Thread: Power Torrent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Well, if you have the gold why not? "value" of 30dps is relative, but the point is any serious raider will not stop at anything to improve himself, even a little bit.
    The point you clearly missed was the person did NOT have the gold, they had to put out the begging bowl and 3 legged dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
    My guild sells the Maelstroms for 250g each. There are like over 50 in gbank last time i checked due to all the useless epics.
    Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    Your guild makes you pay for maelstroms it gets from raids you participate in? Yeesh.
    At a mere 250g each I could consider this to be a symbolic price. Sounds more than reasonable to me.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.) No way is it worth 10k for Power Torrent or any enchant as far as the goes, get it from your guild for free or wait until the price drops.

2.) If your raid is consistently wiping at 1% boos HP I would look at on line poker instead of WOW.

3.) You paid 30k for what you hope is a 30 dps gain. I don’t think you can see a 30dps difference.

4.) This all sounds like your wanting to look good on the server to me, save your gold for the next tear of gear and raiding is my thought.

5.) Of course it’s your gold and toon to do with as you see fit, the above is just how I see things, not attacking anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    1 dd won't make much of a difference. but if all 10 or 25 ppl had that same idea, then it starts making a BIG difference.
    30 times 10 is not a big difference tbh......that coupled with the idea that 10 dpsers in a 10m run wouldn't be the best idea now would it!

that 30 dps may be the difference between a dead boss.. and a boss with 150m to reset!

As a raid leader I give out our maelstroms for free and sell them when we have a surplus, no need to make people who help get crystals buy them...

Just my two cents

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
    My guild sells the Maelstroms for 250g each. There are like over 50 in gbank last time i checked due to all the useless epics.

What cost you over 20k cost me a little over 1k.

In all honesty though 20k gold isn't worth the 1k(?) increase in DPS unless you have money to burn. In which case I expect you to be a BoE hero.
    What costs you over 1k, costs me nothing

Gold and making gold is relative. If you craft a couple of epics per week and sell them you make around 10k gold per week together wtih your dailys etc.
    This is your game and you play it like you actually like the game. So if you care bout mounts/pets you might spend some gold on that.
    You might not have time to farm so you will craft 2 epics per week if ur extremely lucky with orbs.

So what 30k is the work of one day for one person that gets up in the morning logging wow and goes to bed after logging out. Is 3 or 4 weeks work for the player that plays alot less.
    If you have the gear thats worth the enchants and can get the enchants theres no reason not to do it. But if you have 346 gear or you simply have to put away all your gold for a single enchant, i really dont see why you would do that.
    I have to add, if i would get HC gear now i would for sure enchant it with best enchants available.