Deleted

Rate the Bear tank above! :D

Okay, here's the deal, you rate the bear tank who posted before you, giving him a grade from 1-10, and telling him what he could do better (if there's anyhing )
    When you're done commenting, post a link to your own armory..

I'll start
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/xallyon/simple (can't post links yet, so just copy & paste it

Deleted
    cute idea but beartank gearing is dependant on progress, role in fight, need to interrupt or not, raid comp, 10 or 25 etc..
    thats why all these threads asking for ideal stats gems rating whatever are often wrong since they dont take these things into account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xallyon View Post
    Okay, here's the deal, you rate the bear tank who posted before you, giving him a grade from 1-10, and telling him what he could do better (if there's anyhing )
    When you're done commenting, post a link to your own armory..

I'll start
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/xallyon/simple (can't post links yet, so just copy & paste it
    7/10

Decent gear, trinkets need upgrading and and gems could be a bit less stamina-ish. Good overall :}

My links in my signature, I have an armor trinket and a dodge trinket in my bags too, depends on what fight I'm on, I'll switch them around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
    cute idea but beartank gearing is dependant on progress, role in fight, need to interrupt or not, raid comp, 10 or 25 etc..
    thats why all these threads asking for ideal stats gems rating whatever are often wrong since they dont take these things into account.
    Progress is 11/12 normal, i'm maintank (mostly), i'm not on interrupt duty, just putting in an interrupt if i feel i got time for it, it's 10 man raiding

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conditional View Post
    7/10

I have an armor trinket and a dodge trinket in my bags too, depends on what fight I'm on, I'll switch them around.
    Exactly this. A good bear tank not only has an arsenal of trinkets at his disposal (no use trying to dodge magic dmg) but also the possibility to reforge, re-equip some gear where needed. none of this reflects on armory nor how much the bear is in tune with the damage he takes from one fight onto the other and which steps can be taken to reduce this.
    the age old discussion of stamina or agility is also an important factor as time and time again it is proven that a sta inflated bear altho on paper has less mitigation and looks like a worse tank than the agility stacked one, with certain fight mechanics, and realising what kind of healing capabilities your raid has this effective health will/might actually make the 'worse' bear survive.
    so knowing that all of this and much more needs to be taken into consideration on a fight per fight basis i rate all bears 10 for effort
    but truely judging them is impossible without knowing all the parameters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
    Exactly this. A good bear tank not only has an arsenal of trinkets at his disposal (no use trying to dodge magic dmg) but also the possibility to reforge, re-equip some gear where needed. none of this reflects on armory nor how much the bear is in tune with the damage he takes from one fight onto the other and which steps can be taken to reduce this.
    the age old discussion of stamina or agility is also an important factor as time and time again it is proven that a sta inflated bear altho on paper has less mitigation and looks like a worse tank than the agility stacked one, with certain fight mechanics, and realising what kind of healing capabilities your raid has this effective health will/might actually make the 'worse' bear survive.
    so knowing that all of this and much more needs to be taken into consideration on a fight per fight basis i rate all bears 10 for effort
    but truely judging them is impossible without knowing all the parameters.
    I agree to some extent, for example take a very healing intensive fight such as Halfus, I'll out survive any other tank, I can tank him to twice or even 3 times as longer than the other classes that can tank due to my gems, trinkets and of course using them at the correct moment in time. But given fights like Valiona, there's other tanks that'll take less damage than me. Saying that, I'm usually main tank for everything besides atremedes but that's purely because I enjoy being a lazy cat and avoiding white circles.

For fights like Chimaeron, Druids can easily solo-tank if they've got their stats right, I wouldn't try solo-tanking him on a stamina stacked though.

Deleted
    7/10

Decent gear, trinkets need upgrading and and gems could be a bit less stamina-ish. Good overall :}

My links in my signature, I have an armor trinket and a dodge trinket in my bags too, depends on what fight I'm on, I'll switch them around.
    You do know that stamina gem is the best ones than anyother ones? if not let me explain it for you why

First of all stamina is alot more stronger than agility since agi got nerfed the amount of dodge u could get in wrath is not same as its now and geming dodge is not worth it since the DR will get you even u got 35%ish dodge chance

For everyone who wonders about why druids is the only tank class who needs stamina gem is simply because Savage defence passive spell which makes your absrob dmg equal 10% of your total hp taken per hit.

X amount of health + Vengence + 10% dmg taken = you always end up absorbing shitloads of dmg even tho your not dodge/agi gemed
    I know mastery is doing same for us increases the absobtion % per point but it is not as much powerfull as the stamina one
    you can check other sources aswell elitejerks, paragon, other known sites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xellas View Post
    You do know that stamina gem is the best ones than anyother ones? if not let me explain it for you why

First of all stamina is alot more stronger than agility since agi got nerfed the amount of dodge u could get in wrath is not same as its now and geming dodge is not worth it since the DR will get you even u got 35%ish dodge chance

For everyone who wonders about why druids is the only tank class who needs stamina gem is simply because Savage defence passive spell which makes your absrob dmg equal 10% of your total hp taken per hit.

X amount of health + Vengence + 10% dmg taken = you always end up absorbing shitloads of dmg even tho your not dodge/agi gemed
    I know mastery is doing same for us increases the absobtion % per point but it is not as much powerfull as the stamina one
    you can check other sources aswell elitejerks, paragon, other known sites.
    At the end of the day, like me and the previous poster explained - It's all about what type of tank you are, what you're tanking and how well your healers are. This is how I prefer to tank and as you can see, it's been working out pretty well so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    - You should get an Agi necklace
    Having a Str one basically means you miss out on an entire rating stat.
    AP, Stam + 2 ratings VS AP, dodge, Stam + 2 ratings

- Same thing goes for your ring

- Greater Chest enchant available

- You should get +Movement speed on boots for sure

- I'd probably say get Agility enchant on bracers, assuming Stam and Agility are just about the same
    40 Stam (a gem is 60) vs 50 Agi (a gem is 40)
    so by chosing Stam you're basically getting less than what would equal a gem slot on your bracers, where as with Agility you're getting more

- I would have swapped the 2 points in Stampede to Feral Aggression, 30% Bear Haste for 8 sec after Charge is useless, you'd rather want instant 3 stacks of Sunder

- Moving the 1 point of King of the Jungle into Nurturing Instinct is excellent on Nefarian P2 helping out the healers by being healed for 10% more, in addition to your Tranquillity being stronger on not only this phase, but also other bosses like Chimaeron's Feud phase.