Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New PC - Is this setup viable? :)

I know there are a lot of these threads floating around atmo, but I'm at a stand still.. I know these parts will fit together and work, but was wondering if there were any ways to making it better and if possible a bit cheaper?

By cheaper I mean: Could I replace the Mobo for something cheaper which would give the same result etc

Mobo: Asrock P67 PRO3 S1155 SATA6 USB3
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.33GHz 6MB Unlocked Box S1155
    Ram: Corsair DDR3 PC1600 8GB CL9 kit VENGEANCE
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 320GB 16MB SATA (NOTE: this is purely for saving fraps movie files etc. My current HDD is more then fine for the rest and got a lot of external space)
    GPU: Club 3D GeForce PCI-E GTX560 Ti 1024MB
    Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 til 775/1156/1366/AM2+3
    PSU: Corsair TX Series 650W TX650 80+
    Case: NZXT Hush Silent Computer gaming black (-PSU)

Screen (not sure if I'm gonna invest in this aswell atmo): Asus 24" TFT VH242H Wide FullHD HDMI/DVI

Any help would be awsome

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont know what the cooler is costing you but the cooler master hyper 212+ is one of the best ones you can get, and it's $30
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Hmm I'm gonna take a look if i can find one this is all found at a shop in Denmark where I can get it all in one package but the cooler could be found elsewhere i guess

I would try and change the GPU to an ASUS or a EVGA brand name. And Change the cooler to the 212+ like stated before, or to a heavy duty Noctua if you have the cash. Other than that, looks great :]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirah View Post
    Hmm I'm gonna take a look if i can find one this is all found at a shop in Denmark where I can get it all in one package but the cooler could be found elsewhere i guess
    - Being danish myself, i'll recommend http://www.komplett.dk, - eventually you can look up reviews on the internet (:

Deleted
    Why Asus or EVGA? arent they the same besides the name?

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1 View Post
    - Being danish myself, i'll recommend http://www.komplett.dk, - eventually you can look up reviews on the internet (:
    Will take a look

Why Asus or EVGA? arent they the same besides the name?
    Better performance, better warranty.
    Here is the parts on an American site. Maybe you can find them there.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-604-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-424-_-Product
    Last edited by Scoobasteve1226; 2011-03-22 at 05:17 PM.

Why Asus or EVGA? arent they the same besides the name?[COLOR="red"]
    Dunno why Asus, MSI has better cooling and that's the only reason I would go with Asus or MSI. On the other hand, EVGA has lifetime warranty so that's definitely something that distinguishes it from the competition.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    Dunno why Asus, MSI has better cooling and that's the only reason I would go with Asus or MSI. On the other hand, EVGA has lifetime warranty so that's definitely something that distinguishes it from the competition.
    The ASUS card was getting better benchmarks than the MSI version. At least in everyone I saw.

10+ Year Old Account
    ASUS DirectCU or MSI Frozr II are both extremely good non reference cooling solutions. I'd also suggest a Xigmatek Gaia over the Hyper 212+. Overall EVGA's quality has dropped for their hardware and customer support(guess it comes with them losing many of their employees to other manufacturers) so I'd opt more for ASUS or MSI since they provide the best non reference design heatsinks.

Overall the build is quite good, the Core i5 2500K is an extremely fast processor especially for the price. Corsair, even though they outsource to Seasonic and Channel-Well have a solid lineup of power supplies that tend to output more than they're rated for(which is good!).

Good PC I think you'll love it.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Those are some decent clocks... are you on air? What cooler?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    Those are some decent clocks... are you on air? What cooler?
    Air, Xigmatek Aegir right now.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Air, Xigmatek Aegir right now.
    I see, my 2600K is getting 5.1 on air with a Noctua

I have never heard of the Aegir, do you like it? What do you idle/load at?

And for the OP, please don't get an AsRock

Consider an Asus mobo.

Deleted
    Ty for all the answers Now I just need to come up with the cash

I've taken a note of the cooling suggestions, will give them a look see and also the GPU manufac. I'll see if I can find one of the ones you mentioned above

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 09:23 PM ----------

Consider an Asus mobo.
    Any suggestions perhaps? The place I'm trying to buy the lot from only has Asus mobos in mATX size and that wont fit my soundcard etc.. But any reason why the asrock aint a good choice? Had a couple and never seemed to have problems

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 09:26 PM ----------

MSI P67A-C45 (B3) Intel P67 SATA6 USB3 FW

Woudl this be a better choice then the Asrock? just about the same price

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, EVGA is great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any suggestions perhaps? The place I'm trying to buy the lot from only has Asus mobos in mATX size and that wont fit my soundcard etc.. But any reason why the asrock aint a good choice? Had a couple and never seemed to have problems
    Why do you have a soundcard...any modern motherboard has built in 5.1-7.1 sound and unless you're doing professional sound work, you don't need a sound card
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account

Consider an Asus mobo.

Yeah I like it so far. Get about 72-74C on load with it and 27-28C idle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Why do you have a soundcard...any modern motherboard has built in 5.1-7.1 sound and unless you're doing professional sound work, you don't need a sound card
    Cuz my current Mobo has a really crappy built in soundcard :S

Where are you buying from? Being Danish myself, I just got my new rig from Føniks Computer who've been in the business for a long time. I've got the Arctic Cooler Pro 7 Rev 2 on my i5-2500K, and atm, i'm sitting at 61 C during load @ 4GHz. I've kinda regret that i didn't pay those extra 15 DKr it costs to get the Cooler Master 212+ though, as it should be better.

As for AsRock motherboards: Their new P67 boards have actually gotten some pretty good reviews, and are being compared to both Asus and MSI boards. I remember reading some reviews on the ASRock P67 Extreme4 sad said it was a pretty good motherboard for "normal" people who just want everyday clocks.

Oh and i've got the MSI P67a-GD65 and it works like a charm. It's the rev 2 of it, so it's got the bad SATA 2 ports, but with 4 SATA 3 ports and my almost non-existing need for SATA ports, i'm not really sure i CBA to RMA it to get the B3, since i will probably never get to use those ports..
    Last edited by Mestofiles; 2011-03-22 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Well I'm looking at PC-lager.dk atmo. They have the option of putting together a PC and getting shipped in one package.. Will check out Føniks Computer