Poll: Will you Try Star Wars the Old Republic MMO?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes, because WoW is killing itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Star Wars game #95623894562378956034562378965.

No, I won't throw any of my hard earned money into the bottomless pit that is the Star Wars franchise.

I am still amazed at how 3 absolutely horrible movies full of shitty actors could have spawned such a huge following.
    which 3 of the 6 movies are you talking about?

Deleted
    No! I don't like star wars.

Absolutely. WoW has become stale and I need a MMO change. Plus I've been a huge Bioware fan for a while now.

No. I'm not a big fan of star wars. Sure, the movies are cool but that's all. Also, I'm a bigger fan of fantasy than sci-fi. And, I'm already subscribing to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Nope.

Looks awful, from what I've seen.
    I am curious as to what exactly you have seen...

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kellytm3 View Post
    which 3 of the 6 movies are you talking about?
    If he's talking about the original 3, heads might just roll. Otherwise, I would have to agree somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars game #95623894562378956034562378965.

No, I won't throw any of my hard earned money into the bottomless pit that is the Star Wars franchise.

I am still amazed at how 3 absolutely horrible movies full of shitty actors could have spawned such a huge following.
    I partly want to laugh. I partly want to ask your age. I mostly don't care though.

Deleted
    3 absolutely horrible movies full of shitty actors
    Ha ha ha. No.

Yeah, when they release a trial of sorts. I don't like throwing 50 dollars here and there for a game I likely won't be sticking with for long. I buy maybe one or two games that are 50+ dollars a year that I am 100% certain I will like and play for a long time, the rest I get off of steam sales. I don't plan on getting too involved in another MMO until Titan is released down the road, unless we get a surprise. But I like Lord of the Rings 100x more than Star Wars and I don't even play that game online all that much...and its free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three letters. NDA

You don't even know what Titan is. How are you certain you'll like it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I don't plan on getting too involved in another MMO until Titan is released down the road, unless we get a surprise.
    That strikes me as very strange since we have seen or heard absolutely nothing about it other than the developer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im playing just to see the hubup
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

No

After playing WoW for a few years, and then trying Aion for two months, and then Rift for a couple of Betas... I settled on buying Mass Effect 2, to see what all the fuss was about.

I'm liking the story's details which BioWare put into it, but haven't had to "save" a game I've played in -literally- years, so I am experiencing those frustrations - but it is "new & exciting" so I'm having fun.

That said, I'm not interested in going through the same maze of dialog-wheel on such a large scale as SW:ToR seems to entail.

Its bad enough the ME2 is such a bipolar experience = boring slog around the ship & cities checking to see if any of the dialog options have changed - alternating with - twitchy gun-battles that you better have an early-enough save for, because the game won't let you save once you're committed to a fight.

I just see SW:ToR being an enlarged version of that... in that there will be an endless number of dialog-wheel-driven mini-movies to participate in. Yawn.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

Love the lore, love what I've seen so far, and SW: Galaxies had me curl up my toes due to the graphics / limitations back then.

Will I try it? Hell, unless they make a mess of the game (doubt it), I'll probably roleplay, grind content and worship the game to no end.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but I doubt it. I'm just not all that interested in anything Star Wars that isn't set during the Imperial era. Nothing I've seen from the older eras comes close to the awesomeness of Star Destroyers, AT-ATs and X-Wings.

HELLS YES, CANT wait, f**ked wow, i hope you all *** ** *****, * **** *** **** ******* ***

Quote Originally Posted by Yseraboy View Post
    After playing WoW for a few years, and then trying Aion for two months, and then Rift for a couple of Betas... I settled on buying Mass Effect 2, to see what all the fuss was about.

I'm liking the story's details which BioWare put into it, but haven't had to "save" a game I've played in -literally- years, so I am experiencing those frustrations - but it is "new & exciting" so I'm having fun.

That said, I'm not interested in going through the same maze of dialog-wheel on such a large scale as SW:ToR seems to entail.

Its bad enough the ME2 is such a bipolar experience = boring slog around the ship & cities checking to see if any of the dialog options have changed - alternating with - twitchy gun-battles that you better have an early-enough save for, because the game won't let you save once you're committed to a fight.

I just see SW:ToR being an enlarged version of that... in that there will be an endless number of dialog-wheel-driven mini-movies to participate in. Yawn.
    You can skip it in SW:TOR, just like you can skip it in Mass Effect. I don't see the point in skipping it though unless your in a hurry. Why turn a questing experience that can potentially be very involving and immersive, into a grind just like any other MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Huge sci-fi fan
    - I miss my bounty hunter from SWG (and I'm not going back to that game...ever)
    - The game looks to be exactly what I want...KOTOR the MMO.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    Maybe, but I doubt it. I'm just not all that interested in anything Star Wars that isn't set during the Imperial era. Nothing I've seen from the older eras comes close to the awesomeness of Star Destroyers, AT-ATs and X-Wings.
    The Old Republic has equivalents of all those. KOTOR is regarded as the best Star Wars since the originals, and one of the best RPGs of all time. I would play that if you haven't.