Heroic Conclave 10man: AoEing the adds

We're currently running with this group on Anshal's platform:

Prot Paladin
    SV Hunter
    Fire Mage
    Boomkin
    Disc Priest

We group up the adds and AoE them down, but the likelihood of all the adds dieing seems dependent on rng. It happens every other pull or so that the healing circle will land on the adds, healing them just enough so that we don't get them down before the first ultimate. If the healing circle doesn't land on them, they go down easily. My question is, how do you prevent the healing circle from landing on them? Or is there a better way to handle the situation?

if you have a boomkin just get him to unglph typhoon and knock them out of it?

As far as I know, though I might be wrong:

Soothing breeze's location is deciced upon the start of the cast and not on the end, so I assume it's viable to move the adds away from the moment he starts casting it so they're out of it (or nearly) by the time he finishes them.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    As far as I know, though I might be wrong:

Soothing breeze's location is deciced upon the start of the cast and not on the end, so I assume it's viable to move the adds away from the moment he starts casting it so they're out of it (or nearly) by the time he finishes them.
    That sounds right, from my limited experience with regular Conclave. I've seen him hit the adds with Breeze as they've been being moved, and it looks like it it targeted where they were at the start of the cast. I could be wrong, but what you say seems to match my memory.

I recommend making the mage go frost for this fight - it'll trivialize the adds.

Having a dedicated kiter like a Frost Mage or Ideally a Frost Death Knight kite all the adds throughout the fight greatly eases up the one of the harder parts of the fight.

With all adds up its a 5/6 chance that they will get the healing ring and its too "Rng" to hope and pray that you get them down in time seeing as they will be nearly fully healed in a second or two when inside it, as well as the fact they will get the healing ring AND spores roughly the same time so its a pretty inefficiant and risky tactic to use.
    "In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

The Main, The Alt, The Pretender

Let the circle spawn, move the adds out of the circle during the spore cast, and then kill them. Starting to dps before the circle has spawned just leads to frustration when they heal up to full again.

Deleted
    Round them up, slow them and kite them while they do their first Toxic spores (this is when you'll get the first healing circle anyways so move them out of it) then just go nuts on your aoe and they really should be dead before the next circle/toxic spore.

We're using a frost dk (slow + hungering cold) for kiting and demo lock + anything for this, but I recon a fire mage can do it as well.

edit* yea what pokty said

We had me (Fire Mage), a survival hunter and a destruction warlock. When the adds spawn we group them up and I pop a frost nova. They will most likely get a healing patch below them at that point.
    Once the toxic spores tick twice I break them out via flamestrike rather than blastwave, as to not slow them. Once they're outside of the healing patch they hit the hunter trap, we start AoEing. Once the toxic spores are about to pop up a second time ,the warlock hits all the adds with shadowfury. This is crucial as to keep the second spores from casting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    Let the circle spawn, move the adds out of the circle during the spore cast, and then kill them. Starting to dps before the circle has spawned just leads to frustration when they heal up to full again.
    Yeah, it sounds like you are starting to dps them early, which is just going to be wasted dps most of the time as well as possibly really hurting you if anyone uses something like Blastwave which slows them while they are in the circle.

We use a Frost DK to gather them up and get them out of the circle and then he just tanks them for a few seconds while we all AoE them down. DKs are great for this due to their ability to get AoE threat on them to keep them together, deathgrip an add if someone happens to pull, and hungering cold them when they are going to cast their exploding ability.

We have found that the Fire mage AoE is really good for getting them down (Combustion up every other set and it just wrecks them), so I'd hesitate in making your mage go Frost but if you otherwise have the AoE to get them down then that is an option. I'd probably start with your Hunter being the kiter and try to make that work. The mage will have Ring of Frost (only for every other set so it'd be a better oh crap button than normal part of your strat) to help with when needed as well. If your hunter can kite them successfully a Fire Mage, Boomkin, and the Hunter himself should be able to get them down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    We had me (Fire Mage), a survival hunter and a destruction warlock. When the adds spawn we group them up and I pop a frost nova. They will most likely get a healing patch below them at that point.
    That's how we kill them every week. A single frost nova is enough.

Deleted
    The adds melee damage is really quite low, the Toxic Spores are the source of their damage.

DBM includes a timer for Toxic Spores, which is, I find - reasonably reliable.

We simply let the tank aggro them all as they spawn, then CC them during Toxic Spores for a few seconds (healing circle will spawn during this time, so have the group run away together.

Hungering Cold is preferable, but glyph of holy wrath and shadowfury etc work) which results in no toxic spores.

Doenst take too long for the group to get used too the tactic, simply have to get comfortable with breaking the adds asap to avoid a second toxic spore barrage.
    Last edited by mmoc245b840aa4; 2011-03-23 at 06:11 PM.