Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

First death to Rocket Fuel leak

My fellow engineers, I finally had my first death to a Rocket Fuel Leak from my nitro boosters. I was in AV and the things backfired. I also had them backfire on me in an AB I was in. First time I've ever gotten the rocket fuel leak misfire. Here I had thought I had read that particular misfire was removed from the game, too.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

how did you die? You get a free parachute when falling down!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armengar View Post
    Rocket fuel leak is and damage over time affect, you don't get shot into the air like the common malfunction

Quote Originally Posted by Armengar View Post
    it's a dot that does like 12% of your dmg per 1sec over 10sec.. something along those lines

and sofar <3 not a single malfunction like that.. though I've been killed plenty of times with other malfunction.

I had to get rid of that tinker it happened so often
    Night Elf till I die
    Everything else is second best

It used to happen to me all the time in BGs... In the end I just stopped using it:P

i like it always on the edge of my seat when i use nitro boosts

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had that leak happen to me more in the last two days than I previously had in the last few months. Either it has a greater chance of happening in PvP, or the failure chance for that was drastically increased.

Also, @Armengar, the Rocket Fuel Leak is a different misfire than the one that rockets you up in the air. Rocket Fuel Leak causes you to burn for 15% of your health every second for 8 seconds or so, or 120% of your health. If you don't have any way to clear it or heal past the damage, it kills you.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i saw many people who died while we progressed an encounter and wiped us with that

I've only had the fuel leak once, air-launch twice.. Annoyingly I get the boosts most, when I like to get launched into the air, parachute and Bladestorm. :3

The fuel leak only happens in PvP afaik.

In PvE you get the explosion (and most of the time a parachute)

Had my nitro boosts backfire so much even in raids, its dumb.
    Parachute rarely came out.

Deleted
    i never use nitro boost in raids.. only in bgs too big risk to take

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    The fuel leak only happens in PvP afaik.

In PvE you get the explosion (and most of the time a parachute)
    lol how do you know that.. i think it's complently random..and how the nitro boost knows that you're in a raid or not.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Polltergeist View Post
    lol how do you know that.. i think it's complently random..and how the nitro boost knows that you're in a raid or not.. ?
    Whether or not it actually happens in PvE aside, it's all done server-side...I hope the server knows whether you're in a raid or not. (Hint: it does)

I like how Blizzard made that completely unreliable and thusly not useful for raiding. Good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrok View Post
    I like how Blizzard made that completely unreliable and thusly not useful for raiding. Good design.
    Don't forget how all the decent things produced require engineering and thus can't reliably be sold (mount, guns/xbows that will be obsolete in a patch and gun enchant not included).

Rocket fuel leak ONLY happens in battlegrounds. Nowhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Polltergeist View Post
    It knows whether you're in a bg or not. Rocket fuel leak happens in bgs, the explosion is anywhere else you're allowed to use it. I stopped using my rocket boots before cata even came out because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I've had that leak happen to me more in the last two days than I previously had in the last few months. Either it has a greater chance of happening in PvP, or the failure chance for that was drastically increased.

Also, @Armengar, the Rocket Fuel Leak is a different misfire than the one that rockets you up in the air. Rocket Fuel Leak causes you to burn for 15% of your health every second for 8 seconds or so, or 120% of your health. If you don't have any way to clear it or heal past the damage, it kills you.
    The damage is migitated by resilience, that means you do BGs without PvP-gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.