For those putting together a new enthusiast build ~2000$ budget

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do they opt for a "Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B (SCMG-2100)" as the CPU Cooler?

I have never seen anyone suggest that cooler. It is only 10 bucks more than a Hyper 212+. Is it that much better than the Hyper?

EDIT: Nvm.
    Last edited by Deafyx; 2011-03-23 at 07:50 AM.

To save money, change graphics card / get rid of SSD, and it'll form a pretty decent ~1400 build.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Why do they opt for a "Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B (SCMG-2100)" as the CPU Cooler?

I have never seen anyone suggest that cooler. It is only 10 bucks more than a Hyper 212+. Is it that much better than the Hyper?

EDIT: Nvm.
    Mugen is a very good budget cooler, don't know how it fares against Hyper and cba to check. On most other sites I read, Mugen is recommended a lot more often than Hyper 212.

I LOL at the Antec 300 for a $2k enthusiast build. Not that it's a bad case, it does have good air flow, but if you're gonna call it an enthusiast build, put it in a proper enthusiast case.

Yea, I prefer the Haf-X

Quote Originally Posted by Dizey View Post
    I LOL at the Antec 300 for a $2k enthusiast build. Not that it's a bad case, it does have good air flow, but if you're gonna call it an enthusiast build, put it in a proper enthusiast case.
    But then it will go way over $2k or you would have to downgrade other pieces. Duh.

Prices on those cards are a bit off, 2GB versions of the 6950s can easily be obtained for ~$250 or less after MIR.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Putting that hardware in an Antec 300 is a joke..as are the SSDs..whoever put that together..I hope they are sponsored/getting those particular parts for free, else they should be ashamed of themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tom's sold out a long time ago, personally I disregard most anything that I read there
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Tom's sold out a long time ago, personally I disregard most anything that I read there
    I remember when they used to do silly things ;_;