Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bure View Post
    I love watching people get so upset over this. It's a video game. The fact that some people are getting so upset by things like this and are quitting and deleting their gear and whatnot makes me laugh even more. Cry harder. THIS VIDEO GAME IS SERIOUS STUFF.
    u said it all,ir feels sad that some ppl rely on these game so much,like their life depend on it lol
    but serious now,i feel pitty for those kind of ppl

10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed IRL for 5 minutes after seeing those notes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    nah, it's the new way devs found to do the least amount of work.
    Buff something that doesn't need buffing. Test is, and revert the changes 1 week before patch hits.
    What you get is people happy not to see something live, and forgetting the fact that they haven't change anything in the end.
    Nice strategy really, you got to admit, almost better than removing raids from the game you know people love, just so you can re implement them in game and call it new content.
    Yeah, and for new content just make a few rooms in circle with one boss per room, then put the final boss in the middle. Man, BWD must have take at least two days to design.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rapier View Post
    lol at that calculation.

Doesnt matter your damage when you dont mention your gear

I am a mage and have been critted 31k frostfire + 25k icelance hitting same time from a deep freeze
    thats 56k + the ignite dmgt of the frostfire being 12.4 over 4 secs total dmg inc 68.4k dmg pretty much hitting at the same time since ice lance travel is greater than frostfirebolt.

i have 2.7k resil
    My...gear? I mentioned my spellpower, which is the only thing the game takes into consideration from my end when factoring in spell coefficients. Hell, my armory is IN my sig, pretty sure there isn't anything being hidden. You have 2.7k resil, I have 3,285 with a BoER equipped which would tell me I have better gear than yours.

Coupled with the fact that you have...Ignite...ticking, means you don't play a proper Mage and are now listing the abilities from two trees to prove a point even though no-one in their right mind gets Ignite for Frost PvP. Coupled with the fact that...know what? I'm not going to get further into this. You're playing with PvE gear and a PvE spec talking about PvP.

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 03:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMert View Post
    Yes that is a problem when you have chain CC sheep'd the healer and a melee cant even get an attack on you much less int your 2 second cast frostbolt thats when its a problem we don't all play full ranged team's but by the looks of it we are going to have too, I guess we could all try double healer again for the constant despells but that has never been fun nor in the spirit.
    Where is your second partner? If you expect to run Prot/Prot/Holy Priest and be successful, then I'm sorry for you. But if you can't put out counter pressure through your own CC and burst, or your healer can't LoS/trinket/use CDs...then why are you in Arena?

Again, doing 32k damage to a target with HoTs and 120k+ HP is NOT a big deal. It's 26.67% of your max HP...that's less than I've done in any previous expansion. Then again, grandstanding, hyperbole, and stubbornness are all forum traits.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsid View Post
    Yeah, and for new content just make a few rooms in circle with one boss per room, then put the final boss in the middle. Man, BWD must have take at least two days to design.
    How can you complain about the architecture/design of BWD? It's an old and classic concept with winged buildings, generally in games. But the place is absolutely fantastic in my eyes.

Yay more Ice Lance spam in my face!

I beg your pardon then. Frostfire Orb on cooldown. That only makes the frost rotation marginally more difficult than FB spam. Hitting a button on a proc moves it slightly towards the old retribution or survival in terms of difficulty and complexity.

Next thing you'll tell me is that WOTLK arcane was difficult and wasn't one button because you had to use AB/AM once in a blue moon or AP or IV whenever it wasn't on cooldown.

I re-iterate if they want to buff frost for PVE but nerf it for PVP they need to put in a crippling Eclipse-like mechanic where you have large portions of your potential DPS tied into it that you can only access with chain casting and only when chain casting alternating spells.

well when do you see a frost mage simply hardcast frostbolt a lot in pvp?

Bullshit changes. Frost mages were OP before in PvP but now they're unstoppable. On the PTR mages are literally shitting on my face; I have consecutively seen them place at LEAST in the top three of damage done in battlegrounds.

And still Blizzard claims that this is their most balanced arena season yet. Yeah, okay. What's next, telling us that farting refills your water bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    I laughed IRL for 5 minutes after seeing those notes.
    I am not commenting on this person's post, but their avatar. Jonathan Toews is an overrated piece of poo and the Blackhawks' rent-a-cup was nothing merely more than a fluke. Have fun hitting the links early this year. The Blackahwks are the NHL's best golf team year in and year out. 49 years without a Cup isn't 'bad luck' it's bad playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    And our silence/interrupt is not very preferable. It has a 4s silence, which is nice, and an 8s lockout period, which is also really really nice. However, 24 seconds CD compared to the usual 10 or shaman's 5 is quite laughable. Right now it works, but I could guarantee you most if not all mages would prefer shaman's interupt over what we have now.
    It's the same ratio of CD to Lockout period though. Warlocks have a 24 second CS as well and that's only if they have the proper pet out. Consider yourself lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    And our silence/interrupt is not very preferable. It has a 4s silence, which is nice, and an 8s lockout period, which is also really really nice. However, 24 seconds CD compared to the usual 10 or shaman's 5 is quite laughable. Right now it works, but I could guarantee you most if not all mages would prefer shaman's interupt over what we have now.
    LOL
    Mage complaining about an EIGHT SECOND LOCKOUT? Cmon, it's a large cd, that's why YOU TIME IT RIGHT. It's completely a l2p issue if you think counterspell is underpowered. I'd gladly trade wind shear for counterspell (i have both classes at 85- i would know). Sure, you can interrupt more, but what about the casts in between the interrupts? Shamans can't kill you in 2 seconds, rendering the interrupt not as good as counterspell.

Also, they are the same lockout, as a poster previously pointed out. 8second interrupt/24second cooldown = 1/3, 2second interrupt/6second cooldown = 1/3

Blizzard is like Truth from FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
    Any wishes or needs asked give you reverse effects.

Ret Paladins asking for a change in holy power generation. Why? To utilize their abilities more often and apply pressure.
    What did they do? Change the Mastery, give them and increase of healing talents( which are now causing WoG to get nerfed) and lessened the chance to generate holy power for Ret.

Warriors rant about Heroic Leap and getting into range = nerf to damage

Balance druids using Starsurge as the only way to apply pressure to people= nerfed healing and keeps them only viable in BG's.

It's like....any spec/class that doesnt have a legitimate concern gets buffed X_X

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilo View Post
    But you can't go wrong with two pizzas!
    No, but it's just too much.

To all the people thinking this game revolves around pvp - do you see any worthy outdoor pvp targets? No. Do you see any epic battles happening in revamped Azeroth? Unless some people stage it for fun, NO. Do you get PvP ranks which unlock new tiers of PvP gear, get you additional points to spend? No. Do you siege Forts, capture bases, capture areas for your Faction? No, no, no.

This game is PvE in design and Frost Mages received a PvE buff. If you don't see the design behind those changes that says "Cast more Frostbolts man!" you ARE BLIND!

And if you chose this game for PvP you chose poorly... oh wait... you didn't... because most of the PvP designed games failed!

Awesome, i can obliterate more pvp heroes while im farming mats.

time to dust off the mage!

Deleted
    insane ,, thats what they needed -.-' ..... NOT

Quote Originally Posted by druidonroids View Post
    ITs not the fact that these numbers are persay "too high" its the fact that your doing these numbers while 95% of all melee ar sitting their twidlin their fingers sitting in your abomination ammount of cc....

Frost nova
    pet frost nova
    cone of cold
    ring of frost
    blink
    sheep
    the other rediculous ammount of spells that have add a slowing effect

and to top it off? despite some of these effects having a short - longer cd

boom cold snap rinse and repeat all over again....

The number one complaint from any....anyyyyyyyyyyyy dpser about a frost mage is the sheer ammount of mobility CC they have. I literally cant barely touch a frost mage as a feral druid in any 1v1 situtation and even during arenas dont bullshit me and tell me all ur crap is getting dispelled because i dont care how fast you are at dispelling the following happens

1. Dispelling = wasting mana
    2. dispelling = gc now that youre not healing
    3. dispelling = time our healer has to stand still in which becomes vunerably to other forms of cc (aka your retarded sheep)
    4. actually getting dispelled, you have already gotten enough time to get at a safe distance in which to use a slowing effect
    5. on top of this your damage is still doing just like u said 15k dps
    When you dispell fast enough(it's not hard, I play resto druid as main alt so I know what it is like) the mage does basicly 0 damage, at least not enough damage to be of any real danger. I'd agree more with you if haste was still as retarded as it was at the end of Wtlk, but for now I don't think mages are really that insane. You shouldn't really get sheeped as it is now, well at least not by a frost mage, Arcane with PoM+Poly is a nother thing though, but thats arcane. Sheep is such a long cast time now that if you are caught in it you didn't pay enough attention in the first place.

1. Dispelling - Wasting mana, sure you waste mana, but if you can keep your team mate dispelled well enough to train the mage succesfully you will earn that back a ten fold since you wont be taking nearly as much damage form him. Mage getting trained... and he wont be getting much frostbolt casts off.
    2. If you keep your team mate dispelled well enough you will dramaticly gimp the damage the mage is putting out, so less healing required.
    3. See above, sheep shouldn't really be that big of an issue, Deep Freeze + RoF is pretty retarded though, but it's also 2 abitlies that is on decent leangth cd.
    4. Slow effects doesn't kill anyone, if you can keep on that mage you will eventually win.
    5. No, the mage is doing barely any damage if you succesfully train him.