Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    oh the irony after all the complaining you did.

maybe I should complain a lot.

the wait is still killing me.
    Just hope that if you do get a beta invite, it's not a weekend one. Don't get me wrong, I loved being in Beta, but now I know I'll be jonesing for the next 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Sigh... my friend asked me yesterday what games I would be playing that were going to be released soon, I said SWTOR and he went all rage going "Haha dude I saw the previews of that it looked GAY"
    Meh. Why am I friends with people like this...
    Traditional MMO combat is a tough sell. For your average gamer, they're looking for quick, action based combat. It's one of the reasons why Final Fantasy is in decline, yet Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls are booming. To appreciate games like Swtor and Rift, you need to be in to that kind of genre. Of course, you need a good game to go along with that, too. Even though Dragon Age Origins had a slower pace than DA2, it still sold much better because DA2 was awful (imo) and word spread quickly, while DA:O was a good game. People underestimate word of mouth.

If Swtor is good, then positive word of mouth will follow. The average gamer doesn't like WoW, yet it's extremely successful. It's all about word of mouth and having a great product to stand behind it. That's how Swtor will attract non-MMO gamers who may initially be skeptical of its combat system.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Traditional MMO combat is a tough sell. For your average gamer, they're looking for quick, action based combat. It's one of the reasons why Final Fantasy is in decline, yet Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls are booming. To appreciate games like Swtor and Rift, you need to be in to that kind of genre. Of course, you need a good game to go along with that, too. Even though Dragon Age Origins had a slower pace than DA2, it still sold much better because DA2 was awful (imo) and word spread quickly, while DA:O was a good game. People underestimate word of mouth.

If Swtor is good, then positive word of mouth will follow. The average gamer doesn't like WoW, yet it's extremely successful. It's all about word of mouth and having a great product to stand behind it. That's how Swtor will attract non-MMO gamers who may initially be skeptical of its combat system.
    I think you hit the nail on the head right there.

I just want to put on record, screw bioware for making me feel like a crackhead not once but twice. DAMMIT December hurry the hell up >.@

Deleted
    Hey,

Quick question here I'd like to know:

How will the servers work? Will it be possible to switch between EU/US servers or will it be like WoW with US/EU seperated? (Also for the keys; if I were to buy it in the EU, could I choose to play on US servers or are the keys bound to EU servers?)

Thank you,

- MK

Deleted
    you wil have EU & US based servers, but you are free to play on wich ever one you want, ofc if you are from EU & play on a US server lagg is to be expected (and visa versa ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by Magekid View Post
    Hey,

Quick question here I'd like to know:

How will the servers work? Will it be possible to switch between EU/US servers or will it be like WoW with US/EU seperated? (Also for the keys; if I were to buy it in the EU, could I choose to play on US servers or are the keys bound to EU servers?)

Thank you,

- MK
    Yep, as the poster above me said, the whole world will be playing the same client. You can go on any server you want.

Deleted
    meh , signed up for the beta as soon as the option text stood there:/ and still no beta...following this game since 2008..(since announced) and still no beta...fml...fml..;/
    to those in the beta, grats!:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    oh the irony after all the complaining you did.

maybe I should complain a lot.

the wait is still killing me.
    I actually found beta weekend invite in my trashcan....had like 8 hours to download and play xd

Deleted
    Hi,

Thanks for the responses above. I do have one more question <3

I'm still quite confused on the early game access procedure. I saw the following earlier in the thread:
    SR shot that down, and clarified you'll get in based on the time frame in which you put your preorder code in. Probably the first week or so of preorders get in on day 1, then the next week on day 2, after that they'll pick them by quantity probably, rather than date, since preorders probably tapered a bit at that point.
    Has there been any clarification on this matter? Aka, will it matter whether I pre-order the game now or like.. December 1? Will I still get the early game access on the same date, or will the people that ordered waaay before that get earlier game access than me?

Thanks!

- MK

Hi,

I'm still quite confused on the early game access procedure. I saw the following earlier in the thread:

Has there been any clarification on this matter? Aka, will it matter whether I pre-order the game now or like.. December 1? Will I still get the early game access on the same date, or will the people that ordered waaay before that get earlier game access than me?

Thanks!

- MK
    They've been pretty wishy-washy on this matter. They've stated both situations, that everyone who pre-orders will get the same early access, and that your early access depends on how early you pre-ordered.

Don't think they've clarified anything yet, we probably won't hear anything about it 'till sooner before launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm in beta D:
    Yay not often i see swedes in the beta When did you get the invite if you dont mind me asking?

Ah nm saw your reply a few posts above this

Deleted
    Worrying to have to test such a large system like the mod customization with only 2 months til early access starts. Months ago the game 'was done, we're just polishing it now'. They tested so many things in 2011 they leave the mod system til October to test? What's November's test schedule? 'We've decided to remove companions completely in testing'?

I understand people looking on positively at this news but ask yourself what exactly is the reason for this change? It's not a hypothetical 'what would life be like in TOR without the previous system'? It's a large system change 2 months from launch...there must be a major reason for it (unbalanced content, gamebreaking flaw in system etc). We won't know until December and hopefully Bioware will fix the problem that caused them to make such a change in the testing build.

Hope is cheap and i'm clinging to it!

I would love to have an elaborate modding system. If there's not one, it won't be a deal breaker for me. What I experienced this past weekend was just what I was hoping for. I may be easy to please, but I think the game is going to exceed my expectations.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by discopolice View Post
    woah, 600k preorders in US only! We can safely assum that we are up on the 1m mark with US/EU togheter and the digital download preorders that are not included in the vgc charts!

This week swtor had 60k new preorders us only so if we mulitply that number with the current weeks that are left until release (if the number 60k per week stays the same) we have 1m+ preoders in US ONLY. So im betting we will have 2m players US/EU togheter on release

I better hope Bioware/EA are ready for this and that they do not fail with the servers. Don't wanna se a Failhammer launch again, I want it to be as smooth as the cataclysm launch was, I had 1h downtime before i could start playing nonstop without any problems

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders.php
    Early Access will help mitigate a large number of these problems. If early access is staggered over a length of days lets say 5. It is easier for them to stagger out players across theses days. 500k day 1 400k day2 300k day3, ect. this will be much easier to handle then dropping everyone in on the same day.

The early access for pre-ordering lingo pretty much states this is how they are going to do it. And it makes sense.

The day 1 early access folks will pretty much all be out of starting areas by the time day 2 folks get in. This means that the starting areas wont be as overcrowded, ect.

Not to mention with the guild phase 3 they have been pretty genius in how they can assign guilds to specific realms.

Oh you want to use this cool pre-launch guild system? Sounds good we will tell you what server fits your preferences and put all your guildies on it.

^ is also going to help load balance.

I am thinking they are going for the best launch of an MMO ever. And if everything plays out, i think it will be the best ever.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 08:57 AM ----------

Hi,

Thanks!

- MK
    Theres been no definite comment on the game, but it is apparent that the later you pre-order the "later" your early access will be.

This goes back to my previous post, if they look on 12/1 and see 2 million preorders they are going to do the breakdown based on that info.

If you pre-ordered in the first couple weeks- first month and put in your code, you should get in on day 1, mainly so they can avoid the whole fiasco concerning the codes not going out on time ect.

There was what ~ 4-500k pre-orders in first month? This seems like a feasible Day 1 early access population. Since these people expect to play on day 1 since they ordered so early.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Worrying to have to test such a large system like the mod customization with only 2 months til early access starts. Months ago the game 'was done, we're just polishing it now'. They tested so many things in 2011 they leave the mod system til October to test? What's November's test schedule? 'We've decided to remove companions completely in testing'?
    I so wish the NDA was lifted.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Are you in beta, Mr. rhorle?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    This 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Now that you mention it, the same friend repeatedly bashed WoW and the fact that I played, since he played it at a internet cafe for 30 mins and "It sucked man". The only game he ever plays is COD and BF and he claims to be the gaming expert of the school... sheesh. Anyway, I'm ranting, sorry
    A FPS gamer slaming a MMO?
    /gasp

but yea i have a few friends like that, they enjoy text bombing me on raid nights..
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Maybe I'm just tired and not fully in control of my senses but I found this to be hilarious.
    Does anyone else get it, I wonder?

http://bash.org/?732536