lol @ blue posts

We want Feral and Balance to be played in PvP and ideally in Arena.

who still plays feral in arena and gets anywhere? ferals are terrible now. get over it bliz. you beat them with the nerf hammer way too hard.

yes, i am a druid, no, i do not play feral any more. as soon as i get my ravage off im stunned or snared or in some way screwed over. and i just sit there and eat dmg. and then go respec to resto which is the only 1/2 decent spec left for druids. qq

Deleted
    Yeah, i feel for you, its really unfair. I mean WTH? Only ferals are stunnable in arena.....

Deleted
    You know that almost all high rating ferals got higher in rating after 4.0.6?
    And the only classes that can root is mages, sometimes other druids and warriors every 30 sec

Quote Originally Posted by Zplasch View Post
    And the only classes that can root is mages, sometimes other druids and warriors every 30 sec
    With respect to roots, you forgot to mention shamans, DKs, and hunters, but in some cases the roots do not share DR with each other (this goes for certain stuns, as well), exacerbating the problem. The original reason was around when rogues/warriors had Mace specs, and the random stuns put their activated stuns on CD... however, since those talents are long gone, the reason for separation of DRs is no longer in existence. Regardless if something is passively or actively triggered, it does not make it any less powerful than each other... it's called taking your chances and RNG.

Depending upon the group comp, the other players in the feral's team may have been buffed to compensate? Still, the biggest downfall of ferals is that we're highly susceptible to CC and our healing/CC output completely neutralizes our personal offensive and defensive power. However, I won't say it's solely just a feral problem, it's how every other class/spec has changed around us at the same time. I'm still amazed at how much healing a non-healer class can do, especially when they don't hurt themselves in the process or if they're completely passive, and Blizz doesn't seem to blink at it. To top things off, CC has been passed out like candy, as well as interrupts.

The root of the problem is PvE vs PvP, and while Blizz just admitted to biting the bullet on warriors concerning Colossus Smash (still boggles my mind how giving warriors the ability to bypass 100% of the target's armor didn't raise warning flags that were present during ICC and their huge complaints of how 100% arpen was overpowered/out of control), I believe Blizz will have to introduce a lot of "Ability A does this in PvE and this in PvP" despite how much they don't want to. In all honesty, they've done it a lot already, though most of it is behind the scenes and masked by the phrase "PvP duration" and "diminishing returns." However, this may not be enough, and as I've mentioned in many posts before, while Blizz thinks they are fixing a problem, they generally create another one in the process.

If some people may recall when Blizz was restructuring the talent trees for Cataclysm, the mention of an "arms race" was brought up with respect to talents that were anti-CC/snare/etc. The arms race was the proliferation of all these talents to counter certain mechanics, mostly for PvP purposes, so the way to diffuse the situation was to remove all these talents. Sounds great... until they created a different arms race and repeated the same old one in the process. With Cataclysm, I honestly lost count of how many classes got new forms of interrupts/CC/stuns/snares/roots/passive healing/passive defense/etc. The new arms race created was one of CC and personal survivability, all in the name of PvE, while there are some talents that no one in their right mind would pick up for non-PvP applications despite the heralded concept of "choice" in choosing a spec.

Don't get me wrong, this balance is really hard to achieve, and it will never be perfect. However, there are some things that I feel Blizz is covering their ears, shutting their eyes, and screaming "lalalalalala!" until they're blue in the face hoping that a solution will just magically conjure itself in the game. It may be a hard job to accomplish, but it doesn't mean you should avoid doing it.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zplasch View Post
    This. And anti-root buffs incoming at 4.1. Can't wait.

Ferals aren't "terrible". They're perfectly viable. Try 3v3 though, it's so much easier than 2v2 for a Feral nowadays.