Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

4.1 WoW Enh AoE is _____________

I'm trying to come up with a nominal AoE rotation/prio ....

- Stormstrike as many targets as you can
    - Mamga/Nova
    - MW5 Chain Lightning

oh no Fire Nova makes me shake

help!
    Last edited by Muzzlok; 2011-03-23 at 07:26 PM.

I'm a bit confused. Are you basically trying to work out an AoE rotation to switch to, when not doing the standard [read: single-target] priority queue?

If so, I always went something like this: (mind you, I haven't played since December, so I could have a couple of things out of order now)

1. Refresh Magma Totem if CD is less than or equal to ~ 4 seconds.
    2. Fire Nova
    3. MW5 Chain Lightning
    4. Lava Lash
    5. Refresh Magma Totem if CD is greater than 4 seconds, but less than ~9 seconds
    6. Stormstrike
    7. New-thrown-weapon-thingy-ability-that-I-can't-remember-atm
    8. Flame Shock

Like I said, I haven't played in a while, and I'm looking forward to loading up the current version of enhsim to test the rotation. On the other hand, if EJ has a working AoE priority queue that they recommend, I might just stick with that, since my gear is still all blues. :sad panda:

Deleted
    Would you not want Flame Shock rolling on as many targets as possible?

for 4.1? normal single target dps on the tanks mob, drop magma if you want and tab you flameshock targets and spam fire nova when its off cooldown throwing in CL when malstrom is at 5.
    dont know how many flame shocks you can have up at once but firenova ignites them all hence the tab targeting...wasnt paying much attention to numbers but prety sure even on large packs the damage didnt go under1.5k damage and smaler packs 3k
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2011-03-23 at 07:49 PM.

I would imagine keeping normal rotation going, while switching target every time SS and FS is coming off CD, with a fire nova chugged inbetween as often as possible. CL instead of LB obviously.

That's been working fine for me on ptr anyways.

I'd imagine that fire nova would just jump in priority depending on how many targets are around you, with only 1 or 2, it would probably do just enough damage to rank over earth shock. Seeing as how fire nova will ignore the targets with flame shock, you'll probably want to rank flame shock pretty high just to get it on as many targets as possible, and ignore earth shock altogether.

15+ Year Old Account
    with glyph of flame shock and, for example, tidy plates with visible debuffs on multiple targets it will be menagable to maintain 5x flame shocks at once, it means 5x firenova on aoe fights i cant wait to try it out on halfus
    without glyph it will be 3x flame shock so not that bad to, compared to our curent aoe mechanic

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

I guess FS as many target as possible, UE before a Fire Nova (if UE is off CD or soon to be), keep the rest of the rotation, CL instead LB Drop magma Totem !

... coming to a screen near you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Are you basically trying to work out an AoE rotation to switch to, when not doing the standard [read: single-target] priority queue?

If so, I always went something like this: (mind you, I haven't played since December, so I could have a couple of things out of order now)

1. Refresh Magma Totem if CD is less than or equal to ~ 4 seconds.
    2. Fire Nova
    3. MW5 Chain Lightning
    4. Lava Lash
    5. Refresh Magma Totem if CD is greater than 4 seconds, but less than ~9 seconds
    6. Stormstrike
    7. New-thrown-weapon-thingy-ability-that-I-can't-remember-atm
    8. Flame Shock

Like I said, I haven't played in a while, and I'm looking forward to loading up the current version of enhsim to test the rotation. On the other hand, if EJ has a working AoE priority queue that they recommend, I might just stick with that, since my gear is still all blues. :sad panda:
    What you're forgetting is unleash elements.
    OT: Magma/nova, then ignore aoe and let someone else deal with it. (:

With the long cooldowns on those abilities, I don't see myself doing much anything different.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the redesigned firenova a very short cooldown?

Yeah it's 4 sec, so if adds are stacked near the boss, we could see some pretty nice numbers.

The annoying thing is going to be that Flame Shock/Nova have different CDs. Meaning we're going to have to delay novas occasionally to get the extra flameshock up. You have 1.5sec GCDs, 5-6 sec shock CD, and 4 sec nova CD, not to mention random procs on MW. This makes for an incredibly clunky rotation. It's just a lot of cooldowns/counters to watch while also having to switch targets in order to spread shocks around.

What sounds like a lot of fun to me is glyphing FS and rolling FS on 3 or 4 ads on Halfus, Maloriak, or Magmaw and then UE>FN. I never use FN so I don't know what it hits for, but it just sounds fun -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    The annoying thing is going to be that Flame Shock/Nova have different CDs. Meaning we're going to have to delay novas occasionally to get the extra flameshock up. You have 1.5sec GCDs, 5-6 sec shock CD, and 4 sec nova CD, not to mention random procs on MW. This makes for an incredibly clunky rotation. It's just a lot of cooldowns/counters to watch while also having to switch targets in order to spread shocks around.
    In other words, it's easy to bork it up, which means there's an element of good gameplay to it.

Which is absolutely perfect.

None of the decisions on what to use when will be particularly difficult, and those who choose poorly will have properly poor results. That is exactly how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In other words, it's easy to bork it up, which means there's an element of good gameplay to it.

Which is absolutely perfect.

None of the decisions on what to use when will be particularly difficult, and those who choose poorly will have properly poor results. That is exactly how it should be.
    No. In other words, they gave us a 4 sec CD on an ability we will almost never be able to use every 4 seconds, and balanced it's damage around it being used every 4 seconds.

It's the opposite of perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzlok View Post
    - Stormstrike as many targets as you can
    Isn't stormstrike-debuff exclusive on one target?
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

It'll be something like:

- Magma Totem if it's not up
    - Flame Shock (on a target that does not currently have flame shock on it, or on the lowest-duration
    - Fire Nova
    - Lava Lash, Stormstrike, or Unleash Elements whenever you have a free GCD

Also, MWx5 CL fits in there somewhere - exactly where depends on how many targets you currently have fire nova on, how many targets there are total, and if you have CL glyphed or not. You also want to shift the priority of Flame Shock down if the mobs are going to die soon - putting up a new flame shock on a mob at 5% health when you have 3 sec left on your FN cooldown is pointless, for example.

Practically speaking, though, you're just going to be tabbing around spamming MWx5-CL, Flame Shock and Fire Nova on cooldown and mashing other buttons when all three of those are on cooldown. AoE is somewhat chaotic by nature. Moreso for us.
    Last edited by Shamanberry; 2011-03-27 at 09:29 AM.

Anyone that's acually been trying this out on ptr?
    I checked it out briefly on multiple dummies but that was weeks ago. A bit worried about the amount of ramp up time we're gonna be looking at.

Something like a Maloriak Green phase, we'd have to start using FS on the adds a good 12-18 secs before aoe starts to be able to reach some semi-decent numbers.