PvP, Keybinds, & Heals... oh my!

I've been doing 2v2 & 3v3 arena the past couple of weeks and am looking for advice on how to quickly target my team mates to heal them. For PvE, I use Healbot to click heal people but click healing is just too clumsy & slow for arena matches. I know that F1-F5 targets teammates but I find that clumsy too because that means having to take my left hand off of the WASD keys.

So do I create macros that do a /target <teammate name> for each of my heals?

Simply done, you heal with keybinds and don't keyboard turn, once that's done you'll find it easier to use target arena 1&2 macros and your ratings should start going up~!
    Last edited by Valius; 2011-03-23 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can... if you'd like... I wouldn't recommend macroing each of your heals... just change those f1-f5 to something more comfortable?

Personally, I like to click on people's unitframes...

use E S D F not WSAD and bind your most used heal to A makes it extremely easy to use. also get something like vuhdo and set your heals up within it so that all heals target mouse over. or you can macro them if you dont want an addon unit frame. either way, mouse over macros + good key binds is the best way, dont make /target partner macros thats just dumb.

Deleted
    If I'm not misstaken you can type:

[target=arena1]
    [target=arena2]

And so on.. What I do not know on the other hand is, who they will target. Google it is my suggestion. Lurk the forums on Arena Junkies and see if you can find a thread about it.

But personaly I like to just click my mates unitframes, just like Whisperawr said. So far I havent noticed any loss in mobility due to that, witch leaves me with atleast 2 more options for other maybe more neccesary binds.

make sure you're using ALT/shift keybinds too

Deleted
    This is how I do it.

I make a macro of "/target nameofplayeronyour team" and bind that macro to scroll up. If you have a 2nd player you need to heal, you make another macro and bind that to scroll down. You can also bind target party1 and party2 in keybindings menu if you prefer that. Target pets with shift+scroll or another modifier if you prefer that.

This is by far the easiest way to target friendly players in arenas in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by muglia View Post
    This is how I do it.

I make a macro of "/target nameofplayeronyour team" and bind that macro to scroll up. If you have a 2nd player you need to heal, you make another macro and bind that to scroll down. You can also bind target party1 and party2 in keybindings menu if you prefer that. Target pets with shift+scroll or another modifier if you prefer that.

This is by far the easiest way to target friendly players in arenas in my experience.
    This sounds like a great idea. My main is a warrior and I keybind his stances with mouse scrolls so this should be fairly intuitive to me.

Thanks all!