10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    They answered in a recent interview that no third party addon/plug-in will work at the start.
    ah kks, i suppose that works for now, i played WoW without any UI changes for 3 years heh up to the 6 year mar for playing now
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    The TOR UI will work splendidly for me. Been playing on a similar UI setup in WoW since the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any pic's of the armor sets excluding the ones show in the progression videos?

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Does anyone else feel like the Smuggler/IA will suck really bad in PVP? Having to be stationary and all with the cover.
    I don't know if they still have this skill or not, but in an earlier build a developer said that Smugglers would be the only class that could attack while running away, that they could shoot and run. Whereas other classes would have to backpedal to continue attacking, or a run jump turn shoot and keep running kind of thing. So I think Smugglers could have some kiting potential in this way. The cover mechanic is probably more useful in PvE, or if you're fighting an enemy that also uses blaster weapons, no good Smuggler or Agent is just going to sit there while a lightsaber runs up and destroys them.

Point is that Smugglers and Agents aren't designed to go toe to toe with lightsaber wielders, they've gotta use non traditional tactics to best them. That's kind of why the class appeals to me, I think its fun to feel like the underdog and then put a blaster bolt right between the eyes of some arrogant Sith.

Quote Originally Posted by TheConsumer View Post
    Are there any pic's of the armor sets excluding the ones show in the progression videos?
    A few were shown in the recent play-throughs as well as the Bouris Ulgo showcase.

http://darthhater.com/2011/06/12/sit...creen-footage/
    http://darthhater.com/2011/06/12/gam...mo-dissection/

Deleted
    I just bought Star Wars Republic Commando on Steam so I can get pumped for my Trooper! Felt I'd share...for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    I just bought Star Wars Republic Commando on Steam so I can get pumped for my Trooper! Felt I'd share...for some reason...
    I recently bought a bunch of star wars books to tide me over. The Thrawn Trilogy(googled it and everyone said to start there), and the old republic books.

I got The Courtship of Princess Leia, and The Truce at Bakura too. They were bundled with the thrawn books on ebay.
    Last edited by Redgoon23; 2011-06-13 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grand Admiral Thrawn is a badass, and why I want my Bouny Hunter to be Chiss.

Vector Prime, that RA Salvatore wrote, is a good one as well.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Please note that there are TWO hands on from the PC Gamer article

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    I recently bought a bunch of star wars books to tide me over. The Thrawn Trilogy(googled it and everyone said to start there), and the old republic books.

I got The Courtship of Princess Leia, and The Truce at Bakura too. They were bundled with the thrawn books on ebay.
    The Thrawn ones are good yeah so are the Corellian ones, truce at Bakura is good not read the Leia one tho.Should also check out the Rogue Squadron ones and the new jedi order ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller
    The ability to revive group mates does not work while in combat.
    Not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller
    in our game return to Medcenter is a major inconvenience... We're not talking about a 2 minute corpse walk. We're talking about travelling for several minutes (due to our world size) along with potentially re-fighting significant amounts of content. It's not a minor inconvenience, it's a major time loss and much more punishing than other games.
    Not sure if I like this... I guess there will be some sitting and waiting for the death probe.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenReid
    Currently as part of Game Testing, cross-faction communication is enabled. However, it's there precisely because we want to test it. It's looking likely that complete, unfettered cross-faction communication will not be part of the final, launched game.

There may be some form of communication between factions, but that is being tested and refined right now, so no final decision has been made.
    AWWWW! I wanted to taunt those filthy Sith!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Pretty sure they can't until you go to shoot them while in cover. Can't actually remember but I seen a video on it before.
    I've read or heard somewhere these summonable covers could be destroyed, so that might imply you could target them and then force leap them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    A few were shown in the recent play-throughs as well as the Bouris Ulgo showcase.

http://darthhater.com/2011/06/12/sit...creen-footage/
    http://darthhater.com/2011/06/12/gam...mo-dissection/
    thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Not so bad.

Not sure if I like this... I guess there will be some sitting and waiting for the death probe.

AWWWW! I wanted to taunt those filthy Sith!
    1) Don't mind the non-battle rez
    2) I don't mind this either. People need to pay more attention to stuff lol. And if you want to wait for the probe then I'd wager that eventually you'd hit a point where it would be quicker to just run through everything again lol. Think of the extra XP you'll get!
    3) Interesting to be sure. I wonder how they'll explain how a human sith warrior can't talk to a human jedi knight. Presumably they both speak the same language, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devirae View Post
    I've read or heard somewhere these summonable covers could be destroyed, so that might imply you could target them and then force leap them?
    I don't recall ever hearing that. From what I've heard, they are not targetable

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    The problem with that is, CS is billed as an online PvP game. That's the selling point. So, CS is PvP with SOME PvE elements. MW and CoD games would be similar. It's a PvP game with a PvE element. The focal point of those games is the PvP.

It's just like in WoW, all the news you see, hear and read is about the new raiding tier ... oh and hey a new PvP Season. BW has even stated that leveling up through PvP isn't recommended and will be very difficult. It doesn't FORCE you to PvE, but you'd be better off doing the PvE portion.

Not saying I won't PvP in SWTOR. Just as long as it's not as bad as WoW's.

I understand and agree on PvP in SWTOR and hope it will be better than in WoW's , reason i wrote that line is because everytime i see some argument about PvP there are tons of people saying "Its a PvE game with PvP aspect suck it up " etc and it really pisses me off

I also hope atleast at max lvl we wont get forced to PvE to be succesfull in PvP in SWTOR .

Quote Originally Posted by masterkiller View Post
    New article up, this time we did the Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer abilities seen at E3. Check it out!

http://www.sithwarrior.com/2011/06/e...rer-abilities/
    Hey i was wondering did u find any info on warrior abilities and attacks(Marauder,Juggernaut) , i stalked SithWarrior.com for some time but found nothing on that subject

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    As far as I've seen from the videos we have thus far, it looks like the non-caster classes are GCD locked. That means that they don't need to spam the same button over and over again, but the class design is to hit a button every 1.5 seconds.

I doubt any non-CD ability will be feasibly spammable. I'm sure it could be done, but likely not optimal damage.

-----

Has Bioware said anything about mods, addons, third party interfaces, etc? I know some MMOs don't allow addons (FFXI), and others love addons (WoW). Wondering where TOR stands.
    They said no for now , maybe they will allow some addons in the future like addons that arent altering the game too much ,prob something cosmetic and nothing like DBM or similar addon

Anyone else having a hard time going back to WoW after seeing what TOR has to offer and watching gameplay vids? I can't even play WoW for an hour straight without being bored to death. Need this game nowwwww
    I.M.F - Imposing Misery Forever.

Q: What's the difference between fascism and libertarianism?
    A: Under fascism, you are starved of your freedom. Under libertarianism, you are free to starve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Hey i was wondering did u find any info on warrior abilities and attacks(Marauder,Juggernaut) , i stalked SithWarrior.com for some time but found nothing on that subject
    probly not full list, but i have found a website with abilities

http://www.starwarsmmolevelingguide..../sith-warrior/
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    3) Interesting to be sure. I wonder how they'll explain how a human sith warrior can't talk to a human jedi knight. Presumably they both speak the same language, no?
    Game's designers don't have much problem making a decision like this if they feel like it offers a better game play experience. I highly doubt if they do make a decision like that they will try to justify it beyond saying it's an anti-griefing measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalorian View Post
    Anyone else having a hard time going back to WoW after seeing what TOR has to offer and watching gameplay vids? I can't even play WoW for an hour straight without being bored to death. Need this game nowwwww
    I wish it wasn't so but it is. I log onto WoW and I am just bored to death. I don't feel like doing PVP or PVE. I just sit there and log out. My time on my account runs out on the 15th. I don't think I will resub sadly. It's a great game but I need to move on.

Might resub for a month before TOR comes out to try and talk my friends into trying it out with me. They don't play any games other then WoW though. So we will see how that goes. I'll move on anyway, but I'll miss em. <3