Question regarding links for in game content.

I have emailed a moderator but haven't received a response and dont want to break a rule by accident. I was wondering if I have a wow video I want to post here if it is on the front page of my guild site can I post the guild site or does the link have to be from a youtube or warcraftmovies? Thanks for the help.

Pretty sure you can link to whatever you want, within reason of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fine to link to the guild site as long as you're not trying to use it to get around our advertising policy, but you'll probably get a better reaction if you're linking to a site people know. With links to other domains, you always have the skeptical faction who will claim keyloggers and so on.

Sunshine can I link our guilds site and you can let me know if any issue with it? You are a moderator here correct?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, and administrator.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think in this case we're going to say no to both the site link and the video, since the purpose is mainly to advertise the site.

Its to promote the guild. I understand though so i will just post youtube links then. We are not selling anything.

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 02:02 AM ----------

There is not an issue posting a youtube link with those vids is there? The vids are game related they dont talk about a product or anything.

First, you're selling something, ads.

Second, you're not promoting the guild, mostly the recruitment tool.

Third, if you come to my forums with "hey I have some cool content and want to share it with the community", it's very nice. However, if your plan is to argue for hours and try to figure out a sneaky way to advertise something, you might want to reconsider.

Thread locked because I don't feel like bumping it on the front page again, send me a PM if you want to discuss the issue further.