10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aaranu View Post
    Awesome post trolls, thanks for taking the time to put it together
    Haha Hey buddy. Glad I could pop your posting cherry on here

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Looking forward to this ^_^, and thinks for the Thread.

Deleted
    This thread i great.. Now i dont have to look all over the internet to find info about this game.. thanks for doing my work for me /hug.

Good stuff, but after reading a good bit I went to that link you said contained the best writeup thusfar.

Mind=blown. They should pay that dude.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Good stuff, but after reading a good bit I went to that link you said contained the best writeup thusfar.

Mind=blown. They should pay that dude.
    The one on the official site updating everything known so far? Yeah, that dude's a badass.

Wait a second, I noticed rodians are not playable as a race? Noooooooo...
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

WoW... can i say that space combat looks lame? I was expecting something at least Freelancer style, (i know the joystick is all but non-existent these days RIP X-wing vs Tie fighter) But a rail space shooter?....maybe if they make it as fun as Star Fox it'll be cool lol.

so far Guild Wars 2 seems to be the most exciting of the new MMOs to me. but i'll still give SWTOR a shot, tho the space combat is disappointing too me...

*sigh* they just don't make space games like they used too... *reminisces about Wing Commander and Privater*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Wait a second, I noticed rodians are not playable as a race? Noooooooo...
    Yeah =/

"If you can't imagine Leia kissing it, you probably can't play it" They said.

I really hope that changes at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Yeah =/

"If you can't imagine Leia kissing it, you probably can't play it" They said.

I really hope that changes at some point.
    Female Twi'lek it is then. I sure can imagine Leia kissing a girl Twi'lek
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

great thread Trollsbane, i gonna link it on the Unofficial Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    great thread Trollsbane, i gonna link it on the Unofficial Thread
    Cool. Thanks. =)

Nice post mate nice too see all the info needed on SWTOR in one place

10+ Year Old Account
    To drag it thru the fact checker...as you set it up as an informative thread and wish to stop repeating you might want to think about what you're putting in it that will cause people to question you.

"So it has all the endgame concepts that other MMOs have?"
    It sure does.

Yet to be shown, any endgame content other then 1 flashpoint for 4 people.
    What is missing from "all other mmo's"?
    No competive PvP has been announced yet in terms of Arena's, rated Battlegrounds, Sieges etc. Yes this is seen as Endgame for PvPers.
    No big party raids, it has been said something for PvE will be there but right now it's all wishful thinking and assumptions.
    No repeatable quests or solo content, yet to be announced aswel.

Only thing we know sure of that will be there at max level is the spaceship minigames and the 1 instance for four.

For the rest, looks correct would've thrown in more interviews that shown an other perspective to let them sort out the positives and negatives themselfs but you're emotionally invested in it and so think you managed to remain fairly objective with choice of highlights.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Excellent post, very well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    No competive PvP has been announced yet in terms of Arena's, rated Battlegrounds, Sieges etc. Yes this is seen as Endgame for PvPers.
    No big party raids, it has been said something for PvE will be there but right now it's all wishful thinking and assumptions.
    No repeatable quests or solo content, yet to be announced aswel.
    I believe all this was "announced" in one way or another.
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay then i'll gladly stand corrected with no problem, if there are any sources for this.

I know that there will be warzones and that they are tied in with the story what for me comes across more like conflicts you experience under leveling.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Now with the PvP War Zones, they are going to be instanced as well?

The PvP War Zones are very similar to what you see in WAR and WoW.

Will there be any instances of open PvP or is that something you have on your map?

Well, we haven't really talked much about that yet, but I'd rather not say much about that. But since other games have that, it's a likely assumption.

So you are looking at it?

We will have open PvP play and we will have instances, I'll just put it that way.
    Taken from http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/06...pvp-and-craft/

June 15th 2010.

Haven't seen much about Arena though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an pre-release AoC community veteran, i don't really like to go by assumptions

Yes, i'm aware of that article i'm more refering to the point of competitive, ranked PvP and capturable PvP objectives.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I believe that there is one quote, alone, that actually says they will have "everything" end game. It was very broad and all encompassing.

That Flashpoint is also not max level. Its mid-level.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    As an pre-release AoC community veteran, i don't really like to go by assumptions

Yes, i'm aware of that article i'm more refering to the point of competitive, ranked PvP and capturable PvP objectives.
    You wouldn't really compare AoC to this though, but be sceptical if you wish.

I'm sure there'll be an inclusion of competitive PvP from the impression given by the quotes, the form of which is ofcourse like most things, yet to be known.