Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Ganking Mini Towns

Why did Blizz want people to stop ganking questing towns? Was it really necessary to put in lvl 85 elite guards?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorgenMage View Post
    Why did Blizz want people to stop ganking questing towns? Was it really necessary to put in lvl 85 elite guards?
    You could try a more obvious question, like, should I take my trousers off before going to the toilet? You want to kill lowbies, go find someone, don't ruin the game for them by taking it out on their questgivers.

Because nobody likes a griefer. If you want to gank people, do it out in the field where they can't run to a town. Those quest hubs should be a safe place for players to AFK if need be.

Heck, if you really feel the need to make someone's experience miserable, kill them out in the field and corpse camp. Do it near a neutral graveyard, too.

I flew over Hammerfall in Arathi Highlands two days ago and noticed the Elite. If they didn't want us killing quest givers, why not make them un-attackable for opposing factions? I guess it's probably only, "fair" to have a near-by quest hub as a safer haven than the open questing area. A hub is the only place someone may have a harder time camping a low-level.

Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    You could try a more obvious question, like, should I take my trousers off before going to the toilet? You want to kill lowbies, go find someone, don't ruin the game for them by taking it out on their questgivers.
    So in World of Warcraft I can't kill quest givers because that ruins the game?

Exactly.

I see you're trying to set up the World of Warcraft argument. Would you like some help with that?

Deleted
    Yeah pretty much but if you want to be a man then go and kill those 85's like the hardass you so desperatly want to be

>~_~> No need to post like that... ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2011-04-02 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoc23 View Post
    Yeah pretty much but if you want to be a man then go and kill those 85's like the hardass you so desperatly want to be
    The paradox in all of this is if he were to go kill those 85's, he'd have posts on forums about how he thinks he's a hardass because he killed some 85's. They'd be complaining saying that he doesn't have any skill and that he sucks. It's to the point where people complain about everything that doesn't go their way. I will gladly shrug off insults from a level 30 whispering me on an alt. Hearing 85's complain is even worse.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozaparks View Post
    The paradox in all of this is if he were to go kill those 85's, he'd have posts on forums about how he thinks he's a hardass because he killed some 85's. They'd be complaining saying that he doesn't have any skill and that he sucks. It's to the point where people complain about everything that doesn't go their way. I will gladly shrug off insults from a level 30 whispering me on an alt. Hearing 85's complain is even worse.
    I believe they were referring to the level 85 elite guards that spawn and if they started to complain.... the game has become self aware and I'm gonna hide in a bunker til this all blows over.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoc23 View Post
    I desperately want to be a hardass now? Oh wow you must be right since you obviously know everything about me.

Quote Originally Posted by cata View Post
    I believe they were referring to the level 85 elite guards that spawn and if they started to complain.... the game has become self aware and I'm gonna hide in a bunker til this all blows over.
    Haha I'm sorry I read that wrong. I figured someone was directly saying, "If you want to feel cool go kill 85's". Still, my point is valid

To force you to L2P at appropriate level. Stupid question, stupid answer.

Lemme ask you this OP: Why do you want to demolish low level quest hubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastix View Post
    Lemme ask you this OP: Why do you want to demolish low level quest hubs?
    Because it's fun especially doing it with friends like raiding goldshire (ignore my name because i faction changed 2 weeks ago) which is fun because of the war with other 85's but now with the elites it's much much more hard.

Wow it never ceases to amaze me at how bent out to shape people get about the fact that they can't go into a questing area and kill lowbies who have no chance against you what so ever. Are you trying to teach them a lesson about rolling on a PVP server or something? It's this particular lack of honor and the fact that I constantly had high level characters stand on top of my quest mobs hoping I'd accidently click on them that I refuse to roll on a PVP server. Yes the factions are at war but really what kind of "hero" are you if you get your jollies by slaughtering toons and quest givers that have no chance against you? /sigh I guess I'll never understand this mentality some "PVPers" have. I'll stick to PVE thank you very much.

I desperately want to be a hardass now? Oh wow you must be right since you obviously know everything about me.
    And that's the end of this thread.

I guess I'll never understand this mentality some "PVPers" have. I'll stick to PVE thank you very much.
    Sub-1k heroes

oh look pvp didn't happen on a pvp server because of fair. if you want fair they have a system for you its called a pve server.

Some of the elites might be a mistake. Blizz said they were just going to upgrade all the guards. For awhile, all the mobs at the Argent Vanguard in Icecrown were all level 85 elites - two shotting mobs as you did the quest line there. It was recently fixed and the guards were restored back to level 80 elites.

Otherwise, though, what is the point? Blizz doesn't really want some smeghead ruining a lowbie questing zone for new or experienced players. If you want to gank then join a PvP server and see what damage can be done on there without entering towns.

Or, you know, stop being a douche.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Deleted
    Because it's fun especially doing it with friends like raiding goldshire (ignore my name because i faction changed 2 weeks ago) which is fun because of the war with other 85's but now with the elites it's much much more hard.
    Yeah, god forbid you actually fight someone your own level. Too hard?

I'm just gonna go outside and steal candy from the kids in the playground cuz thats fun. Lets hope they didnt bring their parents.