10+ Year Old Account
    Just got done reading the 9 page NDA. They cover pretty much anything and everything...

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    They also confirmed you'll be able to 'steal' the opposing faction's mounts.
    Where was this? Is it like GTA? haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Where was this? Is it like GTA? haha
    On the Tatooine game-play video with DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    On the Tatooine game-play video with DE.
    Dang must of missed it. Gotta rewatch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Dang must of missed it. Gotta rewatch it.
    It's right after he gets into the valley where they get the compass. Just after the first group of Sand People.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be able to jack one like in GTA, violent yet satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by thenextaverageguy View Post
    Should be able to jack one like in GTA, violent yet satisfying.
    I want to be able to bash his head into the steering wheel and throw him to the ground, then run him over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww yea. XD

I hope they don't plan to keep those ridiculously slow mini bikes. I really had to laugh when I saw them driving around.
    They look like 10 year old children would drive them in the Star Wars Universe :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I hope they don't plan to keep those ridiculously slow mini bikes. I really had to laugh when I saw them driving around.
    They look like 10 year old children would drive them in the Star Wars Universe :>
    well its not gunna be the only ride, they said they changed it out cause the one they had before was " to big" they also stated that there are different rides, haven't seen the rest look like but i was listening to their E3 feed/ video of them playing the game over stream
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Of course they are. What you obviously didn't take into account is that they probably will end up with different speed levels at some point once they flesh it out. You know, just so low level characters have something to move around moderately fast and for experienced characters to move far faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I don't ever remember the devs saying this. They designed everything with PvP in mind, not soley around PvP. At the end of the day SWTOR is still a PvE game with PvP. Granted it looks like they are handling it better than most. But, we'll see about that.
    Combat in SWTOR compared to WoW for example was designed around Player vs Player (u dont see players one shoting mobs of equal level or similar crap) , not solely around PvP true but designed to fit into PvP without having complications for PvE flashpoints and operations(raids)

Also the "PvE game with PvP aspect" argument is just stupid , i hate every time i see people saying that ,using that logic i could say Counter Strike is a PvE game with PvP aspect because it has "quests" to deactivate C4 bomb or rescue hostages...

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on the bolded part here, as on PvP servers you cannot get Banned for griefing that is a result of constant ganking of characters, that is the entire point of PvP servers, and it is even stated within the GM ticket question tab that Ganking is not a reportable offence on PvP servers and will not be looked into at all unless they were exploiting to do it.
    Point of PvP servers is to be able to engage into PvP 24/7 not group of people corpse camping some guy and spaming emotes/yells and thinking its "skill"

Alot of stuff in WoW falls into griefing term , for example for last year's Brewfest i was playing on a PvE server where there was a Night Elf rogue on a mammoth mount standing on top of quest giver infront of Orgrimmar thus preventing people from getting that quest , he was standing there for a solid 5 hours if not more even tho people made alts to whisper him to move and some even offered gold ...

He got a one week ban for griefing ...

My point is if your actions in PvP are just to piss off people or anoy them its considered griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Combat in SWTOR compared to WoW for example was designed around Player vs Player (u dont see players one shoting mobs of equal level or similar crap) , not solely around PvP true but designed to fit into PvP without having complications for PvE flashpoints and operations(raids)

Also the "PvE game with PvP aspect" argument is just stupid , i hate every time i see people saying that ,using that logic i could say Counter Strike is a PvE game with PvP aspect because it has "quests" to deactivate C4 bomb or rescue hostages...

Point of PvP servers is to be able to engage into PvP 24/7 not group of people corpse camping some guy and spaming emotes/yells and thinking its "skill"

Alot of stuff in WoW falls into griefing term , for example for last year's Brewfest i was playing on a PvE server where there was a Night Elf rogue on a mammoth mount standing on top of quest giver infront of Orgrimmar thus preventing people from getting that quest , he was standing there for a solid 5 hours if not more even tho people made alts to whisper him to move and some even offered gold ...

My point is if your actions in PvP are just to piss off people or anoy them its considered griefing.
    Comparing someone purposely blocking a quest-giver for their own faction on a PvE Server, to someone camping someone of the opposite Faction on a PvP Server is like Comparing Apples to Quantum Mechanics.

OT: I JUST WANT THIS GAME NOW DAG NABBIT. i spend more time a day wanting Sw:tor than i do wanting Women D:

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post

It will still be a PvE game with PvP. Just because you don't want it to be, it is. It handles PvP better than WoW, but it is still a PvE game primarily.

Comparing Counter Strike's "quests" that disarm bombs to SW:ToR's 4man Flashpoints and XXman Operations (raids) is idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Of course they are. What you obviously didn't take into account is that they probably will end up with different speed levels at some point once they flesh it out. You know, just so low level characters have something to move around moderately fast and for experienced characters to move far faster.
    They should just make it some transport animal for the slow mount. A Bantha or something for Tattoine... a Tauntaun for snow worlds etc... but not some slow ass minispeeder that looks like it came out of a toy factory. Even Luke Skywalkers rustbucket looks like a racing car compared to that.
    People are going to laugh their asses off if they keep it that way.

People are going to laugh their asses off if they keep it that way.
    I know i won't laugh cause personally i don't care what it looks like, once it gets me to places i want to go properly without being buggy or being too big where players can block people from talking to NPCs/looting stuff. And it's just one mount anyways, a low level one at that so i couldn't care less.

10+ Year Old Account
    some info taken from http://www.askajedi.com/2011/06/10/e...deo-interview/

Ask A Jedi: When are players able to obtain their first player-controlled vehicle?

Daniel Erickson: In the mid-20s… but again you know, things may change. Things may change from testing, none of these answers should be taken as launch!

Ask A Jedi: Is it received as a reward, or through some other system such as building it through Crew Skills or simply purchasing it?

Daniel Erickson: It’s purchased. You have to get a license. Then you can buy multiple speeders, there are different speeders that have different cool looks. Some are harder to find than others. It is also very possible, but very difficult, to steal one from the other faction.

Ask A Jedi: Are there “class specific” vehicles as there are for starships?

Daniel Erickson: There are “themed” ones as far as we can say right now.

Ask A Jedi: Will we see both ground-based and air-based (atmospheric) vehicles?

Daniel Erickson: There’s really not much tradition of atmosphere… we don’t really have jets in Star Wars. Even the Snow Speeders are just a little bit higher… and then after that you’re up in space. So, at least for launch we’re not going in that direction. Our worlds are definitely not built for flying mounts. There was never a thought for that.

Ask A Jedi: Will it be just mechanical mounts for now?

Daniel Erickson: Correct. We needed to do one to really roll it out. It works to have your speeder on Hoth. It doesn’t really work to have your Taun-Taun on Corellia.

Ask A Jedi: Will there be models that can be be ridden on by multiple players at a time?

Daniel Erickson: Definitely not at launch. Any time you grab multiple people and hold them into a forced state – huge amount of programming issues!

Ask A Jedi: Is there any sort of combat that can be accomplished on vehicles?

Daniel Erickson: Right now, they’re transportation only.

Ask A Jedi: How about customization of the vehicles?

Daniel Erickson: Right now it’s just buy another one. My guess is you’ll get ship customization for cosmetics before you get speeder customization.
    Last edited by Omians; 2011-06-13 at 05:42 AM.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Ok, i'm through waiting, i just want this game to release already. It's to the point where I cant even stomach logging onto WoW these days, and I can only go to the gym for so long. I hate TV (other than watching Hockey.) Guess I could go to the bar more often... but that means spending money, which I'm trying to save for my new computer. Talk about conundrum...

ME WANT SWTOR!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    Ok, i'm through waiting, i just want this game to release already. It's to the point where I cant even stomach logging onto WoW these days, and I can only go to the gym for so long. I hate TV (other than watching Hockey.) Guess I could go to the bar more often... but that means spending money, which I'm trying to save for my new computer. Talk about conundrum...

ME WANT SWTOR!!!
    I agree. Watch Game of Thrones in the meantime. It's pure win. Or read the books, they are even better.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post

ME WANT SWTOR!!!
    You are not the only one. Right now all I can do is study for my exams (with disgust - criminal law, bleh) and play BF2 for an hour or two maximum or GTA IV. No other game can hold my attention because I want to play ToR. It is going to be a long wait until Sep/Oct or whenever it releases. The bad thing for me is that I have state exams at the end of this year which is also a bit of a good thing to be honest because I will have something to focus on during the summer instead of daydreaming about ToR. But then again if they open European beta, which I think they will, and I get picked it's game over for the exams Talk about wrong priorities....