10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    DA:O. Most certainly.

DA:2 however... I can most certainly say I was NOT a fan of the Combat change as a Mage.
    really? combat was the only think I liked about DA2 I just hope when 3 comes out they use DA2's combat and.... everything else from DA:O

About the 'internet/area' restriction, I REALLY think it's about connection speed, and they're just covering their asses. I know they said that they'd be releasing the client before, to allow people to have it DL'd for early access(having preordered within the first week im think I'll be 4/5 days wewt). but how LONG before? Say, 3/4 days, that's probably enough for most people, to DL to client in time for early access, BUT as we know some people have capped DL's or just live in the sticks and can't pull down massive amounts of Data, so it may take them 5/6days to DL the whole client, meaning even if they where given the full 5 days preorder, they may only get to PLAY for 3/4, due to their internet sucking. Is this lame, yes, is there anything BW can do? short of releasing the EA client about 2 weeks beforehand, no, not really. So they stick a lil note on the end of their post saying 'if your net sucks, don't come crying to us' and pray that this will stop the storms of potential nerdrage when people miss out on EA time because they couldn't get the client set up, will it work? Will it FUCK.

Also, this probably breaks NDA, but regarding the convo a few pages back about stats, does anyone know if they balanced out Block to make it a bit more attractive? from what I'd heard tanks just didn't bother with it, because stacking defense was just flat out better? Also does anyone know which attacktypes blocks work against(i.e can you block Force Attacks)?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Purely speculation: Stacking defense is not better than shield rating. Not sure on what the numbers might look like, but I think people that say shield rating blew and defense was the only way to go are silly.

The other thing, not sure. Too much NDA there.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    aah okay cool, I heard it was something to do with needing to stack shield AND absorb for shield to be effective, but if you spent all those points on pure defense instead, due to there being no DR you'd get better overall DR.

IF that is true(and tbh this is something a friend of a friend told me about 2 months ago in the pub so it's probably rubbish), easiest way to balance it would would be to let Shield work on ALL the damage types, while Defense only works on Melee/Tech, that way Shield gives lowers DR, but works against more damage types, for overall balance.

also just watched the IA vid... kinda boring tbh still going to roll a sniper for my first Dps alt, because, ya know... SNIPER, but that vid didn't fill me with anticipation in the same way some have, although I swear I saw a combat res used in there... after the frakkin huge bot turned up and roflpwned the companion. SERIOUSLY hoping they do better for the SI vid.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I could go into numbers and break rules, but there's no point. It's changing a lot and the results are hard to verify at this point.

So I saw a screenshot about lightsabers inducing bleeding.

That's all. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post

10 chars long AND?
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    10 chars long AND?
    Lightsabers would not cause bleeding..... the wound it inflicts would be cauterized.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Lightsabers would not cause bleeding..... the wound it inflicts would be cauterized.
    lol Was thinking the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleed effects are caused by using the force to rip open the cauterized wound. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Bleed effects are caused by using the force to rip open the cauterized wound. Problem solved.
    Sure. If it didn't say that the lightsaber made them bleed. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If what didn't say?

Also, I know your stance on TOR, so be civil in these forums. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    If what didn't say?

Also, I know your stance on TOR, so be civil in these forums. =)
    I will. Just poking fun at something that made me do a double-take.

With numbers and everything that would be in the way taken out. Not sure if that's NDA breaking but there you go.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-05 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's that from, combat log or chat? I'm gonna snip it so we don't get in trouble, but still curious.

It's part of a tooltip from an ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha. Kk

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Sometimes, but remember when Obi-wan cut off the arm of that furry thing in the cantina on Tatooine cuz he was messing with Luke? Yeah, lots of blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Sometimes, but remember when Obi-wan cut off the arm of that furry thing in the cantina on Tatooine cuz he was messing with Luke? Yeah, lots of blood.
    There are plenty of mistakes that you could watch and not take as fact even though they are in the movies. Watching that scene over again it appears that the arm cut off wasn't even the arm holding the blaster since the arm cut off has an orange jump suit. However that is the only lightsaber attack to not cauterize (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ponda_Baba). It is pretty safe to say it is just movie magic to give you the image of an arm cut and make it seem more real. Even later appendages being cut off in the movies don't bleed. As luke skywalker doesn't bleed when his hand is cut off.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post

SWs have a lot of spells that say something along the lines of "envelops your lightsaber in the Force, crushing your enemy under its weight".

So theoretically, the bleed could open in a different place, somewhere near the place of the saber strike, simply because of the pressure applied to the body.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-11-05 at 10:06 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All we know (based on movies) is this: Light-saber is able to BOTH cauterize and NOT cauterize the wound. I guess it's a "settings" thing. So no need for any additional rationalizations. Works as intended. No contradictions whatsoever. *waves* Move along.

Watching your opponent try to run away while bleeding when they only have a few hit points left is fun, it's fun to watch them think they got away from you but that bleed effect finishes them off. Yeah it doesn't make much sense for a lightsaber to induce such bleed effects, but fun is fun so why question it.