Thread: Puppy PC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    GeForce 9 series doesnt support DX11 in any way whatsoever.
    ^ This. Stupid kids can't even lie right

If you have it, you probably can't even use it, so why bother posting it? Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I have a far lower spec laptop, 4 Gb RAM, GeForce 9800M GTS and an Intel Core 2 Duo running at 2.53Ghz and I can easily get 80-100 FPS with DirectX 11.

An easy way to boost your FPS is to just turn off VSync, if you don't get graphics corruptions from it, is better to leave it off anyway.
    Do not test fps by staring in a corner. and unless vsync causes issues you should always have it on.

Deleted
    A DX9/10 card may not utilize DX11 but some poeple have reported it improved their performance quite a bit so perhaps it is not entirely true that they are not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 AM3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770
    RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333mHz
    If your able to afford like $30 more, the i3 2100 and a H67 mobo will be better for gaming, if you can afford a P67 Mobo your setup will also be future proof. I was slightly disappointed to not see the i3 in the recommended budget builds. But i guess the prices on them are tight.

What those images don't tell you is that you also have DirectX 10 and 9 installed, it just shows the most recent version. If you actually tried to run a DirectX 11 game in DirectX 11 mode, you will not be able to run it. And don't say you run WoW in DX11 mode, because it'll automatically revert to DX9 if you use the -d3d11 line if the card doesn't support it.

And yes, the 5770 is much superior to the 9600GT.

Quote Originally Posted by iSythe View Post
    If your able to afford like $30 more, the i3 2100 and a H67 mobo will be better for gaming, if you can afford a P67 Mobo your setup will also be future proof. I was slightly disappointed to not see the i3 in the recommended budget builds. But i guess the prices on them are tight.
    Yeah, I was disappointed too. I guess the primary reason is that although they outperform most AMD CPUs in terms of gaming performance, they are not the best for multi-tasking since they only have 2 cores whereas AMD Phenoms have 4. The new i3 2100 is the best budget gaming CPU in my opinion, since it is only $125.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm running the PTR with the in-game setting set to DX11, and it's not reverting the setting to DX9 when the graphics engine resets or the game is restarted. And I do notice an improvement to the rendering and performance between the two.

I can't say what is going on, but setting it to DX11 does make a difference, even if my card does not support it.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED