Bane of Havoc, Omnitron defense system

I looked around the forums with the search function and couldn't seem to find a consensus about this issue, lots of varying information.

I also checked some logs from some top 100-200 warlocks on this fight, and the results were odd.

Some just put it on toxitron, electron, and arcanotron, some put it on all four.

So, my question is: How does Bane of havoc interract with each individual shield, Magmatron's, Arcanotron's, Electron's, and Toxitrons.
    Does anyone use it each week who can confirm the behaviour?

Thanking you in advance!
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

magmatron it can break the shield
    doesnt proc from toxitron
    arcanatron not sure if it proc the stacks or not
    electron it proc the shield but no idea if the tank take damage from it or not

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use it on everyone except magmatron. When target switch happens, pop Bane of Havoc on most recent target before switching to the next active target.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Make sure you keep it on one of the three other and switch it around according to when Magmatron comes so you're not stuck with a period of deadtime on BoH if your BoH target activate after Magmatron (TL;DR: Magmatron is the first up).

Deleted
    if the tanks don't have much aggro, you shouldn't put it on one that is active, i usually put it on one that has 2-3 energy left, because even when the tron is inactive, it still does dmg to it

My raid as adjusted to just letting magmatrons shield pop. We have a rogue, Feral, shaman, hunter, and me dropping dots on it and inevitably someone forgets to not refresh the dots and busts the shield anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Seclorum View Post
    My raid as adjusted to just letting magmatrons shield pop. We have a rogue, Feral, shaman, hunter, and me dropping dots on it and inevitably someone forgets to not refresh the dots and busts the shield anyway.
    On Normal mode the shield really doesn't do that much damage anyway. Try doing that on hardmode, though, that'll be fun. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargrey View Post
    if the tanks don't have much aggro, you shouldn't put it on one that is active, i usually put it on one that has 2-3 energy left, because even when the tron is inactive, it still does dmg to it
    This makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    This makes no sense at all.
    It makes sense. When the tron deactivates, any dots or debuffs stay on it for their remaining duration dispite it being untargetable. This includes Havoc, and it will keep doing damage to it. It allows you to put dots on both your current available trons and get the extra Havoc damage from both sets of dots.

That's not quite what happens. BoH behaves differently from dots - any time its target becomes untargetable (like Magmaw and the trons), the BoH damage will simply be dealt to your current target instead. What's extra interesting is that even when a tron comes back online with your BoH still on it, the BoH damage will still be dealt to that same tron when it is your target.

So the proper usage of BoH on ODC is to just place it on the first available tron that isn't Magmatron, and leave it there.

Personally, I play affliction for every omnotron and have never been bested by a destruction warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    That's not quite what happens. BoH behaves differently from dots - any time its target becomes untargetable (like Magmaw and the trons), the BoH damage will simply be dealt to your current target instead. What's extra interesting is that even when a tron comes back online with your BoH still on it, the BoH damage will still be dealt to that same tron when it is your target.

So the proper usage of BoH on ODC is to just place it on the first available tron that isn't Magmatron, and leave it there.
    umm no you don't want to do that at all. You want it on an active tron always so it can benefit from elements on your previous target because havoc essentialy double dips on elements because it gets the + % spelldmg damage on your main target and an extra % spelldamage on the target with bane.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Frtyoneyrds666 View Post
    Personally, I play affliction for every omnotron and have never been bested by a destruction warlock.
    me 2 I find Jinx to be very good to have COE spread to the AOE bloobs in Heroic its very important that they die fast.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    umm no you don't want to do that at all. You want it on an active tron always so it can benefit from elements on your previous target because havoc essentialy double dips on elements because it gets the + % spelldmg damage on your main target and an extra % spelldamage on the target with bane.
    In your own words, "umm no". Did you not read my post at all? Once your BoH target goes inactive the first time, the BoH damage hits your current target instead. That target will (hopefully) always have the CoE (or equivalent) debuff on it, which the BoH damage will double dip from.

Even it didn't work that way and you somehow lost the double dip damage by doing what I suggest, what you're suggesting would still be a DPS loss. In order for it to be worth wasting a GCD to recast BoH every 30 seconds to gain 8% of 15% of your DPS (that's 1.2%), you'd have to be doing about 35k single target DPS.

Completely correct from what I have seen.
    Works out nicely on the second set of bosses for Ascendant Council too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyras View Post
    Completely correct from what I have seen.
    Works out nicely on the second set of bosses for Ascendant Council too.
    The four bosses aren't inactive until the monstrosity spawns in phase 3. The four bosses in the omnotron council encounter do go inactive throughout the fight. A better comparison would be Magmaw and Magmaw's Head. When the Head is up Magmaw is classed as inactive, as the Unit Frame disappears just like on Omnotron. Just like what Gobuchul said. BoH works properly on the Council fight. If you put it on Ignacious just before you enter phase 2 and you're dpsing Arion, you'll do the BoH dmg to Ignacious who is sat active on the balcony above. This is good if Ignacious was on 27% when phase 2 engaged, as you can bring Ignacious down to 25% with Bane of Havoc before phase 3. However, any damage after Ignacious hits 25% will be worthless as the very least amount of health each boss will provide the monstrosity come phase 3 is 25% of there maximum health.
    Last edited by Geomatician; 2011-03-28 at 11:33 AM.

He said second set of bosses. I think he's implying that putting it on Arion or Terrastra during P2 will cause the BoH damage to hit the monstrosity in P3. I haven't tested it myself, but it would make sense, since presumably the four elemental bosses all go inactive when the monstrosity forms.

EDIT: Nevermind, I checked an old log, and it seems like all auras are forcibly removed from the individual elementals at the end of both P1 and P2.
    Last edited by Gobuchul; 2011-03-28 at 01:58 PM.

EDIT: Nevermind, I checked an old log, and it seems like all auras are forcibly removed from the individual elementals at the end of both P1 and P2.
    Yeh everything gets removed from all four bosses as they are all essentially replaced by the monstrosity. This isn't the case on Omnotron or Magmaw.