Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Patch 4.1 Public Test Realm Notes - March 22

Patch 4.1 Public Test Realm Notes - March 22
    The Patch 4.1 PTR Notes have been updated once again! My favorite part?

• All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
    • Maelstrom Crystals are now available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Achievements
    • A new feat of strength with an associated title, "the Camel-Hoarder", has been added for players that have bested Dormus and obtained the Reins of the Grey Riding Camel -- because there must always be a Camel-Hoarder.

PvP

Death Knight (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Unholy
    • Desecration no longer triggers when an applicable strike hits a snare-immune target. This is primarily to avoid unnecessary spell effect clutter during boss encounters.

Mage (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)

Frost
    • Fingers of Frost bonus damage applied to Ice Lance has been increased to 25%, up from 15%.

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Holy
    • Illuminated Healing shield duration is now 15 seconds, up from 8 seconds. In addition, Illuminated Healing has been increased to provide 1.5% effect per mastery, up from 1.25%.

Shaman (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Enhancement
    • Improved Fire Nova has been redesigned and replaced by a talent called Seasoned Winds. When an enemy spell cast is successfully prevented with Wind Shear, the shaman gains magical resistance (in an amount equal to what a protection totem/aura would grant, stacking with such buffs) to the spell school(s) of the interrupted spell (except for Holy spells), lasting 10 seconds.

Dungeons & Raids
    Dire Maul North

The Mechanar

Stratholme
    • Postboxes no longer require keys to open, because really, who locks their postboxes anymore when they're all undead? It's just people sending coupons for brains anyway.
    • The Postmaster now spawns when 3 of any postbox are opened.

Uldaman
    • The Staff of Prehistoria is no longer required to open the door in the Map Room.
    • Baelog's chest has been given new loot. If it's grey it's good, right?

Zul'Farrak

Guilds
    • The amount of guild experience rewarded for rated Battleground guild group wins has been dramatically increased.
    • Players are now rewarded guild experience for Honorable Kills in the field.
    • Players are now rewarded guild experience for Battleground wins in Battleground brackets up to level 80.
    • Arena teams are now awarded guild experience for wins. The entire team must be members of the same guild to earn this experience.

Items
    • All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
    • Maelstrom Crystals are now available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors.

PvP
    Arenas
    • The Ring of Valor has returned! It should now be playable again in the Arena map rotation.
    • New starting areas have been added for Ring of Valor. Players will no longer enter the Arena on the elevator. It's been removed. Instead players will start in a room at opposite ends of the Arena.

Quests & Creatures
    • Loot from the creatures Garr, Julak-Doom, Mobus, and Poseidus has been adjusted to be commensurate to their rarity and invested effort.

User Interface
    • The Guild Finder has been implemented! While we are continuing to add final polish to this feature, we welcome all focused testers to give it a go. Feedback can be provided here.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-03-23 at 03:58 AM.

lol more frost mage buffs

further evidence that 100% of blizzard employees play frost mages
    Last edited by orderschvank; 2011-03-22 at 11:14 PM.

yay for maelstorms it's more of a nerf/buff

I smell tears incoming for the Frost mage changes

Yay for fixed RoV

it's a freaking joke, why the hell do frost mages need a buff!

sixth =(

more buffs...

I wonder if they'll be opening up the Ring of Valor in Orgrimmar again now?

Frostbolt damage has been increased by 10%.
    Good I was worrying about them being to under powered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zkal View Post
    I smell tears incoming for the Frost mage changes
    You must not PvP.
    I will not say that I am guilty, for that denotes shame. Nor will I protest innocence, for I claim no such. Let the comedy begin.

Hurray for expensive crystals becoming pretty worthless. Yet another way Blizz likes to interfere with the economy

i like the determination to make Holy pallys' mastery worthwhile, it just hasnt even registered as useful at all so far, hopefully buffing it a little at a time will work out ok

Dear god the return of The Ring of Valor !?!??!

Still waiting for that 125 or 150 mount achievement

first the embarassing q&a's, now frost mage buffs, i should really find a new game

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    it's a freaking joke, why the hell do frost mages need a buff!
    Indeed... I don't think that I will ever understand Blizzard's logic... Seriously...

From what I can tell from the forums, mages don't need buffs? But, ok...

Dmg on frostbolt and icelance was surely needed,up until now it hit like 25-30k shatter combo.Most classes global more then that.

and there go maelstrom prices.. aswell as many other goods...

LOL frost mage buffs? Does blizzard play their own game?

Quote Originally Posted by aParadise View Post
    first the embarassing q&a's, now frost mage buffs, i should really find a new game
    rift all day