1. #4501
    Epic! Omians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,694
    some info taken from http://www.askajedi.com/2011/06/10/e...deo-interview/
    _____________________________________________
    Vehicles

    Ask A Jedi: When are players able to obtain their first player-controlled vehicle?

    Daniel Erickson: In the mid-20s… but again you know, things may change. Things may change from testing, none of these answers should be taken as launch!

    Ask A Jedi: Is it received as a reward, or through some other system such as building it through Crew Skills or simply purchasing it?

    Daniel Erickson: It’s purchased. You have to get a license. Then you can buy multiple speeders, there are different speeders that have different cool looks. Some are harder to find than others. It is also very possible, but very difficult, to steal one from the other faction.

    Ask A Jedi: Are there “class specific” vehicles as there are for starships?

    Daniel Erickson: There are “themed” ones as far as we can say right now.

    Ask A Jedi: Will we see both ground-based and air-based (atmospheric) vehicles?

    Daniel Erickson: There’s really not much tradition of atmosphere… we don’t really have jets in Star Wars. Even the Snow Speeders are just a little bit higher… and then after that you’re up in space. So, at least for launch we’re not going in that direction. Our worlds are definitely not built for flying mounts. There was never a thought for that.

    Ask A Jedi: Will it be just mechanical mounts for now?

    Daniel Erickson: Correct. We needed to do one to really roll it out. It works to have your speeder on Hoth. It doesn’t really work to have your Taun-Taun on Corellia.

    Ask A Jedi: Will there be models that can be be ridden on by multiple players at a time?

    Daniel Erickson: Definitely not at launch. Any time you grab multiple people and hold them into a forced state – huge amount of programming issues!

    Ask A Jedi: Is there any sort of combat that can be accomplished on vehicles?

    Daniel Erickson: Right now, they’re transportation only.

    Ask A Jedi: How about customization of the vehicles?

    Daniel Erickson: Right now it’s just buy another one. My guess is you’ll get ship customization for cosmetics before you get speeder customization.
    Last edited by Omians; 2011-06-13 at 05:42 AM.
    Omians- 90 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream
    Pokemon Friend Code- 4382 - 3430 - 6494

  2. #4502
    Ok, i'm through waiting, i just want this game to release already. It's to the point where I cant even stomach logging onto WoW these days, and I can only go to the gym for so long. I hate TV (other than watching Hockey.) Guess I could go to the bar more often... but that means spending money, which I'm trying to save for my new computer. Talk about conundrum...

    ME WANT SWTOR!!!

  3. #4503
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    Ok, i'm through waiting, i just want this game to release already. It's to the point where I cant even stomach logging onto WoW these days, and I can only go to the gym for so long. I hate TV (other than watching Hockey.) Guess I could go to the bar more often... but that means spending money, which I'm trying to save for my new computer. Talk about conundrum...

    ME WANT SWTOR!!!
    I agree. Watch Game of Thrones in the meantime. It's pure win. Or read the books, they are even better.

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  4. #4504
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    Ok, i'm through waiting, i just want this game to release already. It's to the point where I cant even stomach logging onto WoW these days, and I can only go to the gym for so long. I hate TV (other than watching Hockey.) Guess I could go to the bar more often... but that means spending money, which I'm trying to save for my new computer. Talk about conundrum...

    ME WANT SWTOR!!!
    You are not the only one. Right now all I can do is study for my exams (with disgust - criminal law, bleh) and play BF2 for an hour or two maximum or GTA IV. No other game can hold my attention because I want to play ToR. It is going to be a long wait until Sep/Oct or whenever it releases. The bad thing for me is that I have state exams at the end of this year which is also a bit of a good thing to be honest because I will have something to focus on during the summer instead of daydreaming about ToR. But then again if they open European beta, which I think they will, and I get picked it's game over for the exams Talk about wrong priorities....

  5. #4505
    Legendary quote:

    Also the "PvE game with PvP aspect" argument is just stupid , i hate every time i see people saying that ,using that logic i could say Counter Strike is a PvE game with PvP aspect because it has "quests" to deactivate C4 bomb or rescue hostages...

  6. #4506
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I agree. Watch Game of Thrones in the meantime. It's pure win. Or read the books, they are even better.
    Surprisingly I've read every book and yes they're an amazing read.

    ---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 06:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    You are not the only one. Right now all I can do is study for my exams (with disgust - criminal law, bleh) and play BF2 for an hour or two maximum or GTA IV. No other game can hold my attention because I want to play ToR. It is going to be a long wait until Sep/Oct or whenever it releases. The bad thing for me is that I have state exams at the end of this year which is also a bit of a good thing to be honest because I will have something to focus on during the summer instead of daydreaming about ToR. But then again if they open European beta, which I think they will, and I get picked it's game over for the exams Talk about wrong priorities....
    Now now Ash, education should always take precedence over a game. :P Like I'm one to talk since I plan on taking a week off just to play ToR. LOL I'm such a hypocrite :P

  7. #4507
    Dammit, I'm craving Tor bad now =.=
    I just looked back at what I did today:
    Played Mass effect for a couple hours.
    Vegetated to a firefly/cowbody bebop marathon
    popped in Kotor 2 and hit up SWG for the last day of the trial I started a week or so back.

    I need to step back from the space games for a minute and hit up Game of Thrones.

  8. #4508
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Well, from the accidental leak from the Razor rep saying their TOR products will probably be out in November, we have a wait. Expect the game Oct/early November.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-13 at 07:10 AM.

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  9. #4509
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Well, from the accidental leak from the Razor rep saying their TOR products will probably be out in November, we have a wait. Expect the game Oct/early November.
    Bah! I remember hearing the guy saying that but it never clicked. Ugh... I hate the waiting game.

  10. #4510
    Epic! Omians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Well, from the accidental leak from the Razor rep saying their TOR products will probably be out in November, we have a wait. Expect the game Oct/early November.
    it could be november or its not.. a lot of places put November as a placeholder date, but we will have to see

    im curious as to when they say they won't tell the date because it will be funny.. i wonder if its a hint anything
    Omians- 90 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream
    Pokemon Friend Code- 4382 - 3430 - 6494

  11. #4511
    Something i had thought of .. no auto attack possibly being detramental to the game. well i just recently jumped on the emu server for the first time in a long while. Started leveling up a brawler and realized. SWG never had auto attack either. There was a basic atack but you had to press it. so yea .. i don't think no auto attack will be a problem.

  12. #4512
    Epic! Omians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    Something i had thought of .. no auto attack possibly being detramental to the game. well i just recently jumped on the emu server for the first time in a long while. Started leveling up a brawler and realized. SWG never had auto attack either. There was a basic atack but you had to press it. so yea .. i don't think no auto attack will be a problem.
    i think no auto attack would work fairly well, make people pay attention instead of setting your person to auto and alt tab for a moment, or play the 360 or what ever system they have
    Omians- 90 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream
    Pokemon Friend Code- 4382 - 3430 - 6494

  13. #4513
    The Patient Devirae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    273
    As long as there is no ''auto-attack'' ability that is off the GCD and needs to be spammed the whole time there shouldn't be a problem, casters usually don't have one either. If it's neccesairy to spam something the whole time to keep up in damage, pray it can be macro'd, though I doubt Bioware would be so stupid to design the combat that way.

  14. #4514
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Comparing someone purposely blocking a quest-giver for their own faction on a PvE Server, to someone camping someone of the opposite Faction on a PvP Server is like Comparing Apples to Quantum Mechanics.

    OT: I JUST WANT THIS GAME NOW DAG NABBIT. i spend more time a day wanting Sw:tor than i do wanting Women D:
    They werent just corpse camping him ... seriously sometimes i have a feeling people are just trying to provoke other people for the sake of internet argument >.>

    Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    It will still be a PvE game with PvP. Just because you don't want it to be, it is. It handles PvP better than WoW, but it is still a PvE game primarily.

    Comparing Counter Strike's "quests" that disarm bombs to SW:ToR's 4man Flashpoints and XXman Operations (raids) is idiotic.
    If u didnt see the point i was trying to make i bid u farewell and wont respond to you anymore , because its pointless arguing with ignorant people...

  15. #4515
    The Patient Devirae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    273
    So I just checked a video of the starting area I will be starting in, and I really love the highlandish style mixed with the concrete compounds and ruins. And yes I'm gonna be a Jedi Knight just like Luke and I don't give a damn of what you think about it, you evil Sithies!!

  16. #4516
    Quote Originally Posted by Devirae View Post
    So I just checked a video of the starting area I will be starting in, and I really love the highlandish style mixed with the concrete compounds and ruins. And yes I'm gonna be a Jedi Knight just like Luke and I don't give a damn of what you think about it, you evil Sithies!!
    Too bad if I choose a Trooper I can't pull an Order 66 on ya'. I would love to see your smug Jedi face when you see a big ass cannon firing at you.

  17. #4517
    Quote Originally Posted by jess0r View Post
    Ye Tatooine was pretty cool, just hope they add some more dust flying around or something because the sand looked a little weird/plastic imo.
    Yep it did... But there are still a lot of things they ned to fix. Esp the companions sitting in yur face all the time.

    For release I Think they will be pushing for this year. You DO NOT want to mis the Christmas revenue.

  18. #4518
    The Patient Devirae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    Too bad if I choose a Trooper I can't pull an Order 66 on ya'. I would love to see your smug Jedi face when you see a big ass cannon firing at you.
    But ... but.. why would you want to do that anyway? We're supposed to be in it together this time besides all I'd want to do is save the galaxy and make it a better place for the lesser gifted

    edit: Bah after not having paid attention to this game for several years, and now getting into it more and more, I'm really sad it's not out yet lol.

    I mean having your own pet Wookie (smuggler I suppose?), how friggin' cool is that?!

    It also reminds me of my lack of knowledge of the Star Wars universe -,-
    The more time I spend on SW-wiki the more pages I end up with to read
    Last edited by Devirae; 2011-06-13 at 10:04 AM.

  19. #4519
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Also the "PvE game with PvP aspect" argument is just stupid , i hate every time i see people saying that ,using that logic i could say Counter Strike is a PvE game with PvP aspect because it has "quests" to deactivate C4 bomb or rescue hostages...
    The problem with that is, CS is billed as an online PvP game. That's the selling point. So, CS is PvP with SOME PvE elements. MW and CoD games would be similar. It's a PvP game with a PvE element. The focal point of those games is the PvP.

    It's just like in WoW, all the news you see, hear and read is about the new raiding tier ... oh and hey a new PvP Season. BW has even stated that leveling up through PvP isn't recommended and will be very difficult. It doesn't FORCE you to PvE, but you'd be better off doing the PvE portion.

    Not saying I won't PvP in SWTOR. Just as long as it's not as bad as WoW's.

  20. #4520
    Epic! Omians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    The problem with that is, CS is billed as an online PvP game. That's the selling point. So, CS is PvP with SOME PvE elements. MW and CoD games would be similar. It's a PvP game with a PvE element. The focal point of those games is the PvP.

    It's just like in WoW, all the news you see, hear and read is about the new raiding tier ... oh and hey a new PvP Season. BW has even stated that leveling up through PvP isn't recommended and will be very difficult. It doesn't FORCE you to PvE, but you'd be better off doing the PvE portion.

    Not saying I won't PvP in SWTOR. Just as long as it's not as bad as WoW's.
    i hope its better then WoW pvp, i really wanna see the Cinematic Combat being done in a pvp situation
    Omians- 90 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream
    Pokemon Friend Code- 4382 - 3430 - 6494

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •