Cool Another Lost Fire Mage

Hi guys,
    I know that there is alot of posts with this same sh*t but i could Really use some help.

I have been tryng some reforge tests for about 2 weeks, i have tryed some information fonts like askmrrobot.com, rawr or simulationcraft. In any of these i had an DPS improvment, i had tryed to priorize haste then Crit and Crit then haste.

My current gear is something like Int>Hit Cap>1200 haste>Crit>Mastery.

Now i'm doing something like 13~14k DPS on the Raid Dummy, but i know that something is not right anyway. With my gear i think i can do much better.

My rotation is: scorch, LB, fire orb, fireball spam until pyro procs.

I'm read some posts about ingnite munching on elitist jerks but i don't think that is my problem.

If there anyone here that could give a nice look at my current gear/situation and give me some valid tips i will be extremelly greatfull.

A friend of mine keep telling me to raid with frost spec because is putting more damage, but i can't see that happening eather.

Armory link: us . battle . net/wow/en/character/warsong/zodiaco/simple

Ps.: Sorry for my really bad english.
    Zodiaco - Warsong/US

There are stickies all over for you to read about how to improve, 1 more point in Burning soul is a start, 4pc is going to be huge once you down Nef or Cho'gall, chest enchanted and read some of the stickies from EJ and such about spreading your Comb when to etc, what burn phases are and such and you will be ok...

Quote Originally Posted by zodiacowarsong View Post
    My rotation is: scorch, LB, fire orb, fireball spam until pyro procs.
    You'r rotation SHOULD be - ( Pull countdown ) - Volcanic Potion - Hardcast a Pyro 2 seconds before the pull - Living Bomb - Mirror Images (i prefer not to use this right away if the tank is able to keep aggro, just focusing on fishing for high ignites ) - Fireball - Fireball.. - Combustion( with BIG ignites ) - Flame Orb - Flame Orb - Mirror Images ( if not used earlier ) - Fireball - Fireball.. - Living Bomb - Fireball..

A friend of mine keep telling me to raid with frost spec because is putting more damage, but i can't see that happening eather.
    You will NOT do higher dps as frost, believe me..

I dont have the time atm, but I will look into rawr simulations when i get back from school and give you a more constructice critique on you'r gear then.

Here is some log from the raid last night. Can u guys analyze and give me some advice?
    worldoflogs.com/reports/nc3wr9fr4ff17ne2/

Here is some log from the raid last night. Can u guys analyze and give me some advice?
    worldoflogs.com/reports/nc3wr9fr4ff17ne2/
    Log
    I took a look at T+V because the other two fights are gimmicks and don't really represent how you play.

With that said, you scorch a LOT. Is there any particular reason you use scorch so often? There isn't enough movement on that fight to warrant the amount of scorches you cast. You need to minimize your movement and cast more Fireballs. It is truly unreal how many scorches you cast.

You are also late on refreshing Living Bomb. Your uptime isn't terrible (~75%) but you can ABSOLUTELY improve that by refreshing LBs as soon as they explode. You should also try to focus on double-dotting, casting Living Bomb on the inactive dragon. It hovers in the air over the active dragon.

Gear
    You can make a few changes to your gear to increase your performance.
    1. Get exalted with Therazane, purchase exalted shoulder enchant.
    2. Enchant your chest.
    3. Reforge mastery to haste on gloves.
    4. Replace 50 crit enchant on bracers to 50 hit. 50 hit is more valuable than 50 crit in terms of dps and allows you to skip reforging some gear to hit. (Better yet, 50 int.)

That's all I have for now.
    Last edited by Inoxia; 2011-03-30 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Added gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoxia View Post
    Log
    I took a look at T+V because the other two fights are gimmicks and don't really represent how you play.

With that said, you scorch a LOT. Is there any particular reason you use scorch so often? There isn't enough movement on that fight to warrant the amount of scorches you cast. You need to minimize your movement and cast more Fireballs. It is truly unreal how many scorches you cast.

You are also late on refreshing Living Bomb. Your uptime isn't terrible (~75%) but you can ABSOLUTELY improve that by refreshing LBs as soon as they explode. You should also try to focus on double-dotting, casting Living Bomb on the inactive dragon. It hovers in the air over the active dragon.

Gear
    You can make a few changes to your gear to increase your performance.
    1. Get exalted with Therazane, purchase exalted shoulder enchant.
    2. Enchant your chest.
    3. Reforge mastery to haste on gloves.
    4. Replace 50 crit enchant on bracers to 50 hit. 50 hit is more valuable than 50 crit in terms of dps and allows you to skip reforging some gear to hit. (Better yet, 50 int.)

That's all I have for now.
    Thanks for the insights dude.

I really move alot on that fight, its has alot of moving in that fight indeed. And i will try to stand still more ofthen, the reason i cast so many scorchs was becausa we had an warlock in the raid and a forget about his dot, and i was thinking the scorch dot was over. (My bad)

I will do the changes that u suggest.

About the Halfus fight, i have seen in some sites that the usual mage dps for that fight is about 50k. That is really out of my league or i'm doing something wrong like the scorch thing in that fight to?

Mage DPS on Halfus with whelps and properly peeled combustions WITH kind RNG is 50k or greater.

I tend to hit 30k+ without the whelps when I'm not brain dead.

As for movement on V&T, if your group isn't tanking the active dragon in the center, yes - there's a LOT of running. However, your raid leader should be encouraged to tank the active dragon in the center, reducing the amount of running needed.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Deleted
    If you want to do stupid damage on aoe fights like halfus. 1st ask your tanks to tank dragons close. Then learn how Impact work. When you see impact work almost like a weak pestilance and you can actualy spread 8s of your combustion on every target (3 dragons+mini dragons). Imagine get 15k combustion on 10+targets for 8-9s!! When you do that show us your logs ^^

The hard part is fishing a big ignite for combustion while impact is up.

Btw try this pull: hardcast pyroblast and fireball until crit. When crit put livingbomb and apply combustion and active all cds. The reason is this way only pyroblast dot can make ignitemush so easy to get big ignite from fireball.
    Combustion also has travel time (you don't see it but is like one fireball) so don't use it if ignite have like 1s to finish.
    This will make you start with 25k+dps depend how big ignite you get.

Also until 4.1 remember that flameorb and images crits also make ignites so never cast images/flameorb/lb when you trying to fish a big ignite for combustion. This way only pyroblast can do fuck a good ignite. Also if you can use pyroblast! only after a fireball crit like i told you to do with lb. it will give you 100% sure you will not get ignitemushing.

Now the hard part is be a fast because procs and crits are to RNG and you can't stay 1min fishing for something that is hard to get.