Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Porca la madonna, sei un brutto stronzo ma forse hai ragione.

Translation: Maybe you're right
    Ecco un connazionale. Ciao fratello.

I'm not a bad tester. Not at all
    I'm a STALKER and I"m dangerous!

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Well with the character I've played the most, my level 23 Jedi Knight, I felt my story has just begun and I've been constantly wanted to know what happens next. This game doesn't try to throw everything it has right at the beginning and then fall flat the rest of the game. It feels like It's gradually increasing throughout the game and getting better and better.
    I whole heartily agree! Beta started yesterday for me, and all i think about when i am not playing is what super evil thing my Sith Inquisitor will do next! hehehehehehe
    I wasn't sure how i'd feel about all the VO and story, but after just getting to 16-17ish I can't emagine the game without it. I was playing today, and my wife just started healing on her druid, so i got on my heirloom pally to tank for her in BC and the whole time all i could think of was my Inquisitor and what evil she would bring to a new planet.

Quote Originally Posted by orren77 View Post
    cad-comic.com/cad/20110314
    haha those comics are pretty accurate for dragon age unfortunately. Anders really wouldn't be a bro without the bromance. eventually I got the points back and had to side him with him for his healing. no not that kind, I was happy with Merril.

Quote Originally Posted by angeli View Post
    Ecco un connazionale. Ciao fratello.

I'm not a bad tester. Not at all
    Saluti dalla Danimarca (sono un'Italiano perso per strada )

Translation: Same-Country-Bonding.

---------- Post added 2011-08-21 at 11:46 AM ----------

2 hour beta vid from Alter, the leaky king... http://www.alterswtor.com/archives/619#more-619

Also love the comment on it from some witty guys naming their account 'Daniel Erickson' and 'Dallas Dickinson'...funny stuff.
    Last edited by Jamos77; 2011-08-21 at 10:40 AM.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

I got back from Gamescom about 2 hours ago. I was there friday afternoon and saturday. Saturday was extremely busy everywhere.
    Got to play the origin worlds 3 times, my husband played 2 times. Each session was 20 minutes (I timed them) and not 10 as I read earlier in the thread. But if you play those 20 minutes fly past!

Here is what we got to play:

- Friday (queued for 2,5 hours): me Sith Inquisitor, husband Imperial Agent
    - Saturday morning (queued for 4,5 hours): me Jedi Consular, husband Smuggler
    - Saturday around dinnertime (queued for 50 minutes): me Imperial Agent, husband was off to play Jagged Alliance online
    We have all seen the lowlevel gameplay leaks I guess, so I won't get into those.

The game really looks so much better when playing then watching video's, even in HD! Combat and movement felt smooth.
    The SI start was the best for me storywise, but I actually liked all of them. Husband thought the Smuggler was really good.

The best thing: my husband, who is not a MMO-player but liked ME2, saying that he really felt he could get into this!
    The worst thing: I want MOAR MOAR NAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
    I got back from Gamescom about 2 hours ago. I was there friday afternoon and saturday. Saturday was extremely busy everywhere.
    Got to play the origin worlds 3 times, my husband played 2 times. Each session was 20 minutes (I timed them) and not 10 as I read earlier in the thread. But if you play those 20 minutes fly past!

- Saturday around dinnertime (queued for 50 minutes): me Imperial Agent, husband was off to play Jagged Alliance online
    We have all seen the lowlevel gameplay leaks I guess, so I won't get into those.

The game really looks so much better when playing then watching video's, even in HD! Combat and movement felt smooth.
    The SI start was the best for me storywise, but I actually liked all of them. Husband thought the Smuggler was really good.

The best thing: my husband, who is not a MMO-player but liked ME2, saying that he really felt he could get into this!
    That is also one of the goals of Bioware, to bring their fans from other games. I hope it works! :P

Glad you both enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by stikz View Post
    That is also one of the goals of Bioware, to bring their fans from other games. I hope it works! :P
    I hope too, I really want to play this together with him. He tried WOW in vanilla times, but his rogue there is still stuck at level 30 or so , it simply bored him.

I hope too, I really want to play this together with him. He tried WOW in vanilla times, but his rogue there is still stuck at level 30 or so , it simply bored him.
    Playing with your spouse makes a big difference. I can't even imagine playing MMOs without my wife now. It's infinitely more fun.
    Last edited by Akio; 2011-08-21 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akio View Post
    I can't even imagine playing MMOs without my wife now. It's infinitely more fun.
    You've sold me on the idea. When is your wife free next?

Seriously though, I've been trying to get my gf to play SWG and apart from the entertainer profession she's not that interested. I know what Ents get upto in SWG so I shut down that idea pretty quick.

There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

You've sold me on the idea. When is your wife free next?

Seriously though, I've been trying to get my gf to play SWG and apart from the entertainer profession she's not that interested. I know what Ents get upto in SWG so I shut down that idea pretty quick.
    Pfft! :P

And I guess entertainers haven't changed since launch then lol.

Playing with your spouse makes a big difference. I can't even imagine playing MMOs without my wife now. It's infinitely more fun.
    i wish there were women in my area who didn't think gaming was "OMGURANERDWTFGOAWAY". but, even if i did have a gf/wife, im sure they would end up annoying the shit out of me while we were both playing. asking questions all the time...trying to justify killing a boar...figuring out how a slime monster can hold money....etc. lol.

glad to be single sometimes. no one screaming "stop playing ur stupid game! we have to go clothes shopping!! QQ!"

Pfft! :P

And I guess entertainers haven't changed since launch then lol.
    Nah, just more expensive now ...blasted inflation!!!

Im sorry if this has been asked before (probs has with 1200 pages) but ive only been reading the last 100 or so.

Will there be a PvP set of gear with some kind of resilience? Because i hope not, one thing ive always hated about wow is that even though im a PvEer when i log on and want to go PvP i have to have a comtpletely difference set of gear just to stand a chance in bg's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    Im sorry if this has been asked before (probs has with 1200 pages) but ive only been reading the last 100 or so.

Will there be a PvP set of gear with some kind of resilience? Because i hope not, one thing ive always hated about wow is that even though im a PvEer when i log on and want to go PvP i have to have a comtpletely difference set of gear just to stand a chance in bg's.
    PvP gear will give a maximum of 10% bonus compared to PvE gear. So even with no PvP gear you're not gonna get slaughtered in PvP as 10% isn't gamebreaking imo.

It's been confirmed a few times and more recently by the developer in charge of pvp, Gabe Amantangelo only last friday.

Here is the interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhToJ9h0RmA&hd=1

Hope that helps mate.
    Last edited by Jamos77; 2011-08-21 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Orca
    [snip by Orca]

I've never seen what the big fuss over BC is.

[snip by Orca]
    It used to be the number one stop for SWTOR leaks. They had consistently new content that was usually very high quality. They had hundreds of leaked screenshots, some of the first leaked videos, etc.. Then when he announced the work on a talent calculator is was basically the peak of the websites success. The Q&A's were also really really good when they were first introduced. The problem with them now is that there's really nothing major to reveal. The Q&A's are basically just pointless now and serve only as reviews with poor structure.
    Wow. I wonder what happened. I initially heard about BC and went to the site only to see "we're moving" and then when the new site came up, they apparently didn't even bother posting ANY of the old content you mentioned. I can't understand that. As someone who used to do web sites for a living once upon a time, we'd never introduce a "new" version of a page or site until it had content and was ready to go. There's no way we'd go from [tons of great content (as it appears they once had)] to [completely blank and maybe we'll have more than a placeholder page in a week or two].

Thanks for clueing me in. Sorry I missed it. [goes back to checking all the other sites again]

well, just got what i hope to be my last 60 day time card for WoW. goes till Oct 20th. you hear that BW/EA? u got till then to get this game out!

PvP gear will give a maximum of 10% bonus compared to PvE gear. So even with no PvP gear you're not gonna get slaughtered in PvP as 10% isn't gamebreaking imo.

It's been confirmed a few times and more recently by the developer in charge of pvp, Gabe Amantangelo only last friday.

Here is the interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhToJ9h0RmA&hd=1

Hope that helps mate.
    thanks alot

Morning everyone, been a couple days since I posted anything.

Got some IA Operative skills on alterswtor in addition to a long stream of beta footage. The more and more I see of the IA, the more I can see it being an alt for me on the Empire side...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Morning everyone, been a couple days since I posted anything.

Got some IA Operative skills on alterswtor in addition to a long stream of beta footage. The more and more I see of the IA, the more I can see it being an alt for me on the Empire side...
    IA does seem to be a very cool class, if they could tank it would be my main instead of a bounty hunter.