Heroic Magmaw Lava parasite kiting.

Our 10 man guild is about to start H magmaw and as the hunter, I will be on kiting duty for the parasites. my question is, what is the most efficient way to pick up the adds AND the best way to kite them? Do I kite the parasites down the stairs? Would that require a healer to go with me on 10 man?

I don't think it is feasible to kite on 10 man since that is 10% of your raid down and you will probably end up wiping due to lack of DPS or enrage (if there is one, not sure).

What we normally do is I (as a moonkin) solo the adds, you can also have a frost mage with a hunter trap to kill them all.

Mmm our 10man heroic group uses a Frost DK to kite them, the idea being he can hungering cold them far away as possible during the head phases so he can help dps still.

Deleted
    Hunter can still dps the boss while kiting that adds, probably making them the ultimate kiters, however it requires slightly more skill then a frost dk does kiting them.

What you want to do is.

Spec survival
    Before first adds, use aspect of the hawk and blow all your cds on the boss, do as much dps as you can.
    When adds comes up, switch to aspect of the fox.
    On every pillar of flame that comes up, use 2 multi shots on the pillar and if you for some reason miss any add, use some single on it like arcane shot.

Bring the adds out to a slow trap ( use explosive trap if you want aswell ), and just kite them round and round.
    Dps magmaw primiraly but reapply traps whenever needed and use a multi shot in the group of adds every 10 seconds or so.

Using this tactic you get alot of time on magmaw and can still pull 15k dps on Magmaw alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it even possible to kite the small adds down the stairs? I know Magmaw resets when you try to kite the large construct adds down there on heroic mode. I'd assume that this would apply to the small adds as well.

We have a Frost DK kite the small adds (25-man hc though). He'd just run around in circles with them. Even got the Parasite Evening achievement by accident last night

Deleted
    Just go round and round, dps add/head when you can. As DK I spec frost with Chillbains and its easy, can usually pull plenty of DPS on Magmaw/Add as well while my IT ticks/kills the adds. I put down D&D for initial threat and then HB, so I'd say put down an explosive trap on the spawn and then multishot twice for aggro. Depending on your kiting abilities you can either finish the adds solo before a new pack spawns or just kite a shitload while dps'ing boss/adds.