Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    I'd much rather be abused by a group of 3 then have a 2 hour kick time on a total retard who wants to farm purples off trash that don't drop in the beginning of the dungeon.

Also anymore if I queue as a random I turn off my party chat so I can ignore them completely.
    Doesn't seem like a good idea to ignore party chat imo. If you were in my group and didn't reply to anything I might ask you, I'd vote to kick you. Cause the chances are that you will screw up whatever strat I wanna use, or you fail to CC, maybe cause I use another mark than what you're used to. Or I tell you to be ready to pop CD's, cause I'm gonna pull a larger mob etc.

Fail to communicate in any way is grounds to kicking in my book.......

Lets just be perfectly clear, the only real issue with the dungeon finder like everything else in the game is the fucking awful community. This game just attracts a lot of angry people that act however they want on the internet, and a lot of these players seem to get some impression that they're fucking awesome because their guildies and friends said they're fucking awesome even though reality is in some cases that you yourself rank among the top 10% of players in this game (gear, achievements, experience, skillwize) while the idiots in your random group are often bottom of the barrel noobs that truly suck at this game.

Just to be clear I am not an elitist, I believe this game is incredibly easy in most respects, the problem is only that people don't take the time to research anything out and actually learn mechanics and they do not know how to cooperate with other players, much less not players who they can clearly see are better than they are.

Getting to the point, you can't have a system where there is free reign to vote out whoever for whatever reason because it will be a system dominated by the kind of players I described, the very bad, very angry and very vocal majority who will kick you out of the group just out of spite when all you're doing is trying to help them get through the content without wiping to stupid shit, and maybe even trying to help them be a better player.

That said, you should be able to vote out at least one person in every single dungeon run. They need to either remove the penalty for often kicking people, or only allow it to apply to votes that you initiated in addition to making this a cumulative penalty that is not in effect until you have reached a certain amount of votes in a short period of time.

It would also help if after you have removed someone from the group, the cooldown to vote someone out is reset after a player has remained inactive in that dungeon for some time, maybe 5 minutes.

People are bigger assholes in WoW than any other game I've ever played in my life. Which includes FPS games, where people seem to be relatively relaxed and enjoyable.

I think it is the stress of time consumption and the grind to get PVP / PVE gear that makes people have no patience or respect for each other. You kick one jerk and you're bound to get a second jerk come in. I usually tank and I just try to make people not rage on each other, makes me feel like a babysitter and by the end of the run I am usually GLAD it is over and log out.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, it isnt fair, at the start of cata when alot of people still had t10/few dungeon green/blues i was grouped up with a pally who had t10, i had 4/5 t10 too, and the only words that were spoken was "omfg, ghetto gear" the i was kicked... for no good reason, so do you wish to call it fair? or unfair? up to you

Quote Originally Posted by Moolife View Post
    Cause they like you? Give candy to all the tanks and healers you know, they will que with you then ^^!

/Candy loving tank
    I have no problems with it being in a guild, but this thread is about PuGs I believe. Back when wotlk started and when I was guildless I actually made a lot of friends with random tanks and healers to do dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    There already was a tank/healer shortage before the LFD on trade/lfg channels.
    I remember people posting/complaining about tank and healer shortages on forums before the LFD.
    So yeah....
    So yeah you repeated what I said basically. My point was that the shortage only grew bigger due to LFD if you didn't catched it. That's why a suggestion to form a group now in an old way via lfg channel is pretty stupid now.
    Last edited by Zauber; 2011-03-22 at 07:44 PM.

Some tank wanted to kick me from the group because I took one tick of damage from fire in Stonecore, and did therefore, to the best of his knowledge, 'not kno tacs noob dk'.

Firstly I'm a warrior, not a DK, lol.
    Secondly, he nearly actually got me kicked.
    Thirdly I put up with him wiping us on Ozruk over and over again and he throws a fit when we tell him to leave for being an elitist (went on and on to me about a lack of tactics despite not knowing them correctly himself.)

Eventually we did manage to kick him. First time I've ever had to kick someone. The verdict on this one is hard to say.
    One one hand it's great people getting rid of noobs. On the other hand it's a way for noobs to get rid of great people too.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthos View Post
    I think the debuff feature for leaving a dungeon should only be counted if you leave a full group. If there are already people missing from that group (either because they were kicked or left on their own) then you should have the ability to abandon that dungeon as well without getting a debuff. Hate when a group falls apart but you and one other person are left in the dungeon and you still get a debuff if you leave the dungeon.
    What they should do is have a new additional vote called "Vote to Disband"... if everyone in the group (that are online) votes yes, the entire group disbands and no one gets a deserter debuff. So if you get into one of those bad situations where one or two people purposefully DC to avoid a dungeon or your tank ragequits because the healer is crappy, there's a way for everyone to agree to leave without a debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't ran a heroic let alone attempted to pug one in 2 months now... this is the main reason. i'm a dps but I always get stuck with other dps who are pulling sub 10k numbers(i was doing that in TOC gear at 80), tanks that can't hold aggro on more than two mobs/elitist tanks who break my sap or bitch about the target I sapped, or healers who either oom in 10 seconds... haven't had an elitist healer really unless the tank is so squishy he might complain a lil bit...

let's face it, LFD has ruined the community of the game. You get stuck with either a bunch of bad players or jerks. I miss the LFG system that was in TBC. You could see who was LFG and could choose who you wanted to take. So what if the bad players would sit in que longer because people on the server knew who they were, people got along a lot better with random pugs in general back then.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    The system is fair, the people who use it often aren't, that can't be fixed, no matter how heavy the penatilies are for kicking players.
    dunno if i understood i right, but do you say that the durrent system is FAIR?!
    and that those who use it often arent?!

that is soooooooo wrong.
    it differs to people who they get in randoms.
    som people get alot of good player and never have to use it , while others get crappy tards who think DKs should still tank in frost presence.

so when i want to kick this idiot while in a dungeon with my friends, which can be up to 4, we cant kick those retards when they're slowing if not wiping us.

this results in us either being douches and/or afk'ing to make the other leave so we can continue.
    why do we have to be punished because we want to raid in a guild and do randoms at the same time?

crappy system......
    you should be able to chose in the lfd if you want to be grouped with guildies or not, thus taking or leaving the risk of guild groups griefing.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Of course it's unfair, it's completely broken in fact, just because Blizzard doesn't trust their players to use something without massive limitations. Obviously, the only fair and working system would be a complete removal of limits on the kick, since that would be democratic, 3 people voting to kick someone should be able to since they are the majority.

Unfortunately, bad players can't stand being kicked, so kicks has to be limited ad absurdum.
    /Agreed. But really i dont blame them for not trusting us players.. We arent exactly nice, generally speaking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    Ok.. this is what happend... i que for a random heroic.. Wich took about 20min to pop... i get in there.. the healer was in about 3 blues on.. rest a green.. idk how he got to que.. and ooms straight away.. and couldnt keep us alive... sooo.. we kicked him.. then.. we got a healer that is in about 4 blues.. rest greens.. and all he did is type "f u guys u suck" etc.. doesnt heal.. he zones out while we are wanting to get on with our random heroic.. and he just begins to be a dick in chat.. we cant even kick him because we kicked the other healer... and we didnt even do anything wrong..

Is any1 else having this problem?
    Overal it is alright, imo.
    However the problem you stated should really be changed.
    Why is one kick per run reasonable. Okay, if less then 1/6th player would be bad, alright...
    But this isnt the deal. So why should you be stuck and wasting your time because more then 1/6th player is bad. ITs all about luck which it shoudlnt be.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Because whining about it on unofficial forums is sooo productive and it will change everything.

Instead of crying do what smart people do and form your own group. Getting so sick of these threads.
    So... don't read them?
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Me again, got kicked from a group today, healer left because DPS was horrible, then the said DPS kicked me, the tank, because I let them die to the boss they pulled without the healer.
    tl;dr I requeue'd a minute later with my instaqueue, and they had to requeue with DPS queue, halfway through Deadmines, makes sense right?