Question Bigfoot Networks Cards?

I was thinking about getting ever one

A Killer xeno Pro or a Killer 2100.

I read some review that it doesnt do any really and its a scam. if you have it tell me has you improved your game in mmos and all types of games?

And if so witch one should i get? or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallypower View Post
    I was thinking about getting ever one

A Killer xeno Pro or a Killer 2100.

I read some review that it doesnt do any really and its a scam. if you have it tell me has you improved your game in mmos and all types of games?

And if so witch one should i get? or not?
    Your onboard LAN connection is just fine. No need to get a network card.

A NIC is a NIC is a NIC is a NIC. A super fancy NIC won't suddenly make you closer to a node or suddenly clear up traffic so you can get a better ping. If there is any performance boost, it's negligible, at best.

That great!

But thats sadly not my question I want to know if you see a different in gaming while it on thats my question

But thanks fuzzy

You can pay $3.99/month for a tunneling service, and it'd be overall cheaper than buying an overpriced NIC. And give better performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    in an fps game you might get some benefit,but as far as WoW goes it isnt worth the money

You'd notice a change if your computer is too crappy to run vent/wow at the same time. (IE single/dual core and old)

kk i will just get a realguar thanks!

Also what kind of tunneling service are there?

and what does it do?

The NIC is a NIC is a NIC argument is very flawed. Sure shelling out for a Killer NIC isn't really worth it(unless you get it for almost nothing like I did, on-board NICs are almost always garbage. Sure they work, but not always that well. If you really want something better, it's probably best to just get a good intel PCIe NIC, cheaper too. As to his question, I do notice the difference in some games, not in others. But I also notice minute things that most people don't.

I'm not sure what the popular tunneling service is, but I can tell you what it does. It literally creates a logical tunnel through the internet to the destination. This connection is a secure connection as well and isn't really affected all that much by internet traffic as it's a totally separate connection. This is also how VPNs work.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Better to buy a server network card. Cheaper, faster and more reliable.
    like: http://www.intel.com/products/deskto...t-overview.htm
    wont cost more than like 30 bucks.

Cantil

Didn't they bann tunneling in wow or something i forget?

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 02:03 AM ----------

backeby

Is there any sortware I need or updates patches do I have to do?

Or do I just install and good to go forever?

Why would they ban tunneling to the server? If they did, I haven't heard it. All it does is bypass all the bullshit hops you need to make, it's how A LOT of people started playing WoW when the ISPs had a massive brainfart when Blizz changed how they handled packets.

Thats why I was asking lol

Thanks

The only way I can see a ban happen is if the service made it look like you logged in from a place very remote from where you normally do.

ispano

Naww they will just lock your account and you just have to call them to get it back up,

My friend use a proxy sevrice it happen to him