I know this is re-bringing up a discussion from several pages back, but from the timeline information available, Gnost-Dural's reports seem to imply a single emperor from shortly after the Great Hyperspace War to the events of TOR. It's either that, or the Sith are showing a unity and continuation of a single goal simply unheard of in their entire history.

EDIT: Just rewatched the latest timeline. Gnost-Dural actually directly states that the Emperor is the same Dark Lord that rose to power after Naga-Sadal's fall in the Great Hyperspace War.
    Last edited by Chrysia; 2011-06-08 at 02:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I've heard that those who wish to be "grey" will be at a disadvantage as opposed to those who pick a side. I understand why BW would do that. It would lead to greater immersion and more options for the RP community. When playing KOTOR, I don't think I've ever been fully LS. I know I've never been DS. I don't plan on it.
    http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...er-walkthrough
    The thing is though, they've said that you won't be at an advantage because of your story choices. In order for that to hold true, there needs to be gear for grey characters as well. And if it's a climbing scale for LS/DS gear, how do you do that for grey? It sounds like a big knot that needs to be unraveled, and I hope they are working on it.

In a game that features endgame progression, it would probably be unwise to limit people to strict LS/DS if the 3rd option of grey is there. It creates imbalance.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-08 at 02:05 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Non-gimmick, ranged tanks would probably be, in my eyes, one of the best gameplay features of SW:TOR. My first alt will probably be a tanking BH/Trooper

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Speaking on that. I hate that you can't switch your AC. I could care-less about dual spec. I just would like to be able test both the Tank and DPS of the Jedi Knight. But I hate Alts so I wouldn't want to have to reroll to experience it.
    I am in favor for no switching, but I think they should create a timeframe. Like, pre level 20 you can switch 3 times. Or, you have X number of AC switches per 6 months, or something like that. I think it should be very restricted, but allow for people to find what they want best. but I am not in favor of almost free reign switching because I never liked the idea of making people switch specs to raid. And that's where the abuse would come in. If each advanced class can perform 2 roles, then you always have a way to switch between tank and dps, or healer and dps. No class should have the option to do any of the 3 archtypes at any time they choose. I like the 2/3 limit.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-08 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    The thing is though, they've said that you won't be at an advantage because of your story choices. In oreder for that to hold true, there needs to be gear for grey characters as well. And if it's a climbing scale for LS/DS gear, how do you do that for grey? It sounds like a big knot that needs to be unraveled, and I hope they are working on it.

In a game that features endgame progression, it would preobably be unwise to limit people to strict LS/DS if the 3rd option of grey is there. It creates imbalance.
    I think that LS/G/DS should just have an effect on the overall appearance of your gear, rather than stat differences.

This does make for a lot of extra artwork requirements.. Its a tough issue to solve how alignment affects gear..
    Last edited by Entaaro; 2011-06-08 at 02:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New interview. A video will come soon that may have more info. But here is a few items from it:
    http://www.swtor-life.com/video/dani...revealed/2790/

It is highly unlikely that there will be a pre-release character creator like the one that was present in Dragon Age and Mass Effect.
    -There will be different size raids for different difficulties. It is not yet fully defined what those sizes will be for the bigger raid, but smaller raid will be 8 man
    -No dynamic content in the same sense as in Rift
    -Number of characters per server not defined yet. Guess is that you can have enough to play each class per server, but not yet sure.
    -Kicking people off a cliff in PvP matches – YES
    -Changing character look after you create it (barber shop) – probably not at ship
    -You can have 5 companions on your main character and 5 companions on all your alts and they will all be able to craft at the same time (offline queue) (please watch the interview for better explanation)
    -Crafted equipment is what you will need to go into a raid to get the best equipment ever on the server (please watch the interview for better explanation)
    -Vanity pets (sly smile – no comment – watch the interview – you will know)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I know this is re-bringing up a discussion from several pages back, but from the timeline information available, Gnost-Dural's reports seem to imply a single emperor from shortly after the Great Hyperspace War to the events of TOR. It's either that, or the Sith are showing a unity and continuation of a single goal simply unheard of in their entire history.
    As I posted earlier, there is, in fact an "Unknown Darth" who assumes the role of Emperor/Dark Lord of the Sith. It's not confirmed who or what is filling that role. For all we know it could be a council.

Apparently Palpatine learns his role from the "Emperor" in TOR. Kinda brings up questions. As there is a clear list of Emperors/Dark Lords that starts at around 3,678 BBY when "The Sith Emperor" returned with his Empire out of Drumond Kaas. After him is Darth Desolous (around 3500 BBY).

SWTOR takes place Between 3,643 BBY and 3,641 BBY. Right during the time of the mysterious "Sith Emperor"

http://starwars.wikia.com for further reading

The thing is though, they've said that you won't be at an advantage because of your story choices. In oreder for that to hold true, there needs to be gear for grey characters as well. And if it's a climbing scale for LS/DS gear, how do you do that for grey? It sounds like a big knot that needs to be unraveled, and I hope they are working on it.

In a game that features endgame progression, it would preobably be unwise to limit people to strict LS/DS if the 3rd option of grey is there. It creates imbalance.
    I assume that it's just easier to spend time on LS/DS equipment. I wouldn't mind if grey were in the game. I think it's more of a time/resources thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post

EDIT: Just rewatched the latest timeline. Gnost-Dural actually directly states that the Emperor is the same Dark Lord that rose to power after Naga-Sadal's fall in the Great Hyperspace War.
    Yea, they have a collective hatred for the Republic and what they had done to their Empire. So i guess they actually work together to achieve the specific goal of crushing the Republic, co-operating for an evil cause hehe.

The thing is though, they've said that you won't be at an advantage because of your story choices. In order for that to hold true, there needs to be gear for grey characters as well. And if it's a climbing scale for LS/DS gear, how do you do that for grey? It sounds like a big knot that needs to be unraveled, and I hope they are working on it.

In a game that features endgame progression, it would probably be unwise to limit people to strict LS/DS if the 3rd option of grey is there. It creates imbalance.
    Yea i agree with this, i mean players might even want to level from pvping and not care about the story. I can say that i might want to pvp alot with an alt to level it up and not focus on the class story. That can limit players to levelling in a certain way so that they can reach endgame and not be left out from the benefits others may get. I think they would fix it because they still have time anyway, so as to prevent players from playing in a straight line type of progression

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcisse View Post
    A good death, or a bad death? If good, then check this out.

http://darthhater.com/2011/06/07/fir...r-peripherals/

Died even moreeee. BUYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, after watching that video and hearing the Razor guy slip and say it should be ready for sale in Novemeber hopefully, I've changed my release date theory. I now predict it will be on my name day, November 7th. The only thing better than it releasing on my birthday though, would be for it to release before my birthday. =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, after watching that video and hearing the Razor guy slip and say it should be ready for sale in Novemeber hopefully, I've changed my release date theory. I now predict it will be on my name day, November 7th. The only thing better than it releasing on my birthday though, would be for it to release before my birthday. =p
    November 7th isn't a Tuesday! NEVER!

10+ Year Old Account

was this already posted?
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06...s-to-alderaan/

I am not sure..didn't find it in first post. sorry if it is here already

Deleted
    Personally I dont see why light / dark needs different equipment. Maybe there is a reason, im not really up on star wars lore I guess its nice to look light or dark.

Its going to be strange to be a full darkside republic, fighting with 7 lightside republics, against some darkside sith. Why wouldnt I join the dark side and kill my teammates for more golds?

Its going to be interesting to see how they handle this, but i will be disappointed if I feel i need to make my choices depending on not gimping myself at endgame, and not just being able to play freely.

Some MMOs are a huge pain because one misplaced skill point or stat point can break your character, wasting hours and hours of play (for an obsessive minmax character builder like myself ) But to do this through story would be even worse in my opinion. I want to make descisions on the fly rather than choosing something because it will give me light or dark points.

Im sure I am being over dramatic, and im also sure there will be ways to get your alignment up by grinding old quests etc, but since I am going to try being dark republic or light sith on a couple of my alts, I may already be pushing against the general flow of that faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    was this already posted?

I think that's new. i'm being lazy (or smart) and I just linked the main thread to the top of the first page for now. After E3, I'll update the main page. =)

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 07:34 PM ----------

Well, the reason you wouldn't switch to the other faction, is that LS/DS doesn't have to do with factions. You are supportive and a huge part of your faction, and do believe in it. but, you may have different ideals and ideas of how things should be done than the leaders of your faction. So a Jedi may think taking a life is worthy of the greater good, but the coucil would disagree. That's more how it works. As for gear, there are LS/DS gear that are the same, but have that different requirement. You may get lucky and get a drop that needs lightside, and you can wear it. You might get the darkside version though, and can't wear it because you are lightside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    was this already posted?

Don't like how the camera wasn't auto-centering. Please be adjustable! Please be adjustable!

Deleted
    so being say a darkside republic might result in you getting much more loot? if everyone is is playing as lUk3 5kYw4Lk3R full light side

ah another thing that worries me - if we are equipping our companions as well as ourselves are we going to see people 'needing' on your items to equip their companions?

also does anyone know if there is a shared storage? the endless logging and mailing drives me mad in wow, I really hope theres some sort of shared bank.
    Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2011-06-08 at 02:46 AM.

A good death, or a bad death? If good, then check this out.

http://darthhater.com/2011/06/07/fir...r-peripherals/
    Hideous and WAAAAY overpriced... i'll pass.