I just caught back up, and noted that someone was complaining that the Republic knew about the Sith invasion prior to the events of Korriban.

The point of detail is, the Jedi hadn't been involved prior to that, and there had been no direct Sith action up to that point. It was all fleet-on-fleet, and I don't see "We are the Sith Empire" painted on any of the ships.

The Jedi Master's warning to Setalle, then, was to get back to the Republic to let them know that it was the Sith, not just some random fleet.

Deleted
    any1 know if the beta ha sstarted yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by biggielol View Post
    any1 know if the beta ha sstarted yet?
    Closed beta (aka: game testing) via random picks from registered SWTOR.com members that opted into the game testing program.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Closed beta (aka: game testing) via random picks from registered SWTOR.com members that opted into the game testing program.
    do u know if they're picking anymore? i signed up today uploaded my spec's etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they are.

Deleted
    Yes they are.
    tyvm

10 chars

I've been registered there for years now... nothing ofc

Yeah me too...oh well not sure i want to play the beta sorry ''test'' the beta hehe....i was in Warhammer beta from the very start of euro testing and it ruined the game for me a little.

I'll smother you in your sleep if you get in before me. (not really)

Though you stand a much better chance since you're from the UK, only USA and UK residents have been picked for testing so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    I'll smother you in your sleep if you get in before me. (not really)

Though you stand a much better chance since you're from the UK, only USA and UK residents have been picked for testing so far.
    Which bloody sucks. What, the rest of Europe isn't even on the map for BioWare?! I am truly pissed at them for ignoring a large part of the world. UK/US get to be picked for beta testing a year before the game is released and Europe 2-4 months. I wanna kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    Which bloody sucks. What, the rest of Europe isn't even on the map for BioWare?! I am truly pissed at them for ignoring a large part of the world. UK/US get to be picked for beta testing a year before the game is released and Europe 2-4 months. I wanna kill someone.
    Meh, to put things into perspective, they have over a million accounts signed up for testing and I'd guesstimate about a thousand active testers.
    0.1% chance of getting in, assuming you only have 1 account registered.

10+ Year Old Account
    They needed to setup servers across the pond. I doubt you want to play on the ones they were using for the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConsumer View Post
    It wouldn't have to be like a flying mount it could be like a speeder just hovering over the ground still it would be better and more BH-like.
    Define "BH-like"? If you liken it to other bounty hunters, then I can't seem to recall a single BH in Star Wars universe who would be flying around on a jet pack for extended periods of time. They simply don't have enough fuel supply for free flight/hovering.

It's Rocketeer-like, maybe. But not BH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    Consider this: they are holding a beta TEST so they can get plenty of feedback from those players that are selected, in order to make the game more bug-free, sort imbalances, polish the game and so on. Now, consider the average english skills of the average MMO player, which, as many know, are beyond atrociuous. If you were in Bioware's shoes, would you risk picking someone that doesn't even speak english at all, therefore rendering communication with your tester a lot more diffucult, or would you pick the guys that at least have English as their mother tongue (even though they've got no clue as to the proper use of it's, its, your, you're, plurals, singulars, or basically any other grammar rule involving the dreaded apostrophe, to name just a few)?

P.S.: English isn't my mother tongue.
    Last edited by delnadris; 2011-06-12 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwarden View Post
    Define "BH-like"? If you liken it to other bounty hunters, then I can't seem to recall a single BH in Star Wars universe who would be flying around on a jet pack for extended periods of time. They simply don't have enough fuel supply for free flight/hovering.

It's Rocketeer-like, maybe. But not BH.
    Yea I just saw a jet pack lasts up to 1 minute but still those speeder mounts are just ugly.I hope they make better models.

Quote Originally Posted by delnadris View Post
    Consider this: they are holding a beta TEST so they can get plenty of feedback from those players that are selected, in order to make the game more bug-free, sort imbalances, polish the game and so on. Now, consider the average english skills of the average MMO player, which, as many know, are beyond atrociuous. If you were in Bioware's shoes, would you risk picking someone that doesn't even speak english at all, therefore rendering communication with your tester a lot more diffucult, or would you pick the guys that at least have English as their mother tongue (even though they've got no clue as to the proper use of it's, its, your, you're, plurals, singulars, or basically any other grammar rule involving the dreaded apostrophe, to name just a few)?

P.S.: English isn't my mother tongue.
    In my opinion, they made the wrong choice by simply choosing their testers at random.
    From what I've heard (zomg leaks), there's as many trolls and whiners on the beta testing forum as there are on the public ones.
    Since they're only using a small group of testers anyway, putting them to certain standards would not be such a bad idea. At any rate it's a better idea than getting a bunch of 13-year-olds that lied on their application forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    In my opinion, they made the wrong choice by simply choosing their testers at random.
    From what I've heard (zomg leaks), there's as many trolls and whiners on the beta testing forum as there are on the public ones.
    Since they're only using a small group of testers anyway, putting them to certain standards would not be such a bad idea. At any rate it's a better idea than getting a bunch of 13-year-olds that lied on their application forum.
    This is true, but, there are also some very smart and helpful testers as well. I think they are smart enough to figure out who is providing feedback that they really listen to. Even the dumbshits help. They monitor where people die, what they are doing, etc. So yea, it's not as bad as it seems.

This is true, but, there are also some very smart and helpful testers as well. I think they are smart enough to figure out who is providing feedback that they really listen to. Even the dumbshits help. They monitor where people die, what they are doing, etc. So yea, it's not as bad as it seems.
    I guess you have a good point with the metrics. For those to be useful, the testing group would have to be representative of the game's launch demographic.
    In other words; mostly idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMC89 View Post
    How many "common enemies" are there going to be in this game for both factions?

It's obviously Republic v Empire, just as WoW is Alliance v Horde, but the latter game has powerful, intelligent villains such as Illidan, The Lich King, Ragnaros, Deathwing etc. whereas thinking in the Star Wars universe, I can only really imagine *big* bosses to be giant, dumb monsters unlikely to have much of a story or a purpose to their actions (or at most a powerful guy that defects from either faction into the middle).

I always considered the two warring factions to be secondary in WoW to the real fights against those out to destroy the world (heck, for a lot of the game alliances between the two factions are suggested for the greater good), but in the Star Wars universe the villains are usually the ones on the other faction - so far this game doesn't look like it's going to focus more on PvP than anything else, which I would hope for if my true enemy was an ally of players on the opposing faction.
    There are no real common enemies, at least nothing lore-changing enough to get the Empire and Republic to work together.

The way they are handling this is to give the Empire and Republic different reasons to do the same thing. Let's take a fairly well known Sith character, Marka Ragnos. Let's say his Sith-version of a Force Ghost is an end boss. The Republic's questline for going in would probably be to stop him from coming back and imprison him in an artifact of some kind. The Empire's reason for going in would probably be to learn dark secrets and gain massive powers or something similar.

In fact, that's pretty much the plot of the Eternity Vault. A lot of terrible galaxy-destroying things are in there. The Republic wants to close it up and save the galaxy. The Empire wants to learn the guarded secrets and take over the galaxy.

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheConsumer View Post
    Yea I just saw a jet pack lasts up to 1 minute but still those speeder mounts are just ugly.I hope they make better models.
    They confirmed during the video that there are a ton more models and even Faction-specific ones. They only showed two through all of E3.

They also confirmed you'll be able to 'steal' the opposing faction's mounts.