the RPG side of TOR reminds me a lot of Dragon Age: Origins. The quest design feels reminiscent of World of Warcraft’s Burning Crusade expansion: only as clever as it needs to be and not messing around with often-clumsy vehicles or possession mechanics. And the game’s PvP system feels like a refined and upgraded version of Warhammer Online’s.
    From PCGamer.com

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 01:19 PM ----------

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/13/17...%80%99s-agent/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    From PCGamer.com

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 01:19 PM ----------

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/13/17...%80%99s-agent/
    I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the link. An article from the eyes of an IA. Finally. Thank you again.

To be honest, when a lot of people were talking about how much they liked the idea of the cover mechanic, it just reminded me of the portable cover- and I thought, yeah that's cool but wasn't overly hyped about it. The article reminded me of environmental cover. When this guy was talking about hitting shift then R to get into cover it just made it sound like something you would do in a real game! Penalties for not playing in the agent style and bonuses for exploiting the environment.. IA could be a cool alt

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definatley rolling an IA as my main alt lol

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Long time lurker, so first things first: Thanks Trolls for the great thread and for keeping it up!
    On that last preview, nice to read something from an IA perspective, even tho' I'll probably still go for something with a lightsaber, I just can't resist that stuff ever since episode IV.

I also really enjoyed the tidbits about the story and the cover mechanic. Glad to hear that the class quests really are that unique and fitting to the class as well as the cover info. I was a bit sceptical about taking cover in an MMO, but it reads a bit like LOS and sounds quite fun

New article up, this time we did the Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer abilities seen at E3. Check it out!

http://www.sithwarrior.com/2011/06/e...rer-abilities/

Deleted
    I just browsed trooper companions. Wow, they seem to get an assault droid sort of like this one http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/AR-34_enforcer_droid Cool.

Does anyone else feel like the Smuggler/IA will suck really bad in PVP? Having to be stationary and all with the cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Does anyone else feel like the Smuggler/IA will suck really bad in PVP? Having to be stationary and all with the cover.
    Well, it depends on your build, as some don't rely on cover overly much. If you are one that does, like the sniper, then you would want to act the part. Play in the background like a support class. Range and smarts. You can be highly mobile once you know what you are doing. Use of stuns, snares, etc, and gaining distance. It'll be a different playstyle.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Is there a list of companions for jedi available?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    As far as I am aware no full list of companions is available for any of the classes.

That really depends on the availability of cover and how you're working with a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Well, it depends on your build, as some don't rely on cover overly much. If you are one that does, like the sniper, then you would want to act the part. Play in the background like a support class. Range and smarts. You can be highly mobile once you know what you are doing. Use of stuns, snares, etc, and gaining distance. It'll be a different playstyle.
    Indeed. And hopefully you'll be playing with people who can support you, like your guild/friends. Try to make sure that the IA/Smuggler gets to set up in good positions and you'll be fine.

Also, from what I've seen there aren't that many extra skills you gain through being in cover (I could obviously be mistaken ) so it's not like you're unable to do anything outside of cover

Hopefully Jedi Knights and the like won't be able to force jump to you while your in cover. Same goes for the bounty hunter death grip move.

Hopefully Jedi Knights and the like won't be able to force jump to you while your in cover. Same goes for the bounty hunter death grip move.
    Pretty sure they can't until you go to shoot them while in cover. Can't actually remember but I seen a video on it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Devirae View Post
    As long as there is no ''auto-attack'' ability that is off the GCD and needs to be spammed the whole time there shouldn't be a problem, casters usually don't have one either. If it's neccesairy to spam something the whole time to keep up in damage, pray it can be macro'd, though I doubt Bioware would be so stupid to design the combat that way.
    As far as I've seen from the videos we have thus far, it looks like the non-caster classes are GCD locked. That means that they don't need to spam the same button over and over again, but the class design is to hit a button every 1.5 seconds.

I doubt any non-CD ability will be feasibly spammable. I'm sure it could be done, but likely not optimal damage.

-----

Has Bioware said anything about mods, addons, third party interfaces, etc? I know some MMOs don't allow addons (FFXI), and others love addons (WoW). Wondering where TOR stands.

No mods/add-ons at launch they have said...but they want to put them in at some point.

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    All i can tell you is a astromech droid and a female padawan.....im guessing there might be a fallen jedi in the mix too.I could see BW adding a fallen Jedi..

10+ Year Old Account
    Added and edited info, and fixed the broken pics on front page.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    As far as I've seen from the videos we have thus far, it looks like the non-caster classes are GCD locked. That means that they don't need to spam the same button over and over again, but the class design is to hit a button every 1.5 seconds.

I doubt any non-CD ability will be feasibly spammable. I'm sure it could be done, but likely not optimal damage.

-----

Has Bioware said anything about mods, addons, third party interfaces, etc? I know some MMOs don't allow addons (FFXI), and others love addons (WoW). Wondering where TOR stands.
    i forgot where i read it.. i think it was askajedi.com they asked Bioware that and they couldn't answer that at the time
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    i forgot where i read it.. i think it was askajedi.com they asked Bioware that and they couldn't answer that at the time
    They answered in a recent interview that no third party addon/plug-in will work at the start.