Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So you expected the forum moderator to baby the topic and continually clean it out of troll comments on the off chance it might be a very long topic?

What's backwards here is your understanding of exactly how much shit ANYONE should care about someone's blog post on a forum they will never return to.
    Many people care. I am sad for the OP. Same thing happened to my guild at 4/13.....it's really sad. We were getting through content too. People on interrupts quit after days of one fight, healers give up after another and so on....and now most of us have left wow.

I have done a few heroics bosses and the problem with this expansion is that after killing those bosses, most of us always said 'thank god that's over'. The sense of achievement or enjoyment was completely overshadowed by the anger and frustration at the way fights were dependent on too many cd's, too much class stacking, too much rng, too unforgiving in 10 mans.

Good guilds such as method and cuties only ahve split, did you know??
    It's not just small guilds that are suffering.

10+ Year Old Account
    OT to the Blizz forum post: I too feel that Cata has killed small guilds. Friends who used to hang out with friends leave because...hey, they can get a 5% XP bonus over here! And leveling a low-level guild is pretty much impossible.

However, I feel no sympathy toward someone who thinks the new content is too hard. Really? L2P really just isn't an option? That's a damning testament to the lack of skill of so many WotLK-era players.

Finally, the thing that struck me the most: (s)he's going to go outside to play with his/her dog. That's cute. And a lot healthier than sitting at a desk, wallowing in sorrow over a damn video game. Go on a hike. Play fetch. Raise some kids. See outside the World (of Warcraft) on occasion.
    Buggins - 85 Fury/Protection Warrior [Caelestis Victor]
    Ellustria - 82 Feral/Restoration Druid [Apocalypse]
    Lanalis - 83 Retribution/Protection Paladin [Caelestis Templares]
    Erastmas - 82 Destruction Warlock [Apocalypse]

Quote Originally Posted by revasky View Post
    Careful people are gonna be calling you a blizz fanboy soon. I didn't realize the wow community was filled with so many tinfoil hat wearers though. OMG IV SEEN 100 IQUIT POSTS ON TEH FOREMZ IT MUST MEAN 23857901 PEOPLE HAVE QUIT AND BLIZZARD IS TANKING. When really there is no proof either way. The only people who truly know the numbers are blizzard.
    I know from the 3 servers I used to play on that sw and org looked emptier. On my main's server SW resembled dalaran for better part of the day and night.

---------- Post added 2011-03-24 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
    OT to the Blizz forum post: I too feel that Cata has killed small guilds. Friends who used to hang out with friends leave because...hey, they can get a 5% XP bonus over here! And leveling a low-level guild is pretty much impossible.

However, I feel no sympathy toward someone who thinks the new content is too hard. Really? L2P really just isn't an option? That's a damning testament to the lack of skill of so many WotLK-era players.

Finally, the thing that struck me the most: (s)he's going to go outside to play with his/her dog. That's cute. And a lot healthier than sitting at a desk, wallowing in sorrow over a damn video game. Go on a hike. Play fetch. Raise some kids. See outside the World (of Warcraft) on occasion.
    Method and Cuties Only disbanded too, big guilds sick of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by question1 View Post
    Many people care. I am sad for the OP. Same thing happened to my guild at 4/13.....it's really sad. We were getting through content too. People on interrupts quit after days of one fight, healers give up after another and so on....and now most of us have left wow.
    Th OP of that topic didn't care.

He posted on a lowbie character and posted only the one time. He didn't care about the people who agreed with him or the people trolling him.

Regardless, his message was not suppressed. It's still there. And now it has a blue post, so the many sites who track them will now track it.

I know from the 3 servers I used to play on that sw and org looked emptier. On my main's server SW resembled dalaran for better part of the day and night.

---------- Post added 2011-03-24 at 12:26 AM ----------

Method and Cuties Only disbanded too, big guilds sick of it as well.
    On Europe as well Pacifism, Operation Eskimo, Minions of Mithril and many more. Must be around 15-20 of the ex wrath top 200 or so. The 3 i mentioned where top 50 iirc

Deleted
    Look - whenever a blue lock a post they have to respond. It then ends up in the Blue Responses section on several website automatically so in effect, when a blue locks a post they make it (for a short period of time anyway) the most read post ever. I'm not even sure they realise this yet!

Th OP of that topic didn't care.

He posted on a lowbie character and posted only the one time. He didn't care about the people who agreed with him or the people trolling him.

Regardless, his message was not suppressed. It's still there. And now it has a blue post, so the many sites who track them will now track it.
    Hmmm I must agree to your last point. It was foolish of me to miss that.

Weird that they locked it at page 25 when it would have self locked on the next page. It wasn't deleted so it hasn't been supressed.

"The only people who truly know the numbers are blizzard"

Yes the only people who have the exact figures are Blizzard, the fact that numbers are declining is well established.

It was a nice post, I feel lucky to have a guild still functioning but thats mainly been due to newcomers who have left their dead guilds. We went from 4 10 mans + weekly 25 man guild run to currently 1 10 man of which 4 were guildies six months ago. I would say we used to have 40 people online at peak times now we are down to 15 or so.

We only managed to start raiding properly about a month ago as most of the healers quit healing and started DPSing. One thing i am noticing is there is so much more complexity in the fights. Compared to entry level raids such as Kara and Naxx 2.0. Discouraging to say the least. Gone are gearchecks such as Patchwerk. Now its a "You must know everything in the fight off by heart and not make a single mistake"check

Cheers
    Last edited by Gavstar; 2011-03-24 at 12:32 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    On Europe as well Pacifism, Operation Eskimo, Minions of Mithril and many more. Must be around 15-20 of the ex wrath top 200 or so. The 3 i mentioned where top 50 iirc
    I know some players from paragon left, any other big ones went down?
    On my server a couple of top 25 mans split to make 10s, but the 10 mans were so brilliantly tuned then 10s could'nt progress so they dried out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavstar View Post
    Yes the only people who have the exact figures are Blizzard, the fact that numbers are declining is well established.
    Do you like making statements where one half contradicts the other?

How is it well established? Show me.

Quote Originally Posted by Britomartus View Post
    Look - whenever a blue lock a post they have to respond. It then ends up in the Blue Responses section on several website automatically so in effect, when a blue locks a post they make it (for a short period of time anyway) the most read post ever. I'm not even sure they realise this yet!
    They don't have to reply, but they often do because people whine that their thread was locked with no reason posted.

"The only people who truly know the numbers are blizzard"

It was a nice post, I feel lucky to have a guild still functioning but thats mainly been due to newcomers who have left their dead guilds. We went from 4 10 mans + weekly 25 man guild run to currently 1 10 man of which 4 were guildies six months ago. I would say we used to have 40 people online at peak times now we are down to 15 or so.

We only managed to start raiding properly about a month ago as most of the healers quit healing and started DPSing. One thing i am noticing is there is so much more complexity in the fights. Compared to entry level raids such as Kara and Naxx 2.0. Discouraging to say the least. Gone are gearchecks such as Patchwerk. No its a "You must know everything in the fight off by heart and not make a single mistake"check

Cheers
    I only know a few people who have actually quit the game because they weren't having fun with it anymore. The rest got banned in the big ban wave a few weeks ago and didn't feel like rerolling. So no i don't think the numbers are clearly established. Guilds have bad turn over rates at the start of new expansions its always been like this. I will put this out there though, i know people are quitting this game. I wont deny that some are, but its not as bad as people are making it out to be.

memoirs of a suicidal wow player

"Do you like making statements where one half contradicts the other?"

You think that is a contradiction. Exact figures vs estimates/trends etc

Elections (exact figures) vs Polls (estimates within 2-4% accuracy)

Look up warcraft realms some interesting data in the weekly player activity graphs.
    Last edited by Gavstar; 2011-03-24 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by revasky View Post
    I only know a few people who have actually quit the game because they weren't having fun with it anymore. The rest got banned in the big ban wave a few weeks ago and didn't feel like rerolling. So no i don't think the numbers are clearly established. Guilds have bad turn over rates at the start of new expansions its always been like this. I will put this out there though, i know people are quitting this game. I wont deny that some are, but its not as bad as people are making it out to be.
    I have been there for every release since BC. I can not recall a similar situation with people leaving at this level, so early into any of the two previous expansions.

Look up warcraft realms some interesting data in the weekly player activity graphs.
    Oh goody. Another person that takes a website that says
    WE NEED YOUR HELP!

There are too few Alliance and Horde entries for this realm to give reliable results! Please help today by submitting data for this realm! Find out more about how to help here!
    on more than half of the servers I bother to check, some of them with very high populations, as a good source of information...

... too many ellipses...

I have been there for every release since BC. I can not recall a similar situation with people leaving at this level, so early into any of the two previous expansions.
    Some people are just in denial. The waves of people leaving usually are always at the end of the expansion, not at the very beginning. The people in denial are the same kind of people who didn't believe people would leave EQ 10 years ago for EQ-Lite in WoW. WoW is losing people left and right and all you need to do is look at the capital cities or at your own guild to see the truth. The cities (all of them) used to be full 24/7. Now, at peak hours, many of them are borderline empty. The shortsightedness and boredom of this expansion have ran off more people than all of the other WoW killers combined. What a joke this expansion ended up being

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    The cities (all of them) used to be full 24/7.
    AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa...

At least keep your lie a little believable.

Not to mention the OP didn't post in it at all past the first post.
    Why should they post anymore in the thread.

They said what they needed to say in the first post and that was that.No need to post again afterwards.