me playing games, though definatly dosnt like it. She hates games and occasionally gets pissed @ me cuz im not in bed, but @ the computer.
    Last edited by mmoc12fd2e0285; 2011-03-24 at 12:52 AM.

Deleted
    Man, I'd hate to be with a ball-breaking gf over gaming. No offence to the guys that do, I admire the mental strength.

I met my partner in-game and we're moving in together in the summer, so she's a nerd, I'm a nerd, all is good in the World.

Deleted
    Shameless bump for more stories

My girl doesn't play and I thank the lords for that every night. I just don't think that doing everything with your partner turns out good in the end. I think that everyone needs their time for their own, and WoW is my thing.

Well I met my wife in an AQ20 pug 5 years ago, she plays more than I do.
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Raider of Logic Tarren Mill EU