10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz415 View Post
    Here's a thought: they got 30-40 PCs ready for people wanting to play the game, yet many complain about waiting hours in line to get to them. Someone in this thread said he waited 4 hours for 10 minutes. If it were a 20 minute play time, he would have waited a lot more. GW2 didn't have half as many fans wanting to play.
    I'm not talking about just playing, I'm talking about the actual sneak peaks and such. We still don't even have a race confirmation for most of the classes yet and the game will be out in 3 months. GW2 for example announced all their races AND their racials already.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaztheweird View Post
    Where do you live that you only get 80 kbps? I honestly feel really bad for you. Are you in one of the rural parts of the US where the telecom companies have basicly said "fuck them, they dont get high speed internet because the profit margin isn't large enough"?

Pretty much. I live about 20min from the nearest decent sized town, the road I live on stretches about a total of 5 miles with maybe 15 houses on it. It's not PROFITABLE enough for them to run new copper wiring. So, I rely on an EVDO (3g) connection to do much of anything. My best speed I ever got was 150KBps, normally I hover around 75-80. Can't go to the library, I even asked the librarian (who I'm kinda cool with, we see each other a lot) if I could download a really big file and put it on an external drive and they shot me down, and I can't leave my laptop unattended or it'll probably be picked up by PD.

can't even get 4G out here. Once again, not profitable. plus, the terrain out here is kinda hilly, so it makes getting signals kinda hard. to get the 3G I need a nice big (about 9 inches tall) trucker omnidirectional antenna on the side of my house. beats the alternative, dial-up or satellite.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Has there been any word on whether or not we will be able to build our own lightsabers during the starting zones of the game?
    I think it would make the learning experience much more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Pretty much. I live about 20min from the nearest decent sized town, the road I live on stretches about a total of 5 miles with maybe 15 houses on it. It's not PROFITABLE enough for them to run new copper wiring. So, I rely on an EVDO (3g) connection to do much of anything. My best speed I ever got was 150KBps, normally I hover around 75-80. Can't go to the library, I even asked the librarian (who I'm kinda cool with, we see each other a lot) if I could download a really big file and put it on an external drive and they shot me down, and I can't leave my laptop unattended or it'll probably be picked up by PD.

can't even get 4G out here. Once again, not profitable. plus, the terrain out here is kinda hilly, so it makes getting signals kinda hard. to get the 3G I need a nice big (about 9 inches tall) trucker omnidirectional antenna on the side of my house. beats the alternative, dial-up or satellite.
    If you have the money/time you could do what I suggested and DL it from a hotel/motel with a fast connection. If the dudes are kind enough, you won't even have to rent a room. Also, there are tons of places that have free WiFi nowadays, have like 4 McDonalds in my town, all of them provide free high speed WiFi.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I'm not talking about just playing, I'm talking about the actual sneak peaks and such. We still don't even have a race confirmation for most of the classes yet and the game will be out in 3 months. GW2 for example announced all their races AND their racials already.
    Wel it's a bit different though, GW2 has no race/profession restrictions. Also, they haven't released their last class yet.
    It's true that they're a bit more open when it comes to info though. We haven't seen anything on the personal story though.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you live that you only get 80 kbps? I honestly feel really bad for you. Are you in one of the rural parts of the US where the telecom companies have basicly said "fuck them, they dont get high speed internet because the profit margin isn't large enough"?
    I know I have a similar problem at my parents (and future) house. I played wow and even casually raided up through BC on Dial up and then Hughes Net satellite internet (which was by far the best available in the area). Was a good 1200 latency all the time, plus limited bandwidth/downloading. You could literally watch like four 5 min youtube videos in an hour and go over the limit, which then shut down the internet for a solid 24 hours.
    About 20 min away they have high speed cable internet available, but not down my road.

There are places that have free internet, like McDonalds, Paneras, Borders, if you have At&t internet you can use Barnes & Noble internet

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    You do realize they won't be using that client for the actual game, right? Even if you DL that beta client, you'll still have to DL the actual live client when the game comes out. Good news is that the live client is smaller than the beta client most of the time. I'd say the live client will be around 30gb.
    Again, I think he was implying that he would download the release version of the game. The first sentance of his post was saying he wanted a "headstart" on the download, so not necesarily playing it early, or playing on private servers, just getting it downloaded early to play right as it goes live (or headstart begins).

Sucks. You could see if someone in a town near you is getting it as well, and see if you can get it from them over ethernet (would take .5 to 1 hours depending on the connection).

EDIT: If the library has decent internet, you could always find somewhere to hide the laptop while you are dling the installer. put it behind some shelves or something. It's risky, but if you go in on like weekday morning, there won't be many people there, so you could probably get away with it.
    Last edited by sammiam; 2011-08-19 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

I mean, you could always just get the disc when the game comes out. Your optical drive should be capable of downloading it in about an hour. Installing might take longer depending on your computer.

I mean, you could always just get the disc when the game comes out. Your optical drive should be capable of downloading it in about an hour. Installing might take longer depending on your computer.
    What if he wants to play early access?
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think that people that ordered the Digital Collector's Editions are getting boxed copies of the game.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Again, I think he was implying that he would download the release version of the game. The first sentance of his post was saying he wanted a "headstart" on the download, so not necesarily playing it early, or playing on private servers, just getting it downloaded early to play right as it goes live (or headstart begins).
    Bioware will definitely allow the game client to be downloaded well in advance. I am sure of this for people who have bought digital copies from Origin.com. I am assuming that anyone who has submitted an Early Access Code will also be allowed to download the client the same day it's released for the digital buyers. People are getting way too worked up over this. The game won't be 40gb. It won't be 30gb. I doubt even 20gb. Everyone who wants to download the client will have ample time to do so. Bioware is all about providing a smooth launch. If people can't get the client in time, they didn't do their job right.

Bioware will definitely allow the game client to be downloaded well in advance. I am sure of this for people who have bought digital copies from Origin.com. I am assuming that anyone who has submitted an Early Access Code will also be allowed to download the client the same day it's released for the digital buyers. People are getting way too worked up over this. The game won't be 40gb. It won't be 30gb. I doubt even 20gb. Everyone who wants to download the client will have ample time to do so. Bioware is all about providing a smooth launch. If people can't get the client in time, they didn't do their job right.
    Oh, I have no doubt about that. I got the CE, and it shows up on my Origin account, apparently ready to start dling when it becomes available. In all honesty, EA would be stupid to not do the same thing Blizzard does with their system to pre-download the game files.

Honestly, I just thought you were misunderstanding what he was saying, and trying to explain how I read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter

Will everyone who registered for testing be invited? or wil pre orders be 100% invited?
    SR: Wait and see

Didn't they say when they announced the sept. beta weekends that they wouldn't invite all registered? So whats up with this wait and see crap +_+
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

So, raise your hand if you get into a beta weekend and you play every class except what you plan to make your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    So, raise your hand if you get into a beta weekend and you play every class except what you plan to make your main.
    Of for sure. My guild is going Empire, so I'll probably make some Republic chars if I get in.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hna_B...layer_embedded

Here is some pvp from gamescom. I enjoy watching any TOR footage but seriously i'm getting tired of low lvl content all the time. I want to see some end level pvp. All these low lvl footage is giving excuses for idiots to bash the game, saying that the combat looks fail. Because all MMOs have superleetimbagosu combat at low levels right ? *facepalm

I don't think that people that ordered the Digital Collector's Editions are getting boxed copies of the game.
    Sorry, but there is no Digital Collector's Editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojobinks View Post
    I have mixed feelings about their current plans for end-game "raiding".

The whole article on pcgamer just makes it seem like their raiding is going to be so easy that anyone with two hands and one eye can do it. I don't know how I feel about this, it's very hard for me to imagine a WoW-style MMO without the WoW-style raiding. Before you people insult me for saying that, forgive me as I raided competitively (top 50 world guild from Sunwell until after t11 where I quit) in WoW for several years, and I guess I've just forgotten how to enjoy an MMO without it.

Like, they don't expect people to communicate on vent?? Are fights going to be so easy that you don't even need vent, are we going to be getting Vanilla-style raids, where the only thing hard about it was getting 40 conscious people to farm resist pots? They kept saying "normal mode" in this article, so I hope that "hard mode" or whatever they call the hardest mode will actually challenge me.

But I really don't know, personally. I don't know if I want to do the whole 4hour/4night thing again. I kinda don't want to, but what else will there be to do, I hope Bioware fills that void with other fun activities. I hope PvP will be competitive and better than WoW. Do we have any information on endgame PvP? Is there going to be a ranking system like WoW Vanilla pvp, where you get titles for grinding it out?
    I know exactly what you mean!

I am raiding competetive since BC and still am and after reading the PC Games article i was thinking:

WTF ? if raids are so piss easy why should i play the game because i love the challenge.

But this is because i don't do anything besides raiding in wow, because there is nothing interessting besides that in wow anymore) and i think in SWTOR there will be plenty of other things to do besides raiding so the hole idea of raids being easier might work well.

I use to take my laptop to Paneras and play WoW for hours, did the same thing at Borders.