Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I don't understand why some people are strongly flaming this... Personally I'm not interested in it since level 60 has very little content left but people don't have to say it so aggressively, especially since it's quite a nice idea.
    I would probably be interested in a level 70 twinking realm since the Raid content is untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Everyone who supports an idea like this (myself included) understands that the talents and abilities are different than they were during Vanilla WoW. This isn't about having an identical experience as we did in Vanilla, it is about raiding and PvP'ing at the appropriate level for the level 60 - 40 man raids. No matter how different the talents and abilities are, it is still going to be a lot closer to authentic than stomping through Molten Core by yourself on an 85 Death Knight. If you do not support an idea like this, there is no reason to post it in this thread, the thread's creator is not looking for reasons to NOT do it unless it is lack of interest. It seems to me like his entire point of making this thread is to see if people are interested, and if you are not, there's no reason to post here.

OP: Unfortunately, I'm not currently active, but if I were I'd totally roll a toon on your server of choice and do some BWL.
    Its more than fair that people potentially interested in this idea gets both sides of the leaf before they jump into the pool of nostalgia. This involves hours of time invested. You stated your goals: experience vanilla raids and PvP at the Lv60 cap. A few of us have already pointed out some bumps you'll run into.
    1. Half the raids are not available.
    2. You may actually run into difficulty w some bosses due to the skills being reshuffled every expansion.
    3. World PvP is over when you run into a Lv85.
    4. Due to the retuning, rebalancing of skills/mechanics, the challenge wont be downing the bosses, the challenge will be keeping a steady raid roster. You may as well 3 man it at 85 with a healer/tank/dps.
    5. You will have trouble with a lot of encounters without bringing in high levels (and if you do, the whole point of rerolling twinks is kind of moot)
    6. You cannot complete your tier 2 set (no Netherwind for mages!!)

Quote Originally Posted by abovebeyond View Post
    Remember that ZG, Naxx, Onyxia are no longer available at 60. Azuregos, Kazzak (Kruul), Emerald Dragons are not there either. Because of this, you can never finish your t2 set (no helm off of Ony?). But hey at least you wont need resistance sets for Rag, Sapph, or Twin Emps.
    There are other things in your post that I could contest, but I won't, this however, is incorrect. When Onyxia made the transition from a level 60 raid to a level 80 raid, her brother Nefarian took all of the Tier 2 Helms she was holding onto, and now drops them when he's killed; and as far as I know, he can still be found in BWL, correct? Source: http://www.wowpedia.org/Nefarian_(tactics)#Loot

Quote Originally Posted by abovebeyond View Post
    1. Half the raids are not available.
    2. You may actually run into difficulty w some bosses due to the skills being reshuffled every expansion.
    3. World PvP is over when you run into a Lv85.
    4. Due to the retuning, rebalancing of skills/mechanics, the challenge wont be downing the bosses, the challenge will be keeping a steady raid roster. You may as well 3 man it at 85 with a healer/tank/dps.
    5. You will have trouble with a lot of encounters without bringing in high levels (and if you do, the whole point of rerolling twinks is kind of moot)
    6. You cannot complete your tier 2 set (no Netherwind for mages!!)
    1. There are plenty of raids still available to fill up a week's worth of raiding: Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, AQ10 (they reduced it to a 10 man instance), and AQ40 are all still intact.
    2. As far as I'm aware, all fight mechanics are still achievable by characters of the appropriate level.
    3. I'm not a huge fan of PVP, so it doesn't really matter to me whether or not it is possible, but I suppose you are right... If a couple of level 85s feel like ruining your day they will certainly be able to.
    4. That is the same challenge that any level 85 raiding guild faces, people come and go... As long as there are 30-40 people interested in this concept that show up to raid, then they'll be able to raid. It is not far-fetched to assume that he'll be able to find 40 interested raiders when he's posting it in public places like these and the official forums.
    5. There's no reason that they'll run into anymore trouble than they should using level appropriate characters, especially considering the fact they have the new and improved abilities from each expansion at their disposal.
    6. You can complete Tier 2 fine, I know because I went back on my Paladin and did it. Nefarian drops both helms and chest pieces.

Either way, people flaming this thread are unfounded. The original poster did not say "is this a good or bad idea?", he said that "if this idea is appealing to you, please register your interest" on the links he provided.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-03-23 at 06:43 PM.

Good luck, it's a good idea. I'm just not sure how viable it is. As others have expressed there are a lot of hiccups when trying to do older content. Level 70 would probably be a better idea, but it's not as old or nostalgic for people either.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    Good luck, it's a good idea. I'm just not sure how viable it is. As others have expressed there are a lot of hiccups when trying to do older content. Level 70 would probably be a better idea, but it's not as old or nostalgic for people either.
    I've already done level 70 content =p thank you though <3

I would love to do TBC content again with Kara, Hyjal, BT and SWP as a 70 twink. Not rly interested in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    This. I would love some classic WoW OFFICIAL realms though. Those piracy realms aren't really that vanilla.
    You should read this thread, obviously you didn't play during vanilla. If you did, this is good reminder of why we shouldn't have a vanilla based server

What sucks about vanilla:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ut-Classic-WoW...

Seeing as you have a pally, I hope you'd be willing to go heals, or only use 2 attacks, or since you have shaman, be prepared to only go heals.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    You should read this thread, obviously you didn't play during vanilla. If you did, this is good reminder of why we shouldn't have a vanilla based server

Seeing as you have a pally, I hope you'd be willing to go heals, or only use 2 attacks, or since you have shaman, be prepared to only go heals.
    That's simplistic to the extreme. An official Classic Wow server right now would have to only be accessible for people who had bought the latest expansion, or Blizz would lose money.

And it would have to include all the mechanics that are current all over Wow. Therefore Paladin & Feral tanks would be viable. DKs would exist. Etc.

People would be Shadowstepping and Heroic Leaping.

In other news, if you're a hater and bumping this thread, THANK YOU. And f*** you.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post

He's not suggesting an authentic Vanilla server, he's suggesting that a bunch of people play as level 60s on a current server. There are already guilds doing this all over the world, and they have been since TBC. You can use current talent trees and current abilities, heck, you can even use DKs, it isn't about having a totally 100% Vanilla experience, it is about raiding and PVPing on level 60s so that those raids and BGs have at least a little bit of the difficulty and feeling that they did in Vanilla instead of pwning your way through them on your level 85.

We had over 10 new recruits yesterday, thank you those who joined/xferred <3

Quote Originally Posted by The bearer of truths View Post
    We had over 10 new recruits yesterday, thank you those who joined/xferred <3
    Grats, really hope this works out well for y'all. Emergent gameplay and all that.