Stumped on Conclave (10H) / Rohash's Storm Shield

Our guild is having some pretty annoying problems on Conclave 10M Heroic, specifically though we are having trouble reliably downing Rohash's storm shield in a decent amount of time. Due to raid comp limitations we have the following on Rohash's platform :

Frost Mage (Myself, ONLY frost for the burst damage for shield)
    Disc Priest
    Mut Rogue / Spriest

The rogue/spriest was originally spriest but switched to rogue to try and down the shield quicker to try and do some better burst damage on the shield. The problem we are having is that 1/3 shields don't go down fast enough and the priest ends up having to heal through 8+ ticks of the storm shield. As mage, I line up CD's (Eng Gloves, Icy Veins) with Deep Freeze and brain freeze (with 2x FoF proc from my water elemental nova). AFAIK I have about 70-120k damage going on in 2 GCD's - but we are STILL not getting the shield down on occasion and it's causing some frustrating wipes.

Can anyone recommend a way to track the damage done specifically to storm shield to see what our problem is? Here is a link to our wipes for tonight : worldoflogs-dot-com/reports/1yqi2zh5sg1jazpn/

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Dmitri; 2011-03-23 at 06:06 AM.

The rogue should line up his CD's aswell. We had Rogue and Enha Shaman to dps the shield down and we had problems with it sometimes because you need a bit of luck with crits. But you shouldn't have much issues with it because Frost Mage has better burst than Enha Shaman.

8 ticks sounds like a lot... even 3 can be really scary sometimes. I just did 10h this past weekend and we were usually getting 2 ticks. I was a disc priest on that platform, with a frost mage and some sort of rogue. I don't know of a quick way to see who did how much damage that was absorbed, but... you only have 2 dps. It should be fairly straightforward to figure out who's not putting out enough burst.

Well I just checked death logs quickly and as far as I can tell you're not that far off. It's meant to be challenging with the current gear and if you just work on your timing and cd assignments you should be fine.

When I say cd assignment I mean it is a good idea to work out who does what cds on which shield to ensure best burst. We use feral + rogue and we had a similar problem until they set up a strict cd rotation to cover all shields.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofuniverse View Post
    We had neither a rogue nor a DK when we started working on this which made it much more difficult and forced us to bring alts in blues.
    This is also the case with both our rogue and our DK.

/wow/en/character/queldorei/dur%C3%A5ndal/simple <---iLvl 341

/wow/en/character/queldorei/varrix/simple <--- iLvl 353

As Impurath said (he's in my group) we use a rogue and enhancement shaman. On average we get at the lowest 2 ticks, at the highest 5 ticks, in my opinion you will pretty much always have at least 1 death if you get 6 ticks. Tell your disc priests to time his shields in such a way that all three people on the platform have a shield on them without weakened soul, leave PoM on one person, and re-shield the other 2 during the storm shield + binding heal the third. Me being the disc priest, this usually worked fine, but if we got 6 ticks the person who didn't get 2 shields usually died.

Also remember that the damage increases per stack, so during the second / third shield your rogue might have a few more stacks than usual and you may have to use cooldowns. On the second shield I always pain suppression him, on the third and final shield we stack up for barrier (that's the only time we can probably survive 6 hits)

As others have said before, you need to work out a cooldown rotation, the shield is brutal and needs to be dps'd with your top dps abilities. You have a frost mage, yourself, so 2nd class should technically not really matter that much as frost has one of the best burst dps possible. Our rogue is combat spec for what it's worth, I don't know THAT much about rogues but I was under the impression combat has the better burst.

Here's our log of our kill if you want to compare:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2x...?s=9493&e=9832

Make sure Rohash DPS aren't doing their 'typical' all-out openers. Save cooldowns. The first time we tried this the shield looked like it was going to be a nightmare to get down reliably.

When I see him hit 20 energy, I vendetta. When he hits 25, I Synapse Springs. At 28 I feint and coldblood sitting on 5cp and full energy. Combining this with my ele shaman partner having a lavaburst in-flight and sitting on 9 lightning charges as he hits 30 energy the shield typically only ticks once for the first one.

edit: As for actually tracking shield damage, you should check out "Boss_shieldsmonitor" with Phoenixstyle.
    Last edited by Kaustos; 2011-03-23 at 02:44 PM.

Have your disc priest pre-shield all 3 of you and spam smite during Storm Shield, it's not much but it'll help both healing and dpsing it.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Deleted
    Swap the priest with a paladin with glyphed divine protection. CD is short enough to work for every storm shield.

Oh and 8 ticks sound way over the top, as each hit is like 40kish, meaning 8ticks would be like 240k eh?

We use ret/rogue/hpala for storm shield. Yay for double dp and feint

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    Our guild is having some pretty annoying problems on Conclave 10M Heroic, specifically though we are having trouble reliably downing Rohash's storm shield in a decent amount of time. Due to raid comp limitations we have the following on Rohash's platform :

Frost Mage (Myself, ONLY frost for the burst damage for shield)
    Disc Priest
    Mut Rogue / Spriest

The rogue/spriest was originally spriest but switched to rogue to try and down the shield quicker to try and do some better burst damage on the shield. The problem we are having is that 1/3 shields don't go down fast enough and the priest ends up having to heal through 8+ ticks of the storm shield. As mage, I line up CD's (Eng Gloves, Icy Veins) with Deep Freeze and brain freeze (with 2x FoF proc from my water elemental nova). AFAIK I have about 70-120k damage going on in 2 GCD's - but we are STILL not getting the shield down on occasion and it's causing some frustrating wipes.

Can anyone recommend a way to track the damage done specifically to storm shield to see what our problem is? Here is a link to our wipes for tonight : worldoflogs-dot-com/reports/1yqi2zh5sg1jazpn/

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like your rogue is facerolliing the whole time and not saving up 5 combo points like he should be for the sheild, if your putting out that amount of damage like you say you are the rogue should be able to push it over pretty easy with some saved up combo points.

Also for the addon, Get Pheonix Style.

Not an expert myself but you can try select all conclave wipes and enter this in experssion editor.
    Play around with it and you might come up with better expressions. Exclude hits for less than 5k since that's usualy dots that sort of dmg.

gogo more tries imo, also not getting any critts will be nasty

Code:
    sourcename = "Rohash"
    and spell = "Storm Shield"

or 

targetname = "Rohash"
    and absorbed > 5000
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...orbed+%3E+5000

bigwigs shows a timer for the shield, so you just use the 10sec before hand to set up your burst. i would vendetta fairly soon (5sec) into the fight since the shield would be up at 30sec, and every 1.5min after, so trying to sync up as many vendettas (2min cd) with shield (1.5min). have your rogue do the following in the 10 seconds before the shield: 3sec before, synapse springs(or some other trinket), 2 sec before, tricks of the trade you, 1 sec before, feint. even at the expense of his cycle, tell him to have 5cp and a full energy bar waiting to envenom into mutilate x 2. you can refresh your abilities afterward (snd/rupture), as long as that burst goes out in that order to bust the shield. we did it with frmage/mut rogue and would never get more than 3 ticks, even with some dodgey rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like your Rogue just needs to use his CDs/abilities better. I don't know the class so I can't tell you the specifics but having 5 combo points and at least 1 CD up each time should be plenty. We have a rogue and an Ele do it for us and it dies within 2 globals. I was Frost and over there with the Rogue early on in our attempts and it really died fast then with a deep freeze and either Ice Lance or FoF-FFB but we needed more AoE on the nature adds so I went Fire and the Ele switched over. Really, as long as the two dps over there are making sure they use their CDs and abilities at the right times (ie saving it for shield or for when you know it will be back up for the next shield) then it should go down within 2 globals every time.

So based on this : worldoflogs-dot-com/reports/1yqi2zh5sg1jazpn/analyze/dd/source/?x=misstype%3DMISS_ABSORB&target=5

It looks like the rogue is doing ok, just maybe not as consistent? Thanks for the help guys!