Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was in the same boat, its best to just accept that it's dead and let you an whoever is left be absorbed into a new guild. You can't make people join your guild.

guilds doomed, happened to my old one late in wolk. Just get your active members, find a guild in the same boat as you, and merge together.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was in the problem you were, I recruited a bunch, just got lower level players. The good news was that the lower level players were really active, got to 85 fast, and now they are our main raiders. And since they were lower level, I felt that they were a bit more loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Consider a merge with another ailing guild
    +1. Start slowly, announce your intentions to the rest of the guild and see how they react. Negotiate with some smaller guilds, make sure you retain 2nd in command status and have pull with the new guild. Audit them for culture clashes and attitude problems.

Harder than expected 10 man raiding, plus the death of 25 man raiding, plus guild reputation, plus guild XP in total have really put the hurt on the social scene. Wipe the slate clean, forget about the past and just assume that Cataclysm starts as soon as the merger occurs -- you're only 3-4 mos behind the launch in December.

until they buff the reputation gains for guild experienced and make it easier to get, hardly anyone will even care to put alts in other guilds. they will go after the guild they have been for for some time, or old guilds even that they have knowledge of their experienced and ability to survive, and they'll stick to it.

my guild is a 25M guild and we are having a massive struggle to find healers, whilst before cata we had no problem with applies. in my opinion it's a mix of things: healing is quite hard, and someone screwing up makes it even more of a pain; ppl are sticking to their guilds even if it goes through very rough times or even not raiding at all, until they really feel it's ended; even their alts, sometimes ppl apply with alts and raid 2x a day, now that most likely wont happen since they want the privileges of the good guilds now at start (example, get recipes to make cauldrons, mount from 12/12 achieve, etc etc), and whatelse, many players also stopped playing due to boredom (i know quite a few of them, and some are irl friends), so.... pretty much it's hard in all realms, everyone is struggling with applications, but if you are in a guild that has nothing to show, then it's even more complicated to find anyone at 85 gear ready for raid.

I think the worst thing they did in Cataclysm was implement the new guild system. It makes it really difficult to build up now since everyone wants to be in a guild that is at the highest possible level. I won't get into detail on how bad the system is but will only get worse.

I know it can suck but your guild might be dead. I know my guild was having the same problems altho we could do guild heroics. Raiding was pathetic. Then we got lucky with a pug healer one night, he enjoyed our attitude while raiding and his guild was in the exact same situation that ours was in. We ended up merging our guilds and now we're starting to progress which was a huge boost to morale.

Hopefully you can "save" the guild, but in all honesty your only hope might just be a merger.
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

Deleted
    Problem is that these days ppl don't give a damn about progress, they just wish to get epics asap.

You need to join a new guild.

Merge if you have a lot of friends in your current guild. But don't expect to keep your guild alive. Just give up on it; too many guilds are trying to recruit instead of letting the more stable guilds absorb less stable guilds.

I know, everyone wants to be special and GM and raidleader, but most people aren't capable of doing those things well, at least from mine and others' anecdotal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Naamari View Post
    Problem is that these days ppl don't give a damn about progress, they just wish to get epics asap.
    See, that's true to an extent, but it's only really a problem if you're a casual guild. I'm in a hardcore 10 man guild (4/13 and working on Magmaw) and we use a loot council. When people don't get epics, they don't get upset or send whispers complaining, they suck it up and move on. We pass to each other, on occasion, or if it's too close for us to decide and the people in question have equal gear/haven't gotten upgrades in a while, we just roll and move on. We're a community, as cheesy as it sounds, but it's fun knowing every individual raider and their idiosyncrasies. I have a lot of fun. I've wiped hundreds of times with them and I'm still dying to wipe more.

Nobody in my 10 man would ever /gquit over loot. Unless maybe a warrior got the first 372 bow or something. :P

I realize I'm just one example but I'm in an awesome guild with awesome people. The game isn't about purples. We shard so many of the things it doesn't even matter. Though I do love free flasks/repairs. I hope Maelstrom crystals stay expensive.
    Last edited by Vakarian; 2011-03-23 at 07:33 AM.

As far as reputation goes...
    It's not that the system is broken. The problem is that people put too much emphasis on the system.

What does guild rep do to you? Do you need it to get the guild perks? No.
    Do you need it to get a dps buff? No.
    Do you need it to raid, quest, solo, pvp, have fun? No.

What does it give then? VANITY ITEMS.
    That's the only thing Guild Rep gives. Vanity. Items.

Seriously. Too much emphasis. This is a community issue more than a design issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Open the bank for guild repairs,advertise on your trade channel for heroic groups and pug a few in-dont use lfd.Be sociable during the dungeons,use vent and invite people in.Invite back the good players over the next weeks to run more heroics and start inviting to your guild.You'll be suprised how many people aren't happy in there current guilds, and will switch for a friendly 10man raiding envrionment.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    This is exactly the main problem with the new system.

I'm all up for guild loyalty, but the rep system encourages half-baked guilds that do nothing to stay together, instead of moving to try and get themselves a better game experience.
    Daniel Jackson /serious face speaks the truth. Being in a guild for any amount of time wether it fails or not, seems almost binding considering reps. Good and bad idea in a way guild rep is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk with the old gods, else find a new guild

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Loose the guild, keep the people.
    There are many guilds which lacks critical mass and freeze users who wait for raiding.
    Look at the other guilds on your server, find a few with the same goal than yours and join one of them en masse.

You need to recruit to gain raid viability.
    People are not interested in investing themselves in a guild that has not provent its viability.
    The odds of your guild making it on its own are not good at all.

You merge with another guild, but try to convince them to keep your guilds name.