Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I give my opinion on something and get an infraction...cool

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 03:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Actually some people prefer to play their roles instead of stupid and numb raids/pvp. Also there wouldn't be any RPG games if not the RP part, which comes from tabletop RPGs like Warhammer and D&D. People like you ruined the game and forced it all to be stupid grind with no real gameplay just free epix. Give me SW:TOR a MMORPG now.
    Not sure what you mean by people like me ruined the game all I said was that I didn't know much about Rp'ing but I didn't particularly like it. Didn't know not liking something ruined it for everyone else.
    Last edited by kushlol; 2011-03-26 at 03:58 AM.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I give my opinion on something and get an infraction...cool

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 03:58 AM ----------

Not sure what you mean by people like me ruined the game all I said was that I didn't know much about Rp'ing but I didn't particularly like it. Didn't know not liking something ruined it for everyone else.
    You not liking it does not ruin it.

But you not liking it, then responding to someone who RPs with "that's gay" does.

Consider the fact that there are litterally millions of people just like you doing the same thing, and it becomes very harmful to the RPing minority.

If your opinion is best described as a slur and best used as an insult, it is toxic and has no place in a civil conversation.

I would say look at Lord of the Rings Online. From what I understand they have a very active RP community.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfiredragon View Post
    I would say look at Lord of the Rings Online. From what I understand they have a very active RP community.
    I'd say this is the best answer for you.

LOTRO has a lot of lore, a mature community (at least before it went free to play).

If you'd like a less forgiving MMO (full loot sandbox) and don't mind a very small community I'd suggest trying the free trial of Mortal Online.
    I'm not much of a RP'er but I'd see the potential for it in MO because of how the game works, pretty good crafting, no global chat-channels, awesome night/day cycles, when it's night it's actually night and you need a torch if you want to see anything outside of cities, etc.
    Dungeons are non-instanced and pretty awesome to explore. (They aren't really that great, but fun to explore.)
    Though I'm not sure about the RP community, it's definitely not really huge but there's probably some dedicated RP clans there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Times like this make me wish Warhammer Online's RP community wasn't virtually dead thanks to its removal of RP servers amongst other problems.

I think a good vs. evil conflict is sorta necessary in any MMO for me. I think the conflict in WoW would have been further justified and believable if the Horde remained like the Old Horde.
    Last edited by The Cremator; 2011-03-29 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've joined Shadowclan (briefly) but I've little spare time for it, and it's something I'd like to spend a great deal of time on. Even so, I still enjoy the random RP you can get outside of the starting zones in Moonguard (US). For some reason, people do really roleplay a ton there. You just really have to turn off general and trade chat to get the full experience of it.

Deleted
    Following this thread. Also looking for good, non-toxic RP community somewhere. WoW's seems to be seriously in decline.

7+ Year Old Account
    You guys should go back to the roots with some MUDs to get your RP fix.

It's what I do.

Deleted
    I used to play MUDs back in the day, but the ones I've visited recently were either dead or seriously in decline as well. Suggestions welcome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriandr Zhora View Post
    I used to play MUDs back in the day, but the ones I've visited recently were either dead or seriously in decline as well. Suggestions welcome.
    mudstats.com is a good spot to look for numbers first, then find where you wanna spend your time.

You can go to browse and it will list how many people are playing, max number for 30 days, and it charts trends.